Ember

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Ember

Post by Rumpy »

Anyone play this? It's an RPG that reminds me a lot of Torchlight in its art style, but with the depth of something like Baldur's Gate. Just recently started it, so I'm still fairly early into it, but it's quite good so far.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Skinypupy

Re: Ember

Post by Skinypupy »

Played it when it first came out on iPad. It’s interesting for a bit, but the story goes nowhere and the combat gets repetitive very quickly. I wandered away about halfway through because I simply got bored.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I think it's definitely an interesting little CRPG that has a lot to offer. What's odd to me however is the UI and how some of the game mechanics work. The devs state the game was first developed for the PC and released for the iPad later, but the game clearly has tablet-designed qualities to it, like how one moves, and how the instructions tell you to drag. The combat is fiddly and hard to see who's fighting what at times, and the UI is clearly tablet sized.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I either missed this thread or read it and dismissed the game. Glad that happened because I got this for $2.50 on Steam today and its a blast. Reminds me of Divine Divinity. You can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel if you cant see it well. Hope the story doesn't die.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I found it surprisingly deep given how inexpensive it is and found the ending quite good as well. I really hope it gets a sequel.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti