Gamestop (formerly Stardock/ImpulseDriven) game library - how to access?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hitbyambulance

Gamestop (formerly Stardock/ImpulseDriven) game library - how to access?

Post by hitbyambulance »

Turns out Gamestop may have completely killed all access to any games you may have purchased at Stardock/ImpulseDriven before their purchase of the store. Anyone able to get into their game library?
Daehawk

Re: Gamestop (formerly Stardock/ImpulseDriven) game library - how to access?

Post by Daehawk »

I never had a problem but I have not used it in about a year or more. Ill test it in a few minutes for you.

EDIT: Guess it was longer than I thought. the Impulse app was shut down 2014. Im still looking.

EDIT: I found this. It allowed me to install an old copy of Impulse and see my games list but could not install or archive them... http://academagia.invisionzone.com/topi ... s-impulse/

EDIT: Some success...at the bottom right of the app is a little button labelled 'view serial'. I was able to copy all my serial codes to a notepad file. So I have them...now if I can register them somewhere to get the games again. Pretty shitty of Gamestop to take peoples money then take away their games.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I understand that if you contact Gamestop customer support, they may provide you with keys for games you owned on their system.

Note that the whole incident is one of the reasons I no longer have much love for Stardock, a company I'd been patronizing since the 90s.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Out of all my games only one registered for me on Steam and it was X3 Terran Conflict...which funnily enough was on my Wishlist :P
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 pm Note that the whole incident is one of the reasons I no longer have much love for Stardock, a company I'd been patronizing since the 90s.
Same here.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

If you remember your impulse email that you last had on file (and still have that account), you can register directly on Stardock's site and download from them.

Just download from store.stardock.com

If you don't remember it, try Stardock's support, see if they can hook you up (guessing if you have sufficient info to validate your account or Serial Numbers from your purchases or something, they'd likely help you out).
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Zenn7 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:46 am If you remember your impulse email that you last had on file (and still have that account), you can register directly on Stardock's site and download from them.

Just download from store.stardock.com

If you don't remember it, try Stardock's support, see if they can hook you up (guessing if you have sufficient info to validate your account or Serial Numbers from your purchases or something, they'd likely help you out).
That's only for games developed/published by Stardock, IIRC. At any rate, for actual Stardock games that you purchased all you need is the email address associated with your account. You can use it here to have them email a list of product keys and download links, without needing to log in to your account.

Sadly, the download link for my 10 remaining TGN tokens doesn't work... ;)

All that I recall about the Gamestop stuff was being directed to merge my Impulse account with my nonexistent Gamestop account. At that point, I just decided that they (Gamestop and Stardock) could go pound sand and I wrote off my Impulse library.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I had a game on Impulse...wonder what it was...Sword of the Stars maybe?

Ahhh...it was Sins of a Solar Empire
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.