Warhammer Inquisitor

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Warhammer Inquisitor

Post by GreenGoo »

You have 3 attributes: Warfare, Toughness and Virtue. So far up to level 4 I have not been able to change any of them, but they do seem to have progress meters that are moving. What affects this progress I have no idea. The progress meters have milestones where you get bonuses when you reach them, it appears.

You have 3 perk slots. You start out with a single slot unlocked and a single perk available for that slot. You unlock the slots by leveling up. You unlock perks to put in the slots by accomplishing heroic deeds, which are basically achievements. Kill 300 things are medium range with a ranged weapon. Do 20,000 damage with criticals, etc.

The skill trees are even more esoteric and I'll talk about them later. To start you only have a few trees to assign points to, and as you level you get points to use on the trees. As you climb the tree (they are some weird not-tree, not-circle, hierarchy) you open further bonuses. As Fret mentioned, I believe these are all passive bonuses, at least my first glance didn't see any active skills unlocked. Skills are all part of your gear set by design, so I assume Fret is right and the skill trees are all passive (bonus to melee damage, bonus to crit chance, bonus to crit damage, increased hp, increased suppression resist etc etc). Weirdly, some trees are locked out and appear to be opened when you meet certain achievements, like how you unlock perks. Other trees are unlocked by leveling up.

For example, the movement tree is opened when you reach level 13. Skills here are things like increased movement speed, increased movement speed when using 1handed weapons, successful deflects (I don't know what a deflect is or how to do it) reduce skill cooldowns by 5% etc.

Another tree Physical Attacks is opened when you've killed 50 commander enemies. Skills here are stacking damage, where each attack increases damage by 10%, up to 50%, switching targets resets. Another skill is +10% damage versus bleeding targets.

The game systems are all over the place. It's weird, unintuitive and generally more complicated than needed. At the same time, once you get through the mess, things are interesting. There appear to be so many systems (gear, skills, attributes, even leveling) that affect character performance that keeping track and managing them seems to be a game unto itself. Which is fine, imo. I don't mind unintuitive game systems once I figure them out. The learning curve is as I said, needlessly steep, but the pay off for learning things seems to be "good enough" to keep my interest.

Plus, WH40K. That makes a HUGE difference to me.

edit: Oh, I just noticed, the "achievement" system has what appears to be 115 achievements, which all unlock bonuses of one sort or another. They seem to be organized in 3 categories. Category rewards appear to be: attribute points (warfare, toughness, virtue), Skill trees (unlocks a tree so you can assign skill points) and Perks (for the 3 slots).
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The game includes executions but as a heavy gunner I never saw any sign of it. Perhaps it's a melee range/weapon/class only thing.

I didn't realize at first but it appears that each class has a melee focused subclass. Since most videos focused on the assault crusader I assumed that was the only melee class/subclass. It appears I was wrong.

Hmmm. I wonder how the 3 different classes differentiate melee combat. It could be very cool and different to play a melee psyker versus a melee assassin versus a melee crusader. Or it could be boringly similar. Guess there's only 1 way to find out.

First up, melee psyker.

My Heavy Gunner was Gunter. I think my psyker is going to be named orgalorg.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

You can have 2 weapons at a time. You need to swap weapons to change between the skills those weapons bring to the table. Swapping triggers all cooldowns, so be careful when deciding to swap. My heavy gunner weapons didn't have any cooldowns longer than about 5 seconds. My psyker weapons have some cooldowns that are a minute in length. Just swapping weapons will trigger those cooldowns, and a minute is a very long time in an ARPG, even a slow by design one such as this. The psyker weapons skills seem to alternate between attacks and buffs.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Oddly, the game still goes through all the tutorial aspects and texts with a second character, including all the clues and texts that go with them. The weird part is that it shows that I have already unlocked all the clues from the first mission, which I did with my first character, so it feels like you are only supposed to unlock the story clues once and then that part of the campaign becomes a non-issue for any subsequent characters. Except the game treats each new clue discovery as if it's a brand new event.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, by design, an oversight or what. It just feels..weird. You unlock a clue, click the "new clue" icon and are brought to an interface where all the clues from this mission and more are already unlocked (from the first character). It's not a problem exactly, it just feels off, somehow.

