Hitman (the latest) - question about "how to play it"

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

ChuckB

Hitman (the latest) - question about "how to play it"

Post by ChuckB »

Hi,

I actually have Hitman on the PS4 but I guess I may find more people who play it on the PC Games boards:

It may be a strange question but I have trouble getting into the game and enjoy it and wanted to see if someone has any good general tips on how to best approach the game.

I did all the tutorials (several times, trying the different approaches) and really enjoyed them but I'm now at the Paris scenario (the fashion show) and I'm just lost. I have the feeling that I need to explore but at the same time, I seem to miss opportunities so time (and timing) seems to matter. I guess the openness of the game (which seems to be well implemented) creates this problem and I try to follow the hints that are showing up to have more guidance but I still have trouble deciding my next steps.

It seems that this game may require a different approach/mindset than other games that look similar to enjoy it and it would be great to hear from others how they approach (and enjoy) it.

Thanks!
AWS260

Re: Hitman (the latest) - question about "how to play it"

Post by AWS260 »

My main advice would be not to worry too much about missing the "opportunities" that the game points out to you. They're just suggestions, and there are many more ways to achieve your objectives. The levels are so diverse and open that you can play them multiple times, exploring different ways to off your targets.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Iirc, there are even achievements for doing things in certain ways with certain items.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

So, what do you do when entering a new level - first look around, trying to explore everything and then try different approaches in different playthroughs or do you go for a solution you see and learn along the way?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Get analysis paralysis, quit the game, and play NHL 17.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

ChuckB wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 pm It may be a strange question but I have trouble getting into the game and enjoy it and wanted to see if someone has any good general tips on how to best approach the game.
I've tried getting into the new Hitman when they had the free weekends and each time I have the same issue that I had with the older versions; once I do an assassination, no matter how clumsy, sloppy or barely I achieve it, I have no motivation to go back and replay the same mission to get better points or use a different weapon or dress up as RuPaul.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold