Dominions 5 - Return of the Octopus Overlords

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zenn7

Re: Dominions 5 - Return of the Octopus Overlords

Post by Zenn7 »

I'll be Mictlan - we'll have a +1 heat scale (middle of the road for Machaka's +2 heat, Ys neutral and Mictlan is +1).

I'll review and get set up on Llama tomorrow evening and PM you two with bless/dominion strategy after we confirm teams are finalized.

I don't want to ruin anyone's fun, but just a FYI for TGB, Bandar Log is +2 heat race. Your allies are temp neutral. Unless Zarathud makes the heat more conducive to you, you are going to suffer some significant penalties. Thought you were new(er?) player to the game, wanted to make sure you are fully aware of the impact of that.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Just let me know how and when to sign in!
Zarathud

Dominions 5 - Return of the Octopus Overlords

Post by Zarathud »

I am theme appropriate Ulm forge masters, so I could tweak my Prestender for a +1 heat to go along with the other boosts. Scaleria is Roman I think, so we would work well together.

But if TGB wants to go to a 1 heat/1 cold then we're likely better off as a team.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
tgb

Post by tgb »

baelthazar wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 am Just let me know how and when to sign in!
Yes, please.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

RMC wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:41 pm Yes a disciple game. I'll let the leaders announce the scales. If people want to change nations that's fine as well.
Yes please. After sepiche weighs in, I might want to change. I'm still learning so that might not be necessary...
RMC

Post by RMC »

tgb wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:40 am
baelthazar wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:42 am Just let me know how and when to sign in!
Yes, please.
In the first post is how to submit the pretender. You will need to email it to the lamma server with the name of the game as the subject.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm away from home presently. How does the game know that I want to make a disciple instead of a Pretender? I recall Disciples get less points (and of course, don't mess with Dominion or Scales).
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Freyland wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 am I'm away from home presently. How does the game know that I want to make a disciple instead of a Pretender? I recall Disciples get less points (and of course, don't mess with Dominion or Scales).
It's in the create pretender options. You can create a pretender or create a disciple. If you create a disciple you get something like 100 points and they can only go in magic mastery.
T

Post by T »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 am I am theme appropriate Ulm forge masters, so I could tweak my Prestender for a +1 heat to go along with the other boosts. Scaleria is Roman I think, so we would work well together.

But if TGB wants to go to a 1 heat/1 cold then we're likely better off as a team.
Not sure, Sceleria also has undead, which favors cold, or doesn't mind it, never played undead before.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't want to be the hold up so I'll go ahead and stay pangea and get things figured out tonight and send my profile in.
tgb

Post by tgb »

T wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm
Zarathud wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 am I am theme appropriate Ulm forge masters, so I could tweak my Prestender for a +1 heat to go along with the other boosts. Scaleria is Roman I think, so we would work well together.

Not sure, Sceleria also has undead, which favors cold, or doesn't mind it, never played undead before.
I'm OK with that. Disciple submitted and ready to go.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Go to the savedgames/newlords folder in the dominions directory, and find your pretender file (e.g. mid_pythium_0.2h)
appdata\roaming\ ? Really? Still.. file sent.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'm not home from the hospital yet... :cry:
RMC

Post by RMC »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm
Go to the savedgames/newlords folder in the dominions directory, and find your pretender file (e.g. mid_pythium_0.2h)
appdata\roaming\ ? Really? Still.. file sent.
Yeah, I was kind of shocked that they were sending the saved games there... :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

Freyland wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:19 pm I'm not home from the hospital yet... :cry:
You okay? Or just work? I forget what everyone does, except the evil lawyers, I never forget them... Plus I met Z in real life, so that helps..
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

RMC wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm
Freyland wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:19 pm I'm not home from the hospital yet... :cry:
You okay? Or just work? I forget what everyone does, except the evil lawyers, I never forget them... Plus I met Z in real life, so that helps..
Doctor. But thanks for asking.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Some of us are so awesome that you can't ever forget us. At least not after we've dragged you to play Kobolds Are My Baby! Post-traumatic stress.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

If nobody minds, switching to Ashdod. Will get it uploaded tomorrow night (tonight had some work to do and up too late already).
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:18 pm Some of us are so awesome that you can't ever forget us. At least not after we've dragged you to play Kobolds Are My Baby! Post-traumatic stress.
Still wake up in a cold sweat..... ;)
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I should be submitted with my very own Octopus Overlord disciple (we really HAD to have a R'lyeh player for this site).

