[Bethesda] Fallout 76

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: [Bethesda] Fallout 76

Post by coopasonic »

After having issues placing my base in a new location, I saw someone's solution and stole it.

-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Montag

Post by Montag »

Just started and reached level 2! MontagGG is my Bethesda name. Montag is my character.
words
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Kinda annoyed here, but it's my own fault. I died (Death A), and while trying to get back to my corpse to pick up a crap-load of great junk to break down (adhesives, aluminum, etc), I died again (Death B). I respawned, and only saw the skull for Death B. When I went back, there was only stuff I'd picked up since I died the first time (between Death A and Death B). Does your loot disappear if you die again on the way to get your stuff?

It's a little late for me to stick around and wait, and there's about 7 lvl 15 Anglers hovering around where my loot bag *should* be from Death A, so I guess I just lost out on about 200 lbs of really good stuff.

Damnit.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:33 am Does your loot disappear if you die again on the way to get your stuff?
I don't believe so, but I've never put it to the test. As far as I can tell, dropping junk when you die is exactly the same as deliberately dropping items any other time. The paper sack with your stuff will persist for some time but will eventually despawn, however I'm not sure just how long that takes.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:57 am
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:33 am Does your loot disappear if you die again on the way to get your stuff?
I don't believe so, but I've never put it to the test. As far as I can tell, dropping junk when you die is exactly the same as deliberately dropping items any other time. The paper sack with your stuff will persist for some time but will eventually despawn, however I'm not sure just how long that takes.
Thanks. I lost four rolls of military grade duct tape, three bottles of economy wonderglue, and about a dozen aluminum cans and some raw aluminum ore... along with a host of other stuff. Other than that dumb mistake, I'm really enjoying this one.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have unintentionally put it to the test. The loot from the first death was still there.

Hit level 45 and finally had to craft some ammo. .308 is getting scarce with most of the higher level enemies dropping 5.56. There isn't enough .50 ammo around to make it really worth stepping up. What's a sniper to do?

Nice work on the scorchbeast. One day I will stop running away and actually kill one.... maybe.

I've decided at this stage of the game the most useful perks are the Luck perks that randomly repair your weapons and armor. High level armor repair requirements are silly.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:21 am Nice work on the scorchbeast. One day I will stop running away and actually kill one.... maybe.
It was like that when I found it, I swear! I did actually help kill one a few minutes after that shot was taken and got some nice loot from it though.

Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I haven't managed to kill a scorch beast yet... I've tangled with them a few times, but I don't usually carry around the number of stims I'd need to finish one off.

I did try to kill the mirelurk queen last night near the water park in the north, and that didn't end well. Just like in FO4 they hit REALLY hard.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I took out a scorchbeast with the help of a SAM... then the event said, wave two incoming... I left.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I hit 51 this morning. If anyone is curious it appears that post-50 you still get to pick one perk card per level. That's good. I was worried I would have to wait for RNG to recover from those early wasted picks I made.

I am *still* churning through the main quest. I'm not really paying much attention to it, just going through the motions because I would rather be killing.

Speaking of killing. I finally got ganked yesterday. Saturday I was checking out the munitions factory, getting it marked on my map for future use. Someone else had claimed it and was putzing around up there. I picked a lock and I guess that gave me a 10 cap bounty. 6 hours of play later, I was coming out of the Charleston DMV with my new ID and was immediately jumped by a guy with a rocket sledge who managed to out-heal me. He didn't take any of my stuff. *shrug*
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

I've only seen one of them, thankfully it was in a place where there was a hanger I could duck into. He never tried to come after me, and actually ended up killing a mob of scorched I had attracted.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It's funny he would go after the scorched, they are his people. He actually turns other mobs into scorched versions if he hangs around long enough.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I picked a lock and I guess that gave me a 10 cap bounty. 6 hours of play later, I was coming out of the Charleston DMV with my new ID and was immediately jumped by a guy with a rocket sledge who managed to out-heal me.
Wait. I thought you couldn't be hurt much from another player unless you clicked agree to pvp. Does it flag you pvp if you do a dirty deed like pick a lock?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:59 pm It's funny he would go after the scorched, they are his people. He actually turns other mobs into scorched versions if he hangs around long enough.
Maybe he was hungry for some twice-scorched.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:32 pm
I picked a lock and I guess that gave me a 10 cap bounty. 6 hours of play later, I was coming out of the Charleston DMV with my new ID and was immediately jumped by a guy with a rocket sledge who managed to out-heal me.
Wait. I thought you couldn't be hurt much from another player unless you clicked agree to pvp. Does it flag you pvp if you do a dirty deed like pick a lock?
You don't get flagged for picking locks in the general environment, but I think he probably picked a lock at a player's camp.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It wasn't at his camp, but it was at a claimed location (I forget what they are called, but basically resource generators). It's like a bonus camp that is supposed to be a focus of PvP and you have to defend them from PvE threats to hold onto them as well. For all intents and purposes it is the same as his camp. By breaking into "his" stuff I was flagging myself for PvP even if I didn't really know it until the warning appeared... you know after it was done.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh ok. New info to me. I keep reading up on it. Would be nice if it told you before you did something. Also would be nice if someone did something to you or your stuff that it special flagged them on the map so you know who did it :)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah, some of it is still a puzzle to me and I'm in the endgame now.

