Machiavillain

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tgb

Machiavillain

Post by tgb »

On Steam today for $16 (normally $20) - kind of like Prison Architect, Dungeon Keeper and Oxygen Not Included had a three-way and produced a baby.

This video sold me.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
GreenGoo

Re: Machiavillain

Post by GreenGoo »

Watched 5 seconds of video to see the premise.

In.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm Watched 5 seconds of video to see the premise.

In.
And by "in", that means Goo just bought a new toaster, because the first 5 seconds was a Sponsor ad.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Played this for a while last night and enjoyed it. It's a hair rough around the edges here and there... I saw some odd pathing issues, and the tutorial sure leaves a lot to be desired, but after 1 attempt and a restart I was able to figure things out enough to progress competently.

The game does give you a very brief overview of the controls, and has help popups that appear when you use a new feature, but without experimentation there's not a lot of guidance in what your real goals are and how to go about laying out your mansion. Designing your mansion feels a bit like Evil Genius where you need to craft your mansion such that victims will ideally come in, not get scared, and separate from each other for optimal killing, all the while keeping them from going into the rooms your monsters live and work in (since there's lots of stuff there that will scare them, and scared victims will call home raising suspicion when they get killed).

Once you kind of dive in and realize, at least early on, that you aren't going to be able to do much more than simply slaughter the victims that show up, it starts to fall into place.
tgb

Post by tgb »

As far as guidance goes, there's a tab in the lower right corner (I forget what it's called) that, when opened, tells you what you need to do to achieve the next level, and what the rewards are (gold, unlocked minions, etc.)
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:43 am
GreenGoo wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm Watched 5 seconds of video to see the premise.

In.
And by "in", that means Goo just bought a new toaster, because the first 5 seconds was a Sponsor ad.
It was a political ad as we have an election coming up.

If I talk about the first 5 mins of a movie, am I really talking about the trailers? :D
Last edited by GreenGoo on Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

In.
Goo could have YouTube Red which eliminates ads, just sayin (I do!)

I'm on buying hiatus, but will put this on the wishlist.
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Any text writeups for those of us who just don't like watching web video?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 pm

In.
It was a political and as we have an election coming up.

If I talk about the first 5 mins of a movie, am I really talking about the trailers? :D
Well, admittedly I haven't read any of your movie reviews to determine if they start off really segmental and disconnected, before suddenly focusing on the anticipated plot. :think:
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Based on sepiche's comments it sounds like it's too early in development for me to jump in. It has to have some legs and variety for me. There are plenty of games who's premise sounds like exactly what I would like but then the execution is less than hoped for, and this might be one of those. At least up to this point.