[Oldies] Fallout 3 replay for 2018!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: [Oldies] Fallout 3 replay for 2018!

Post by Kasey Chang »

Grrr, while I enjoy the world building (they made the underwater base Poseidonis in the mod's earlier mission into a full-fledged colony with multi-level structures with shop and apartments, complete with an immigration line). The problem is there's little more than spending $$$. Apparently I can buy ***** for my underwater home, but that means exchanging my caps for TSC credits (shouldn't I get everything for free as its supreme leader?) And the way the base was laid out, you don't have a full map except while you're in the interconnecting tubes, rather than in the intersections. Grrrr! Need more signs or Pipboy nav markers.

They also added an embassy in the New Soviet State. Another expansion added the moon base. But NONE of them seem to care about adding quest markers! ARGH! I was wandering the place at random until I accidentally ran into the place!

There's a blab about Moonbase, but I just put in 50K caps and it can't be even close to being finished yet. Supposedly it takes 15 local days.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

I was inspired, partially by this thread, to re-install and mod the game to a fairly modern standard.

If anyone wishes to do this, I recommend the following guide on YouTube: Fallout 3 Remastered (2017) (Mod Guide)

The mods used are strictly for performance and graphical updates. There are no changes to gameplay. I added a handful of other mods (also graphical) to further enhance the game more to my tastes. The Nexus now uses Vortex instead of NMM, so there were a few differences to figure out, but I've been very happy with the results.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

FWIW, this is the most continually updated FO3 mod guide:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Kelmych/Fallout3

You can choose visual and performance mods only. All mods are classified clearly.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

That is...a lot of mods. I will have to check these out, but I kept it to a minimum on mods. Thanks!
"Some people say never...I just say no"