When you get a bounty, it shows up on the map for everyone so they can go shopping... I mean hunting.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:39 pm It wasn't at his camp, but it was at a claimed location (I forget what they are called, but basically resource generators). It's like a bonus camp that is supposed to be a focus of PvP and you have to defend them from PvE threats to hold onto them as well. For all intents and purposes it is the same as his camp. By breaking into "his" stuff I was flagging myself for PvP even if I didn't really know it until the warning appeared... you know after it was done.
They're called workshops. You can also drive PvP by claiming a workshop that someone else controls. My one PvP death was when I received a message that my workshop at the Gorge Junkyard was under attack. When I arrived to defend it, I discovered that someone else had taken control and when I approached to recce the situation they were able to snipe me.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:49 pm Yeah, some of it is still a puzzle to me and I'm in the endgame now.

When you get a bounty, it shows up on the map for everyone so they can go shopping... I mean hunting.
Good lord, you've played enough to reach the end of the exploration portion of the game already??? :shock:
Covfefe!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

hepcat wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:49 pm Yeah, some of it is still a puzzle to me and I'm in the endgame now.

Good lord, you've played enough to reach the end of the exploration portion of the game already??? :shock:
I'd guess that he was just referring to hitting level 50+.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Even that amazes me. I’m only level 9 after about 5 hours.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:37 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:59 pm

I'd guess that he was just referring to hitting level 50+.
Yes, but I have also seen pretty much everything the world has to show us. I done been everywhere.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ugh, this thing is a beast. My son got himself a copy with his allowance. He was able to run Fallout 4, but this thing is barely even playable for him. He's getting ~20fps indoors on the lowest settings. And since I won't be able to upgrade my system any time soon, he won't be able to get my hand-me-downs anymore.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I can't believe it took me this long to bag my first deathclaw.

Enlarge Image

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have the quest to launch a nuke now. :twisted: Level 55 and pretty close to my target build, although the target build is shifting a little bit and I am adding in some swappable cards for special needs (ammo crafting for instance).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Watching my son play. The pulled the same stupid shit they got flak for in Fallout 4 - they hardcoded the workshop keys. If you don't use WASD, your controls will become unusable when in workshop mode. We use ESDF - F is hardcoded to rotate. When in build mode, he can't move right.

In Fallout 4 I got around that by leaving everything at the defaults and remapping my entire keyboard through the keyboard software instead. That won't work here - because it make typing impossible.

Stupid fucking Bethesda.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I hated it in FO4 also. I use arrows. So in build mode I could not move I was stuck in place. Made building useless nearly.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:12 pm That won't work here - because it make typing impossible.
If it helps, I am pretty sure there is no typing. The only chat is voice.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Saw this yesterday: Class Action lawsuit in the works over refunds.
-mf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I didn't realize that 'glitch' was an acceptable legal term.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Upcoming patches:
December 4, 2018 Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:
  • Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
  • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
  • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
  • Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
  • Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.
December 11, 2018 The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.
  • PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
  • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
  • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
  • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also "Bulldoze" to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!
Increasing the stash capacity, allowing a SPECIAL respec and "bulldozing" are all things that were on my wish list.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I had my first real one-on-one PvP tonight, fighting for control of the Converted Munitions Factory workshop up in the northern end of the Savage Divide. It was worth the effort to keep control of the factory, since it has both a lead resource spot and a programmable ammunition manufacturing machine. Another good workshop in the same general area is the Red Rocket Mega Stop, because you can mine nuclear waste there.

Enlarge Image

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I spent some time mucking about in one of the launch sites and it's a pain in the ass as a solo sniper. Enough that I am tempted to just call it quits. I'll probably give it another try in power armor after I get my hands on something a bit less stealthy, like say a minigun. I've scrapped the dozens of them I have found so far due to stash space though I think I have a couple thousand 5mm ammo. I'll probably finish out a anti-rad set of power armor too.

If you go into a launch site, be ready with radiation protection and equipment to deal with lots of robots including multiple assaultrons. Even better, bring friends. Don't bother trying until you have the quest for it though. There is no way in until then.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

From what I've read, launching a nuke is intended to be a substantial undertaking (on the order of an hour, not including however long it takes to acquire the keys) for a full team of 4 end-game players. So far, I've only seen about 3 strikes occur while I was playing, and have yet to be close enough to one to see the mushroom cloud. #BucketList

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Not to spoil it for everyone, but since acquiring the keys is busywork, google FO76 launch codes and there are people posting the keys every week. You still have to get a keycard from a cargobot which is annoying and then go through the launch site which is pretty involved. I wasn't very far in when I got stuck (kind of stuck - I was out of liquid refreshment). I really need to move my base to somewhere I can place a large purifier. Now that I am doing less looting in general because I don't really need much other than ballistic fiber, I am picking up a lot less food and water on the go.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:31 am Saw this yesterday: Class Action lawsuit in the works over refunds.
Maybe they should contact Angry Joe
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Brian

Post by Brian »

Yeah, he was not happy with the game.

But then he's been unhappy with plenty of games that I've enjoyed in the past so, while I enjoy his channel and his reviews, I don't always agree with him.

I've played a little bit of 76 but with RDR2 for single player gaming and Strange Brigade for our multiplayer nights, I haven't put more than the minimal effort into FO76 yet.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Normally, I would agree with you, but his video evidence was pretty convincing...not only his own videos, but those of other YouTubers.

Granted, I normally give Bethesda games a WIDE berth before I play them since they usually need some patching love. I probably won't experience any of these issues by the time I play :)
"Some people say never...I just say no"