It's a bug. For "reasons" I deleted Orgalorg and recreated him. He now appears to have his own campaign clues that unlock as he moves forward. i.e. he can no longer see the chapter 2 clues I unlocked with Gunter. Why it was broken before I don't know, but it seems to be working as expected now.

The tutorial for cover mentions the fact that some firing angles will be restricted in some cover. I guess that explains my confusion over why I can fire sometimes and sometimes I can't. Not sure it adds anything but confusion to the combat system, but alright.

I had disabled movement with mouse for my gunner so I didn't accidentally run up to an enemy I tried to right-click attack and missed. For melee attacks, I *want* my character to move into range if he's too far away to attack with a right-click. So I turned mouse movement back on. It's nice that I have the choice, I guess. I mean, it is. Not sure why I feel ambivalent about it. I think it's because I don't like the idea of different configurations for different characters.

With that said, I remapped which buttons do which attacks. For my gunner everything was a ranged attack. For my psyker, the first skill is ranged, the second is a self buff, the 3rd is a melee attack and the 4th is a buff. I don't want my right click skill to be a self buff on a 60 second timer, so I had to move things around. If other weapons do things differently, like skill 1 is a buff, skill 2 is an enemy debuff and skill 3 is melee and skill 4 is ranged, I'm gonna be pissed. It's less about muscle memory and more about which buttons "feel" right for attacks and buffs and such. Personal preference, obviously.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Bonus points to the devs. You can esc through any storyline animations/dialogue/text. No need to sit and wait for animations you've seen before (such as your character interacting with cogitator and uncovering story text).

We all expect to be able to escape past cut scenes. In-game animations are often something else. A small thing but nice to see.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Crusaders use "focus" to power their "armor power". My heavy gunner had unguided missiles that are artillery strikes that blow up enemy cover as well as enemies. The armor power had it's own cooldown, so it is gated by focus AND cooldown. The focus is slowly regained over time. Probably other ways too, although I didn't notice, because the missiles have a lengthy cooldown. The focus bar appeared to have enough focus for 2 arty strikes (if not for the cooldown). Focus for my gunner was boring.

Psykers generate warp heat. Essentially use warp powers too much and stuff happens. My melee psyker (Aetherwalker?) has a teleport (this occupies the same gui location as missile artillery for my heavy gunner. It's call "armor skill" in the key binding options) with no apparent cooldown that generates warp heat. Warp heat dissipates over time, and it appears some skills lower heat when used (for example, one power has a -5 warp heat per hit side effect). Managing your warp heat is supposed to be a big part of playing a psyker. As a melee psyker I have other damage types (electric, physical, heat as well as warp heat) available to me and that might make warp heat less troublesome.

Looking at my psyker a bit closer, I see that his attacks reduce warp heat, even the warp based attack (pretty odd) and his buffs all add to his warp heat. The buffs add very little heat and are on long cooldowns, so they aren't a problem by themselves, but if I teleport around a lot and get into the "red" warp heat, every time I use a warp power (except the attack, I guess?) I take damage. So if I teleport or buff myself, I take damage. Also, I think there is a chance for bad warp events. I have only witnessed what appears to be a glowy purple ball that explodes sending ghost wispy heads in 5 different directions. Presumably those heads hurt if they hit you. I assume other warp events can spawn and it's all randomized and/or based on level or something.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The game has combat buffs that appear based on how things are going in combat. Every kill adds a 5% damage bonus that lasts 5 seconds (I'm making up numbers). Timer resets for every new kill. Stack a certain number of kills and you get a separate buff, with visual indicator above your character's head as well as a buff indicator with cooldown timer on the gui at the bottom of the screen. You can get 2 or 3 (max I've seen) different buffs from different things. Usually they appear when combat is heaviest so I haven't had a chance to look at them too closely. It's a cool effect and nice reward for doing well in combat.

Many skills (and maybe buffs?) add a status effect to your target. Electrical weapons have a slow effect to both enemy movement and attack rate. Shotgun has both a knockdown and slow.

Enemy elites have 2 health bars. At a guess I'd say one is their suppression resistance and the other is their actual hp. Or maybe the first bar is their shield? I have no idea how any of it works. I shoot them until they stop moving. Something tells me I'll need to know when things get tougher.

