Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

PC game The Walking Dead The Final Season

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Clem has grown up. Only played and finished the first one. I own some of the other games from them but not played them other than part 1 of Tales From the Badlands which was fun.

E3 trailer 2018

https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk

Scoop20906
Loading…

Re: PC game The Walking Dead The Final Season

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

I still need to play the third one before I can get to this.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

Scoop20906
Loading…

Post by Scoop20906 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Welp. Telltale is shutting down. It was one of my favorite game studios and I played a ton of their games but the ton of bad press has been alarming. I loved the walking dead series and was super excited to see how they finished off Clem's story. Now it is looking like they will not even finish the game after releasing the first and second episodes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... e#comments

Scoop20906
Loading…

Post by Scoop20906 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Oops, they were going to release the 2nd Episode on Tuesday, the 25th. I guess thats not happening now. I have not started the because I usually wait until all the episodes are out so I can power through it. I'm not sure I even want to start it now.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season to be completed by Skybound Games
Following the abrupt layoffs of hundreds of Telltale employees two weeks ago, the company has reached a deal with Skybound Entertainment that will allow The Walking Dead: The Final Season to be completed. Skybound’s founder, Robert Kirkman, is also the original creator of The Walking Dead comics, so it seems a natural enough fit, but questions remain about what this will mean for the original workers.

The game will be taken over by Skybound’s internal game development wing, whose announcement is limited to a Tweet, embedded below, but according to Variety Kirkman also spoke about it at this weekend’s New York Comic Con, telling audiences “we can’t lose…Clementine.”

Per Variety’s article, a Skybound spokesperson also claimed that the company was looking to work with Telltale developers to finish the game, but that no details have been finalised.
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:37 am

Wow. Shots have been fired:
All future episodes of “Telltale’s The Walking Dead” on PC will be published on the Epic Games Store, Skybound Games announced Thursday. People who already bought the season on a different PC platform will still receive the final two episodes through their previous point of purchase.

The third episode of “Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season,” entitled Broken Toys, is set for a Jan. 15 release on Epic’s new online game store. Epic Games Store will also be host to the previous episodes of the season for those who want to buy it as well. The game will hit consoles on Jan. 15 as well.

Scoop20906
Loading…

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 am

I read that to say if you already bought it on steam you will get the final two epidodes still from steam, right?
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:08 am

Yup. Still a bold move.

Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:20 am

So there'll be no DRM-free gog.com's version?

Paingod

Post by Paingod » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 am

Victoria Raverna wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:20 am
So there'll be no DRM-free gog.com's version?
Probably not right away. I can't imagine a developer signing off exclusive rights to their game to a single distribution platform... unless that's the catch for a 12% cut instead of a 30% cut.

I also expect Steam is having executive meetings where they're rambling about "Value Add" and "Exposure" benefits in their services instead of "Cost Reduction" for developers. :roll:
More than ever, now is the time to stand by the causes you believe in; donate and support to keep America great.
Reproductive Rights, Environmental Defense, Civil Liberties, LGBTQ Awareness, Immigration Rights
Currently playing: City of Heroes (Homecoming), Project Zomboid

JetFred
Loading…

Post by JetFred » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:09 am

Apparently the previous season, A New Frontier, is no longer available to purchase on Steam. Great. The other Telltale games are still there. As an obsessive completionist, I'd have paid full price for that and the final season on Steam not to have the series split between that platform and Epic. I'm assuming Epic has A New Frontier. I haven't even looked.
I have but one advocate.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

Ending now, with the PC version only on Epic, unless you were a season pass purchaser on STEAM:
Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Episode 3 releases Jan 15, 2019. Existing Season Pass purchasers will get automatic access to Episodes 3 & 4 on Steam on their release date.