Dominions 5 - Return of the Octopus Overlords

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordMortis

Re: Dominions 5 - Return of the Octopus Overlords

Post by LordMortis »

Random event are kicking my butt and I had no idea I would personally would never be able to take a throne, but I'm fighting on...
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Your pretender immobile? You might need to research to a teleport spell or something if you want to claim thrones. Otherwise, if you ever hook up with anyone, we can. I have L3 priests so no problem for me to, but I don't think I'm anywhere particularly near to you.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I've been out cold for a couple days. Will try to get my turn in tonight now that I'm not acting out an old Disney movie.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Our Pretender is a beautiful fountain (The Oracle), which means he is immobile.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Slowly winning my wars (helped significantly by Urak whacking on C'tis, keeping my southern border hostile free; and every one else that is attacking my 4 enemies on the northern border - allies and the other AI faction). Took 1 fort, think I have a good shot of taking another soon. Forgot that my troops excel at siege, first fort they had the walls down on the turn I entered.

Finally reclaimed the province immediately south of my capital (a couple turns ago, the battle wasn't too rough).

Thanks for the earth gems!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Ulm and Machacka (me) are really squeezing out Pangea. Going to keep pushing until there are gone, while just making a holding action on Ashdod until then. Won 3 battles that round, only lost a fourth (anticipated). Still calling that Disciple.....
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I have Abysia's capital besieged, but no idea if I'll be able to storm it before Caelum's army kicks me out. I have a large army headed south to reinforce them and keep pushing Caelum.

My army in the north is getting a bit battered now, but they were able to weaken that huge army Ashdod had and protect Ulm's flank as he's been working on Pangaea. Regrouping that army now, but I should have it reinforced soon.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Tell me what territory you're vacating. The Ulm armies have secured their objectives and need new targets.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Vacating? Instructions unclear...
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If Sepiche lets me know where he's leaving -- I will fill the gap to defend and expand in that direction. Vacating is a legal term.

va·cate
ˈvāˌkāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: vacating

leave (a place that one previously occupied).
"rooms must be vacated by noon on the last day of your vacation"
synonyms: leave, move out of, evacuate, quit, depart from; More
abandon, desert
"he was forced to vacate the premises"
antonyms: occupy, inhabit
give up (a position or office).
"he will vacate a job in government sales"
synonyms: resign from, leave, stand down from, give up, bow out of, relinquish, retire from, quit
"he will be vacating his post next year"
antonyms: take up
Law
cancel or annul (a judgment, contract, or charge).
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I'm sending that army to the fort I captured south of Pan's capital through the small territory Pan took there. (313 -> 314 -> 295).

If you want to fill in north of there I was pushing toward Ashdod when I fell back.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Okay, I wasn't thinking you wanted to know where armies were leaving, I figured you would want to know where they were going.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I'll plug the gap, no problem. At least until the AI summons more monsters than I can shoot with crossbows. :)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I'm going out of town today, won't be back til sometime on Tuesday. I put in my turn for the new round this morning.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Hopefully Pangea will be no more when this turn completes.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

For my neighbors, I'm turtling for the moment. I just a large force to castle assault. I've been a bit behind so now I'm building castles to increase my funding and protection.

I really should start creating magic forces but my game for that is not well versed.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I have been bouncing around, and picking off weak armies, and provinces. I feel like the little brother tagging along with some of these huge armies.

I have a castle up in the water, and hope to start supporting against some of the larger battles it looks like we might have starting there as well.

But again, my forces build up slow, and one wrong battle can eliminate a ton of my expensive forces. I am trying to take the throne that is right next to my capital, which has hampered my ability to produce units all game, since you get the bonus for the surrounding provinces. <sigh>
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Pangea is gone. Took two provinces from ctis and fended off a counterattack. Regrouping in that front for another push in two turns.
Lost two provinces to Ashdod. Forming an army to knock the Giants down to size! Also, it appears that Ulm has a huge bitchin' force on their Eastern border as well.
Agatha, ty for the last cash donation. Since absorbing much of Pangea, which is directly related to your previous donations, I think you can put your resources to use elsewhere. Ty again!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ulm has deployed two major forces that should do well until they hit summoned troops or cavalry. The army in the South secured a new Throne while the Northern army finished Pretender hunting.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

What turn are you all on, and can someone post a screenshot of the map (with flags) to see who's who, and how it's going for the popcorn crowd?