Related to skill status effects, I know the shotgun skills list status effects that are only applicable when the enemy suppression resistance is in the "red" or "yellow" or "gone" or whatever. So you can't knock down an enemy with full suppression resist. I'm piecing this together from bits and pieces of the game.

Chances are there is a tutorial topic that explains suppression. Up until now I have not read any tutorial topic that wasn't a popup from in game context. I.e. when the game wants you to learn about cover, the cover tutorial popup will appear. I think suppression is one such topic that exists, but has yet to "popup" in game. My thought is that the topic is covered, just not brought to your attention. Sort of an in game "rtfm" moment.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Not surprisingly, the psyker has different skill trees unlocked by default than the gunner. It appears that he can unlock the other trees (including the gunner default trees) in the same way the gunner does, by completing achievements (i.e. kill 1 billion horde based critters, kill 25 captains, do 1 billion warp based damage points etc).

It appears that perk and skill tree unlocks are for the account and not per character. Perks I unlocked as a gunner are available to my psyker. Some skill trees are partially unlocked yet my psyker has not done any of the actions needed to unlock those skill trees.

That's fine, I guess. I prefer things to be character (or at least class) specific.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Psyker and Crusader classes have different voice actors, or at least different voices. There are some small nuances to what they say at the same point in the game. That's good.

Loot quality colours diverge for some reason from what has become industry standard.

As far as I can tell, here are the loot quality colours:

yellow (common)
blue (master crafted)
green (rare)
pink? maybe? (artificer)
Some other color that I haven't seen yet. Orange? (Goodest quality).
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Psyker has an auto-pistol weapon as an option. One of its skills is a "fire while advancing" which is the opposite of the Gunner's autogun skill "fire while retreating". A cool skill for a melee class, although a melee class with teleport might find it redundant. Still, it's a neat little skill.

Teleport has a bit of a wind up (less than a second, still noticeable) and it might be interrupted by attacks, I can't tell yet. It's not as responsive as I'd like for a melee caster.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

suppression takes on importance later on and now that I have two characters into the "new" content suppression is a constant worry.

Once you get suppressed you move slower and powers seem to slow down . Get overwhelmed, having nothing left in your suppression bar, and you are frozen and easily knocked down. Attacks dealing suppression really ramp up in later levels and especially in the second major system you unlock by getting to 1100. It has taken some getting used to to say the least.

Psyker skills I love are the ones that ignore cover. Typically the skills on 1,2,3, 4 build warp heat and the LMB power bleeds off built up heat. I wonder how Psykers deal with the ramped up difficulty in the second system- I haven't got a Psyker there yet just an assassin and a crusader (using 2 handed melee weapons). My assassin lives and dies with the power sword and the jumping/charging powers.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yep, here's a short but useful description of the suppression mechanic and status effects icons.

TL;Dr version - suppression is status effect defense.

https://inquisitormartyr.gamepedia.com/Suppression

Suppression ties into the cover mechanic as your suppression bar regens in combat if you're in cover. The bar recovers naturally when out of combat.

Items can have attributes like "recover X suppression per kill" etc.

Weapon skills say they apply X status if target is at y suppression. It is unclear if just being at certain suppression levels will apply status effects to the player automatically or whether enemy abilities have inherent status effects that apply when the player reaches certain suppression levels. A small but important difference imo.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Being able to drag skills around from the 4 default slots would go a long way to solving my uncomfortableness with certain skills being mapped to certain keys. Would save me from having to remap some key bindings, would be faster and more intuitive.

At this point it's a quality of life issue and a small one at that. Still, would be nice.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I got to understand the suppression mechanism I thought fairly well in the first system/chapter whatever it is. In the second system you have to be thinking suppression all the time even against large groups of regulars.

Also interesting how my thoughts on the auxiliary I pick have changed. I don't use grenades at all now, it is shields or digital weapons. Psyker I have stuck with the psychic focus to get that extra ability. What have you found to be useful? I was all grenades for a while in first system.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm not far enough along to have an opinion about the belt gear. Things haven't been hard enough to need either grenades or shields or even cover so far.

I've only seen grenades and shields for that gear slot, so I don't even know about that other thing you mentioned, yet.

