The Quest

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

The Quest

Post by Jaymann »

Picked this up on Steam for $10. It is a very basic first-person RPG. Sort of reminiscent of Might and Magic with somewhat updated graphics and a party of one. I am up to level 4 having only completed 1 minor quest. Not real easy, but I was able to run away from combat.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ColdSteel

Re: The Quest

Post by ColdSteel »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:25 pm Sort of reminiscent of Might and Magic
Very much so, I thought. I've had a lot of fun with it.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Same game is 7.99 in the google play store. Not sure price in iOS. Devs say that save games are compatible between versions. Steam workshop available if you go PC.

I like old Might and Magic so I might pull the trigger soon.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

The game originated as a pocket PC game back in the 2000s, before being ported over to iOS, and later being remastered by Chillingo and released for multiple platforms a couple of years ago. The base content remains mostly the same as it was originally. As such, expect a large, yet rudimentary open world, with fairly simple quests and basic AI. It is fun, though, as long as you know what you’re getting.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I unintentionally finished the game with a level 17 fighter. I thought I would make some progress on the main quest, when next thing I knew I was at a boss that turned out to be the final boss.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Godzilla Blitz

Post by Godzilla Blitz »

I just grabbed this during the Steam sale. I remember it was one of the first games I tried on my iPhone. On the iPhone it was a bit clunky and the graphics left a bit to be desired. But on a larger screen with some moderately upgraded graphics, I'm really looking forward to digging in.