:pop:
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

That was kind of a rough turn. Got reinforcements to the C'tis front just in time to block one of their attacks at least.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Stupid Giants.

I am looking to collect 50 astral gems. This very turn that we are in the midst of, I will pay 10 gold for any type of gem (no blood slaves, obviously), or 20 gold for an astral gem. Make offers here, as I am holding off spending my cash until I see what's available from you guys.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I have gems and little gold. How many you need?

Not as many as I thought. I sent 30 astral and 30 fire
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

LM, page one has you as Pangea, which I know you are not. What race are you so I may send 900 gold?
Thanks
baelthazar

Dominions 5 - Return of the Octopus Overlords

Post by baelthazar »

I am facing basically a 4 front war between T’ien Chi, Man, Atlantis, and Nazca. So far it is all back and forth, but I am likely going to see my land holding eroded as I defend against these huge sea armies.

If anyone needs a new enemy, I would love some bailing out!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I presently have a "peaceful" border with Nazca. Will start raiding in a few turns, to disrupt them. I'm committed presently to Ashdod and ctis, but while the former is still pretty threatening, there are 4 of us closing in. Just hoping the Ulm Juggernaut leaves me some territory around my castles!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I am arcosephale(?)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Freyland wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 am Stupid Giants.

I am looking to collect 50 astral gems. This very turn that we are in the midst of, I will pay 10 gold for any type of gem (no blood slaves, obviously), or 20 gold for an astral gem. Make offers here, as I am holding off spending my cash until I see what's available from you guys.
Sending 17 astral gems.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

New turn is up.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 pm
Freyland wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 am Stupid Giants.

Sending 17 astral gems.
340 Gold sent this turn.

Having achieved my goal, not requesting to trade for gems at this time.
T

Post by T »

baelthazar wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 pm I am facing basically a 4 front war between T’ien Chi, Man, Atlantis, and Nazca. So far it is all back and forth, but I am likely going to see my land holding eroded as I defend against these huge sea armies.

If anyone needs a new enemy, I would love some bailing out!
I was in a similar situation and am about to eliminate one opponent. Once done, I'll see if I can get into the water and hit Atlantis.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Thanks for the gold.

I have death gems, who needs them? I have an income of them from some places, and no death lovers.

I also am working on Construction in the upper levels, and have air,earth, and water mages. Some Astral mages, but not a lot of astral gems to do anything with.

I have been augmenting my troops with Sea trolls, but they are not that good, but quick troops for water gems. Need to get up in levels to summon the troll kings. :)

Also, going to claim the Throne of earth in two turns, and get a castle on it. Once I claim, it will give blessed troops +1 reinvigorate. And let me recruit gnomes. Not sure what gnomes give me honestly, but I will let you know. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I am developing Construction at Artifact levels. :)
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:57 pm I am developing Construction at Artifact levels. :)
Oh Dear. And I had a research build.

I am interested in death gems, but don't have water to trade. I guess negotiate with others first then tell me what you would like otherwise.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Freyland, all yours, what nation are you again?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:21 pm What turn are you all on, and can someone post a screenshot of the map (with flags) to see who's who, and how it's going for the popcorn crowd?

:pop:
Oh man, I missed this. I'll try to get a screenshot to work and get it posted.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

RMC wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm Freyland, all yours, what nation are you again?
Machaka, mighty jungle kingdom of spiders. You sure you don't want anything?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Freyland wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:27 pm
RMC wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:38 pm Freyland, all yours, what nation are you again?
Nah, about time I started pulling my weight. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Freyland wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:27 pm
Sent you 34 Death gems. :) Use them to kick Ashdod's ass.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Thank you for the money. My defense thanks you so muchly!