If I ever form an opinion I'll let you know.

Watching others play through the first missions, it looks harder for them. I think there is a difficulty setting. I'm going to see if I can crank it up a bit. I'll learn faster if the game punishes me more.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My impression of the Heavy Gunner is that things are far too easy at least initially because nothing can get into melee range.

My impression of the Melee Psyker is that it's a hybrid build and that without some synergies between melee and spell casting, it's just sort of a mix of both with no real advantages and less tools for either melee or ranged. Without specific design decisions made to bring out the best of both worlds, hybrid classes tend to be mediocre at both, and that seems to be the case here.

Going to try full blown caster as a psyker with my next character. Typically a full caster is a glass cannon, so I'll see if that applies here.

I have no idea what kind of Assassin to make, although Jaddison mentions living by his force blade. There are plenty of horde situations were AoE is important, so a sniper Assassin might kill bosses better but then struggle to reach the bosses. I'm just speculating at this point.

Will finish chapter 1 with the Aetherwalker and then decide.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Did you start in Story mode or challenge mode? Story mode is easy. Challenge mode is harder obviously and you can switch to it on any campaign mission by looking for two boxes on the upper right of the mission brief. If you pick challenge you then get to pick difficulty.
Once i found challenge mode I never switched out and even upped difficulty to +50 fairly soon though you can change difficulty before every mission.

You can't pick difficulty of random missions in a system because they have the level there for you to see.

Not sure if you have done a panic room or find X before time runs out but basically you just have to run and not fight to get to the target or room in time......I failed these routinely until I figured that out.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

No I didn't know any of that. I picked storymode because I thought that was how you played the campaign. I'll see if I can figure out challenge mode and/or bumping the challenge of a mission.

I have a couple of psyker questions for you.

At level 2 you gain levitate. I have no idea where this is or how to activate it. It says it lasts until another skill is used. Does that mean it's used for movement and then turns off for combat?

In the skill trees, there is a psychic debuff and psychic combat tree. I have no idea what the skills in these trees do. I have picked Exploit Weakness from the combat tree. The skill reads:
Unlocks the Exploit Weakness (critical hit) psychic mastery
What does it do? Do I have to equip it? I can't see it anywhere in the gui. Is it a passive critical hit bonus? If so, what is the bonus? Other skills in these trees are equally confusing. for example:
Phase Through
Unlocks the Phase Through (Armour Piercing) psychic mastery
Little help?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, I found the storymode/challenge mode option on a per mission basis, and I see you can bump up the difficulty even more with the dropdown menu.

Will experiment with it. Thanks for the help.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

New empyreanist 2 handed psyker has arrived.

All servants of chaos fear Abracadaniel.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Ah I see like me, a curse the devs for so little help, haven't found the psyker/psychic trait thing. On the bridge look around towards the back- directly across from storage and will find the the place that lets you pick the amplifying traits for your psyker abilities- this is huge but they don't tell you about it and is what you are unlocking.

At 15 you get to slot 2 traits per power. These can amplify damage, decrease warp heat......lots of combinations and really let you craft the psyker powers the way you want.

Yes levitate means no tripping traps.....and breaks on power use.

Challenge mode will make it a lot more fun
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I forgot to add- you will also see you can choose your abilities here for psyker not just enhancements. A huge part of the psyker play experience and you basically have to find it out on your own
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Good info, thanks a lot. You only get on the ship after the first chapter and I really haven't spent much time in chapter 2 yet, and none with any psyker characters.

Just fyi, most of the chapter 1 missions are fixed difficulty at 50 and can't be changed. It's basically the tutorial so it's not really a big deal.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ok, I see now that some weapons have a slot, and if I understand correctly you can put a skill in that slot. I also notice that 1 handed weapons may have 4 skills, but only 2 of them are available if you put something in your off hand, like a force blade or something. So you get 2 skills from 1 weapon and 2 from another. Some weapons only have 1 skill and then an empty looking spot, meaning they only add 1 skill and hte other skill comes from...somewhere?