As far as professions, I am in higher education, so I am a Doctor like Freyland, just not the good kind. My semester is ending, so things should be free. That said, I am moving, so that might take my time for a day or so next month.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I submitted mine last night. Fear the Ys..... :)

Also, I have worked in health care for over 10 years, but not the good kind either. I am IT, and a manager in charge of Cardiology systems and a whole host of other systems. Worked my way up, so started in the Quality department supporting one system, and even abstracted charts for CHF and some other studies. Went back to school and get a Masters of Informatics, and a MBA. So, spend a lot of time talking to CMO's, and CMIO, as well as Cardiologists. Work for a fairly big healthcare system, about 13 hospitals currently. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Just need three more pretenders uploaded. Then I can get the teams set, and get everything started. :)
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Ashdod uploaded. Think we're just waiting on Zarathud, the Ungood Lawyer Man (Ulm for short).
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Submitted.

Sorry, 11-12 hour days at the office lately. And that's not doing everything that I should as a result of the new tax bill. This will be something fun to look forward to every few days for the next month.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Just picking on you Zarathud, no worries. I'd actually figured I was going to be last and be the one to get razzed. So thanks for that. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

Should have gotten your first turn emailed to you. I set the timer to 48 hrs, let me know if I need to extend that. Also, remember to download the map files from dropbox in my first post so you can do your first turn.
tgb

Post by tgb »

So how do these team games work? Is it just each team against the other two in a free for all? Can teams assist each other somehow? Is there anything on the map indicating my team-mates?
tgb

Post by tgb »

Far be it from me to rat out a teammate, but when I went to start my first turn I got a warning that "Sceleria has cheated" and it wen on to say that the pretender was too powerful for this game.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scalera has cheated!!!!
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 am Scalera has cheated!!!!
They work with the undead. You just can't trust evil, horrid people like that. :p

Seriously, they just patched yesterday. If Llama server was updated, maybe they changed something that made Scelaria's pretender no longer legal (increased points for the physical form or changed it's abilities or something)?
RMC

Post by RMC »

I PM's T to make sure he did a disciple. But I am guessing it has to do with the patch, and the game likes to throw those errors all the time. :)
T

Post by T »

It was a disciple. I'll send it again when I get home from work.
RMC

Post by RMC »

No reason to send it again. I am guessing it was the patch that caused that. Not a big deal. the game kicks these types of errors all the time, sometimes triggered by random events.

Let's just keep going. :)
T

Post by T »

OK.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

So, I think we (or just I) have an issue. I loaded my .trn file into a newly created save game folder. I then started the game, loaded from the appropriate save, and picked "Machaka" as my nation (only choice provided). The game then hails me as a God, but I am not. I load into the game and I can't see my allies, our bless is all wrong, and I am able to create a prophet (cannot do that in disciple games). The game seems to think I am loading as a Pretender, not disciple, and I have no team.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Same thing happened to me, but I'm so new at this I never realized it was a problem.
T

Post by T »

Seems there are bugs, possibly after the patch as Zarathud said. Maybe we should scrap this game and start again.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah, it seems to be acting odd...

I wasn't sure if we saw our team mates right off the bat, or only after the first turn.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I ran test games to practice, with me as a Disciple, and could see my allies on turn one.
T

Post by T »

Sorry RMC, it was you who said it was the patch.