Heat Signature

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Heat Signature

Post by Daehawk »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/26813 ... Signature/

Interesting little game. Sneak aboard spaceships and kill the crew to steal the ship. Lots of ways to do it too is what makes it so interesting. Watch the little video it comes with on Steam.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Re: Heat Signature

Post by Kasey Chang »

Playing it. It's fun so far, trying to think of countermeasures for the more powerful guards. Right now, it's just to knock everybody over the head.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The serious missions are giving me a bit of a headache. You can pause but it doesn't help you that much. In a large ship, the missions are difficult, esp. when you run into guards that are invulnerable to most weapons, or the kamikaze guards (explodes when they take lethal damage). I can do easy, and medium, and even a few hard ones, mainly by going around, ambushing guards, and knock them over the head. I am having some problems taking out a group of them at a time. If they patrol, I can ambush one or two with guns (my concussive pistol is good enough to get a shot off, and before the other guy can react, shoot him too, but it requires me from shooting them in the back. Not good when you're clearing a room. Shotgun doesn't help much unless you get them in the right arc.

Latest mission was kinda funny. I got knock off twice, and I had to redock. One raised the alarm, so I have to do knock out the pilot. Knocked off the target (capture) and was making a run for it when someone shot me in the back. Got dumped out the airlock AGAIN, went back in the third time, cleared the ship, and FINALLY got my target into the pod. ARGH. I think I had 6 seconds left on my air timer.

The game's missions are randomly generated so no two missions are exactly the same.

The "defector" missions are basically challenge missions that require you to use only specific weapons/gadgets to accomplish your goal, and it gets VERY VERY tricky indeed.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

It's not always stealing the whole ship. You can be after one guy, either kill or capture, steal an item on the ship, or steal the whole ship.

Later you get much tougher assignments, like autopilot (so you can't knock over the pilot to prevent the ship from heading for home), super guards (they got their own teleporters, or impervious to weapons, or having shields, or random powers that your intel has nothing on).