Martial Arts Brutality

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sepiche

Martial Arts Brutality

Post by Sepiche »

Been playing this the last couple of days on Steam, so I thought I'd mention it here.

It's a bit of a mashup, with part of the game being a turn based deck building/collectible card game where you fight AI and other players using various martial arts, and the other part of the game being a twitch based click mechanic where you have to correctly draw lines to make attacks, try to block enemy attacks, and try to counter them.

Combat is divided into rounds where you draw cards from your main deck (as opposed to your counter attack deck), and in a limited amount of time select various attacks, draw the correct lines for that attack, and cue up a list of attacks your opponent will have to try to block. Then they get a chance to block each attack, and if they successfully block the attack they have a chance to counter where they would get dealt cards from their counter deck and they select an unblockable counter to apply.

Battles can be team based, 1 on 1, free for all, etc. in both the single player quests and multiplayer online battles.

I'm sure there are some that will like the idea of the card portion of the game, but get turned off by the twitch mechanics, but once I got used to the blocking and countering it wasn't too bad.

It's free to play with the option to pay for more cards, but so far it seems designed to play fine without spending any money.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/61808 ... Brutality/

From the look of it I'm also assuming there's a mobile version of it out there.