I don't think the empty slot is the same thing as the slot where you put the skill as mentioned by Jaddison above. At least I don't think so. Honestly, it's confusing and messy and the game shows you things that you can't interact with until you're on the bridge of your rogue trader ship, so it's like knowing you have buttons that do stuff, but you have no idea what until later, and even then only when you interact with the correct bridge element. Which is hilarious because I thought I HAD interacted with all the elements on the bridge, but jaddison points out that I missed a very important one.

The whole design is just needlessly messy and confusing. So weird. Like 3 different teams designed all the game systems separately.

I can see what Jaddison was talking about re: grenades/shields/other thing. I can put a book on my belt that appears to have an empty slot. Presumably I can put a skill or specialization/mastery or something in there, at some point.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The weapon sets seem to be designed around range (long/medium) and/or targets (multi-target/AoE vs Single target). So you use 1 set when you're up against hordes of critters and the other set when you're up against lieutenants and bosses.

Ok, I've found the bridge interface for configuring your psyker powers. Holy shit. It's confusing enough that I'm simply going to stop playing for a bit and return to it. I have a vague inkling. Psyker weapons have hard coded skills AND "empty slots" for configurable skills. You can put skills in these slots from the bridge interface (for no good reason you can't do this from the character interface).

And, to make matters more confusing, skills themselves have empty slots, where you put in configurable bonuses to those skills. Like extended DoT time, lower warp heat casting cost, stuff like that.

So your weapons can be configured, and the skills you configure your weapons with can also be configured.

To the best of my knowledge the Heavy Gunner doesn't have any of this configurability. The weapons comes with skills and that's that.

So I think I get psykers now, finally, but now I have to sift through the skills and skill bonuses to see what I like and what I should equip. The psyker configuration is the closest thing to a traditional ARPG build, it seems.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

for Psyker once you get on the ship there is a station where you add enhancements to powers PLUS ahve the ability to slot different powers than the ones you start with. You earn additional powers to slot as you level. For enhancements to slot in powers, you earn some as you level and others come from the psychic powers skill tree or psychic debuff trees

I'll start a cabal which supposedly confers some benefits. I will try fro Octopus Overlords. You find them on the ship over by where you will find the person that can let you swap out innoclulator components once you rescue her. Same place you can go for CO-op play
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

OctopusOverlords created. You get to it from the bar at the bottom not the coop station.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Will join the cabal next play session. Thanks.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I'm not sure if you have noticed but there are extras for clearing a map other than you might get a drop or find a chest. Once the mission is complete you are getting the XP it said you would get at the beginning.
Alos you will get some drops that give extra damage next 5 missions or 1 extra life next 5 missions. Use them because after 40 you can't use them. The only thing like that you can use is the skill reset ones. They don't tell you this...you get to find out when hit 40 and they are x'd out.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Daehawk stop hacking GG's account!
There is no hug button. Sad!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Eh?

This is me when I find a new game and start exploring it. Especially when there hasn't been a huge amount of impressions or details posted. The game is a bit of an enigma and if Jaddison isn't as verbose as some of us, I don't blame him. Most of my writing are basically notes to myself but I put them on the forum in case someone else eventually ends up in the same place I am currently.

If you mean my game hopping lately, then sure, guilty as charged. That said, this game might be enough to keep my attention for awhile.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jaddison wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:47 pm I'm not sure if you have noticed but there are extras for clearing a map other than you might get a drop or find a chest.
Not quite sure what you mean here. So I guess I haven't noticed. Please explain.

Also, how on earth do you have your key bindings set up for the Assassin? Specifically for dodging? I must be missing something because it's nightmarish.

I'm going to try the Sniper because the eradicator seems very similar to the Heavy Gunner and the Infiltrator seems like a full blown melee character and I think I'll save that kind of gameplay for the tanky crusader (that I have yet to make).

I'm not a fan of sniper gameplay in ARPGs because they tend to be slow, but this game is already slow so maybe it will be more fun.

Lady Rainicorn has entered the Martyr.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

For the record, every time I start the game I have to reset all my keybindings. This applies to certain other configurables in the options as well. It's kind of ludicrous that many options and all the keybindings reset to their defaults each time the game is loaded and that this has not been addressed as of yet.

Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to enough people to be a known issue.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Assassins appear to have tails because the hanging crotch cover (I don't know what this is called. Tabbard?) that is 2 feet thick on the male models is only about 6 inches wide on the female model and it flaps around like a tail when she moves. I feel like I'm playing a furry in dominatrix gear.

