If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

LordMortis

Dominions 5 Round 2. Fight!

Post by LordMortis »

For my reference

Code: Select all

https://larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/
For my single most important lesson learned. An immobile God in a disciples game probably means you get no thrones.

I'm willing to host again if you're willing to deal with my hiccups.
For anyone interested. This last game was about a three month long commitment to a very casual game.

Let's get sign ups and parameters.

What do we want to play? More teams? Co-op? Hostile? Age? Feel free to create your own sample network to get a feel for how the parameters work.
Pyperkub

Re: Dominions 5 Round 2. Fight!

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote:For my reference

Code: Select all

https://larzm42.github.io/dom5inspector/
For my single most important lesson learned. An immobile God in a disciples game probably means you get no thrones.

I'm willing to host again if you're willing to deal with my hiccups.
For anyone interested. This last game was about a three month long commitment to a very casual game.

Let's get sign ups and parameters.

What do we want to play? More teams? Co-op? Hostile? Age? Feel free to create your own sample network to get a feel for how the parameters work.
Many nations have level 3 priests who can claim thrones.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:30 am For my single most important lesson learned. An immobile God in a disciples game probably means you get no thrones.
Someone may have mentioned something about this in the setup for the first game... ;)

There are a few races that have L3 priests and a couple that can summon some (national summon). Do not believe there any that are generic summons any faction can cast. In a non-disciples game, not such a big deal, just make a disciple, they get bumped to L3 holy (or +1 if they are L3 or higher already).

As for the next game, I'd vote we advance through the ages with each game. We did middle ages, now on to the late ages.

I'm up for either co-op or PVP, but if we do PVP, let's try to avoid AI players (we learned they do not mix nicely in our PVP games last time). For something different, maybe we can try for a blessing focus. Your deity was a nice balance of bonuses, but nothing special in the blessing department.

I like doing blessings, great for early/mid-game - not going to be so useful in a PVP end game w/ players with any experience from what I've read - you have to push and capitalize on them while they give you an edge.
baelthazar

Dominions 5 Round 2. Fight!

Post by baelthazar »

I am in on this. Do all games against the AI have to be disciple games? I missed having a choice of Pretender.

Late Age works for me, but do be mindful, several LA kingdoms have deadly dominions. R’lyeh, for example, spreads death and madness.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

baelthazar wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 am I am in on this. Do all games against the AI have to be disciple games? I missed having a choice of Pretender.

Late Age works for me, but do be mindful, several LA kingdoms have deadly dominions. R’lyeh, for example, spreads death and madness.
I think teams are disciple games. We can play where we each have pretenders but we won't be allies.... I think...
T

Post by T »

I vote for team PvP, no AIs. And clustered (or whatever it's called) start so teams are not too close to each other.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I'm in. I love the early game in Dominions.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I'll play.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 am
baelthazar wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 am I am in on this. Do all games against the AI have to be disciple games? I missed having a choice of Pretender.

I think teams are disciple games. We can play where we each have pretenders but we won't be allies.... I think...
Only way for teams is disciples game. There is no built in diplomacy/alliance system. We can make external teams, but external allies are still 100% independent of each other as far as the game is concerned. I recommend against external allies though because we can't see each others domains, and it would be easy to forget or not recognize your allies' nation banner in game and attack each other. But if we strongly wanted to do that, we could.

As for including AI or not, we could include AI whether we are in game allies, external allies or full on PVP.

As for deadly dominions, there R'lyeh is the only late age one I know of. There are at least 2 middle age ones (Asphodel (undead plant woodlands) and Ermor (undead romans)). Some are not flat out deadly, but can be difficult for others (these exist in all ages) - C'tis swamps tend to be unpleasant for others, and I think certain hot/cold nations spread heat/cold (beyond the impact of the scales of the pretender alone).

For my personal preferences - I'm fine with vs AI or PVP, but if we do PVP, no AI's (if we cannot make even teams, someone might be willing to play multiple nations on their team; I could if others do not have a desire to do so). AI's mess things up both for other teams and for the team they are on sometimes. If we are doing PVP, we could do a free for all, or teams. I do not have an extremely strong preference either way. I do recommend if we do teams that we try to limit teams to 3-4 players so they can focus a little to help make their factions more compatible with each other (taking all hot nations or all cold nations on 1 team or all nations that work well with chaos dominion or with a specific bless or whatever).