Battlefield V

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Battlefield V

Post by Daehawk »

Ya BF5. Heres a trailer. Looks all stupid to me...move move move go go go fast fast fast. PASS. I hate this type gaming.

Someone in the comments says..

EA: Most realistic ww2 shooter.
Trailer : Transgender handicapped female barbarians killing 20 soldiers in ww2.

Seems about right for dumbass EA. Hope it fails big time.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
TheMix

Re: Battlefield V

Post by TheMix »

Yeah. Realistic that is not. :lol:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Not like the good old days of 1942 were.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

:)

I played 1942 a bunch. I don't remember jet packs. Were they introduced in one of the expansions? I vaguely recall lots of expansions.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wiki
The Jetpack is a gadget available on the four maps featured in the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Well there you go. They were SECRET weapons. :shhh:

That's why we never heard about them. Totally realistic.!! 8-)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Daehawk wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:35 pm Seems about right for dumbass EA. Hope it fails big time.
Narrator: It won't.
Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm in. Battlefield 1 is/was freaking great and this one isn't going to have the maps for sale. This is great because it fractures the community when things are behind pay walls. It will mean loot crates galore, but that's easy enough for me to ignore. :horse:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I'm pretty cynical, but Battlefield 1 was a really good game - totally surprised me at how well the SP campaign was crafted. I actually thought the SP campaign for Call of Duty WW2 was total trash and I'm a WW2 gaming fanatic. I'm quite curious to see how this goes and it's going to be something I follow simply because of Battlefield 1.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They did totally cock up Star Wars again so I have that in the back of my mind. The positive side of me thinks that they must of learned a lesson. And then I remember it's EA. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It isn't reality I have a problem with. Nor is it females with mechanical arms. Its just the stupid speed of it all. Im old. I dont like and cant play fast shooters like I did at 25. I like slower ones. this is just waaay not for me.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

So you hope the game fails because it's not for you? Based on one trailer?
Hodor.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hope EA fails so they go away and stop making shit games.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They make a lot of games that a lot of people love.

I'm not fond of their business model myself, but just because something isn't to my own personal preference doesn't make it universally bad.

Anyway, the internets are exploding because of this. All the Gamergate twits are out in force, rioting in the streets. Apparently, in the age of Trump, it is featuring a female freedom fighter (which were real things) that is the line that brings them out of hiding.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone else think this is more like a Bad Company game?
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:24 am Anyone else think this is more like a Bad Company game?
Yes, it looks like a mix of the two and I am down for that. I love the BF series and Bad Co 2 was spectacular.
"Battlefield 5 will also include highly destructible environments. Weapons and vehicles will be able to utterly destroy some structures, leaving behind nothing more than a skeleton with a staircase and bits of roofs and upper floors. To compensate, DICE is adding buildable fortifications."

Some other tidbits:

No loot crates!

"Battlefield 5 will have two kinds of currency, a so called “grind currency” that is earned through gameplay and a premium currency available in exchange for real-world money. Premium currency can be used to purchase cosmetic items. Cosmetic items can also be unlocked through gameplay and with grind currency.

DICE and EA have vowed that there will be no randomized loot crates."

"Cosmetic items, or the in-game currency used to purchase them, can be earned through Daily Orders. These micro-achievements will change from day to day. In addition, players will also be able to slot Special Assignments, up to four at one time, that they can work toward to unlock certain items.

“Special Assignments are the real meaty, long-lasting cross session-type activities,” said franchise design director Daniel Berlin. “Maybe you can get them done in a session if you’re really good, to long, long-ranging things that give you the promise of these unique, iconic rewards at the end of them.

Berlin said that DICE is working to make Special Assignments accessible for all players by creating multiple pathways to succeed at each."

Doesn't sound terrible, maybe lessons were learned? I am strongly considering preordering this one.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I couldn't care less about cosmetic loot crates. It's when there is gameplay or advancement locked behind loot crates that I have an issue with it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
morlac

Post by morlac »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 am I couldn't care less about cosmetic loot crates. It's when there is gameplay or advancement locked behind loot crates that I have an issue with it.
Edit to clarify:

Sorry, left out the pertinent info on that:

"In Battlefield 5, unlocks that impact gameplay — including subclasses called Archetypes, perks, weapons and vehicles — must be earned through play. DICE has vowed that they will not be available for purchase."

They seem to be obtained only with the "grind" currency. Must Earn in game currency or hit certain milestones to unlock. The cosmetic stuff can be obtained both with grind currency and "premium" currency which you can spend real $ on. Seems to be a great mix.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:47 pm It isn't reality I have a problem with. Nor is it females with mechanical arms. Its just the stupid speed of it all. Im old. I dont like and cant play fast shooters like I did at 25. I like slower ones. this is just waaay not for me.
Man, there was a huge amount of stuff going on in that video. I almost had to rest just from watching it. lol

It looked really cool though, loved the cinematography of it. :wub: Dice has come a long ways since Iron Storm.
Enlarge Image
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Gameplay video. I have no interest in it. Maybe some of you will. I would rather be playing 1942 and 1943 and Vietnam instead. After those I didn't like them.

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

WAR IN THE PACIFIC. Wake island is back! Oct 31st.
https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/ba ... ific?mod=1
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
morlac

Post by morlac »

hmm, I may need to revisit this one. Haven't played in about 6 months after fizzling out.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Play for free.

Play Chapter 5: War in the Pacific
In the Free Weekend Trial
November 1-3
Not yet a Battlefield V owner? You can still join the all-out war on PC, PlayStation® 4, and Xbox One thanks to the Battlefield V Free Weekend Trials*. Experience Grand Operations on the trial’s third weekend starting October 24 and, on the newly added fourth trial weekend starting November 1, deploy in the Pacific and sample Chapter 5 and all the multiplayer mayhem of Battlefield V.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.