On the plus side, new voice actor.

Ooohhh, me likey the sniper so far, which is surprising. She hits like an absolute truck which is something I've found missing in the other characters. A number of times I've found myself just using the default attack over and over until the tougher opponents fell down. Here there is less waiting. She also comes with dual pistols which have some interesting skills attached to them. One of which is assault salvo (charge while firing) which isn't much use to the sniper but probably would be pretty good for the melee and gunner versions.

Interesting.

I find her combat much more tactical in nature. I'm using cover instinctually between sniper shots, repositioning for better firing angles, and using her explosive shot to take down enemy cover and do increased suppression damage. Part of that is understanding the game mechanics better after playing for a bit, but somehow she just seems custom made for using cover and playing tactically.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:37 am For the record, every time I start the game I have to reset all my keybindings. This applies to certain other configurables in the options as well. It's kind of ludicrous that many options and all the keybindings reset to their defaults each time the game is loaded and that this has not been addressed as of yet.

Apparently it doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to enough people to be a known issue.
As a lefty, I am plagued with awful ports and non-rebindable WASD/E layouts. Praise Keybus
There is no hug button. Sad!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yep, I immediately thought of 3rd party solutions too, but there isn't that many keybindings and remapping is pretty quick now. That said, my razer mouse allows for custom profiles on a per game basis, I assume my corsair keyboard does the same. Both are technically 3rd party solutions, but at least they are included as part of the peripheral itself. I'll look into it when I'm finally comfortable with the controls.

The Assassin has thrown a monkey wrench in the whole thing since she has separate dodge keys compared to her movement keys. That's right, she has 4 keys for movement and 4 different keys for dodging.

With that said, you can configure her so that she only uses the forward dodge and that dodge is always towards the mouse cursor. That's the only possible option for me as I simply can't handle 4 separate, directional dodge keys. Honestly, who can? Who made that design decision and who did they have in mind when they made it? It's terribad on multiple levels.

Edit: None of that covers the other options you can set that also get changed back to default values when the game is reloaded. For example, you can turn off mouse movement (i.e. clicking with the mouse no longer gives a movement command to your character) and that gets reset each time the game loads.

Map opacity is another option that gets reset every time the game loads, as another small example.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I misread stun mine as stun grenade. Hilarity ensued.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I have never used dodge once for my assassin and picked the perk +10 to dodge but doge moves disabled.

I meant there are No bonuses for clearing a map other than maybe finding a chest or getting drops from elites. The XP is set for mission completion at the beginning of mission
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Jaddison wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:50 am I have never used dodge once for my assassin and picked the perk +10 to dodge but doge moves disabled.

I meant there are No bonuses for clearing a map other than maybe finding a chest or getting drops from elites. The XP is set for mission completion at the beginning of mission
Ah ok, that makes sense. I thought it might be a typo or something.

For some reason I thought you wrote about living and dying by the dodge mechanic (and your power sword) with your assassin, but I can't find it now so I guess I'm mistaken.

With the cover system maybe dodging isn't so important, but being able to move quickly and immediately away from grenades and things like that in a game where movement is intentionally slow and methodical seems like it would be a huge advantage.

I'm trying to get used to the "dodge to cursor" mechanic but I don't like the key I have dodge mapped to (I would normally put it where I've put the cover key, so that's a problem). That said, it's serviceable at the moment. I am finding the AoE attacks from enemies to be pretty wide and then tend to hit me even when I dodge (I'm dodging too late and not far enough, apparently). Lots of these AoE attacks have DoTs making dodging them even more important.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

The dodge mechanic might make a slicey dicey ninja a lot of fun.

I'm going to try the Crusader melee and the Assassin melee next. I figure it'll be the difference between a samurai and a ninja. Or A medieval knight and a ninja. Ninjas are involved somehow, I'm sure of it.

At which point I'll have to figure out what style of play I find the most fun and play that character for awhile.

I am unsure what regens adrenaline. Game text says shooting things does it, but unlike warp heat disapprobation which has listed values on the weapon skills, adrenaline is not referenced in any skill text. It doesn't regen passively, that's for sure.