Paragon (3rd Person MOBA, PS4 Crossplay)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sudy

Paragon (3rd Person MOBA, PS4 Crossplay)

Post by Sudy »

Paragon

Anyone playing? It's Epic Games's 3rd-person MOBA. Been running since late 2015 I believe, in extended open beta (as most F2P games are these days).

Like many, I've never had much desire to play a MOBA due to the intimidation factor (high skill ceiling, twitch gameplay, community toxicity), but my PS4-only buddy has been playing with his girlfriend and told me there's PC crossplay, so I figured I'd give it a go. I haven't played multiplayer anything with a friend in ages, so I'm enjoying the experience.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
KDH

Re: Paragon (3rd Person MOBA, PS4 Crossplay)

Post by KDH »

... :coffee: ... Paragon to Close on April 26
Paragon to Close on April 26
By The Paragon Team

Hey Everyone,

It’s with heavy hearts we’ve decided to close down Paragon.

We truly appreciate everything you’ve put into Paragon. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community.

After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow Paragon into a MOBA that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry.

To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider.

To request your refund, follow these steps:

If you’re not playing on PC, link your Epic account (create one if necessary).
If you play on PC, or have already linked your Epic account, you can request your refund here.

We’ll continue operating Paragon servers until April 26, 2018. As the player population continues to decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade.

Thank you for joining us on this journey and for your dedication to Paragon.
Last edited by KDH on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Huh..what about that. I thought they were still adding stuff to it. Paragon and Heroes of the Storm are the only MOBAs I could ever stand. Otherwise I hate MOBAs still.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Penny Arcade, January 19th

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I never played this, but isn't it unheard of for a company to offer a full refund for a game they are shutting down? That's crazy good customer service in my book!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

It's not my fault! /Han Solo

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg