Metal Gear Survive

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Metal Gear Survive

Post by Isgrimnur »

Steam
METAL GEAR SURVIVE builds upon METAL GEAR SOLID V’S enduring stealth action gameplay while introducing the new elements of exploration and survival to create a bold new experience.

METAL GEAR SURVIVE is a spin off from the main METAL GEAR SOLID V story that takes place in a strange alternative universe.

Create your own character and learn to survive. Scavenge resources, craft weapons, build a base camp and explore the unknown while developing the survival skills necessary in this hostile environment.

In CO-OP mode, assemble a team of four players to infiltrate and defend areas from hordes of creatures. Place fortifications and defensive weapons strategically to give you an advantage against ever intensifying enemies. Team work and resourcefulness are key in these fast paced co-op missions.
Availabvle 02/21, beta is available to play now.
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Re: Meta Gear Survive

Post by Freyland »

I lack the gear to survive a "Meta" game.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Re: Meta Gear Survive

Post by Isgrimnur »

Freyland wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:12 pm I lack the gear to survive a "Meta" game.
:P
hitbyambulance

Re: Metal Gear Survive

Post by hitbyambulance »

anyone want to team up for this? please allow 20 minutes to customize your avatar. i played a round but i'm not really sure how to do this yet.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

the animation and character movements are really well done - i could see this being a good engine for a Dark Souls-esque title. i just find the game impossible to play on my own, since i can't get anything of substance done in the limited time between waves. given that i can't seem to get anyone interested in trying this... good luck, Konami.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dubious Quality
Not even surprising:
It seems Metal Gear Survive only comes with a single free save slot – if you want a second one you’ll have to pony up a significant chunk of extra cash.

Metal Gear Solid requires you to create an avatar, which is tied to your single-player and online multiplayer save file/account. If you want to start a fresh playthrough, you’ve got to create a new character, which means you’ll have to delete your original save or cough up 1,000 SV Coins. Konami is selling their premium in-game currency in various set amounts — 550 SV Coins will set you back $5, while 1150 will cost you $10.

If you share your Steam, Xbox Live, or PSN account with family members, each additional player will have to spend that extra $10 to play with their own character.
If you're wondering if you can earn "premium in-game currency" by playing the game--well, you get 30 SV coins a day that you log in. So if you want that extra save slot without paying, it's only 34 days away!