Just in time for the start of the Steam sale! Summer 2018 Steam Sale Discussion

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

JCC

Re: Just in time for the start of the Steam sale! Summer 2018 Steam Sale Discussion

Post by JCC »

I was a relative latecomer to Steam. (You can pry my PC game boxes from my cold dead hands... or once a wedding ring is on one of them.) Per Steam my first purchase was 2008 which seems way too recent, but I get dumber and forget more every year. Anyway, my total was only around $890 - which made me feel... good?

This Summer Sale is the best sale I can remember. Literally every game on my wish list (21 games) is on sale, which I never remember happening before. Surely, I will buy at least... one game... during this sale.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
dbt1949

Re: Just in time for the start of the Steam sale! Summer 2018 Steam Sale Discussion

Post by dbt1949 »

TotalSpend 2018-06-23 00:03:25.187 $3,547.96

I looked thru my wishlist and only ended up with one game. I even turned down a 49 cent game.
I have so many games to play and not many years yet to go I have to slow down.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
naednek

Post by naednek »

i broke down and bought railway empire and the dlc. I received $30 in amazon. I'll use that for our general orders and used the $30 towards the game.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

TotalSpend 2018-06-13 01:27:19.607 $865.57
OldSpend 2018-06-13 01:27:19.607 $408.97

Not as bad as I had feared! But this does not include redeemed keys from other sites right?

Since Nov 2009.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Sepiche wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:41 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm I have one of those powerline adapters, but the data speed on it was always horrible
The quality/age of your wiring can be a big factor. Ours seems to work well enough to handle anything the Link can throw at it, but YMMV.
Its on sale for like a dollar. I ordered ssecond one as i love mine for tv gaminh. My current one is in my game room and hard wired so it works flawlessly. Second one will go upstairs.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

morlac wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 am
Sepiche wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:41 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:34 pm I have one of those powerline adapters, but the data speed on it was always horrible
The quality/age of your wiring can be a big factor. Ours seems to work well enough to handle anything the Link can throw at it, but YMMV.
Its on sale for like a dollar. I ordered ssecond one as i love mine for tv gaminh. My current one is in my game room and hard wired so it works flawlessly. Second one will go upstairs.
I grabbed one. For $10, I figure it's worth a shot.

Not sold on the steam controller though. It just looks kinda wonky...will stick with my Xbox controller instead.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Geez, I'm only at about $1900. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:15 pmI really, really resisted using their wish list function for a long, long time. But now with all the shovelware it's really the only way to keep track of things you might like. Doing the daily queue is also useful (to some degree), but really most of my recommendations come from people talking about stuff here or seeing what others are up to in my activity feed.
I've wishlisted every game that ever piqued my interest, but wasn't intending to buy just yet. Then I let the mood and sales drive me later to get it or not. I've got some games that have been on my wishlist for years, sale after sale, because while I think something about it is cool, I'm just not in the mood and haven't thought I would be.

So it's less a "Wishlist" and more of a "Ideas List"
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Same here , around $1900, From early 2008 till now... i actually thought i spent more, since i mostly buy games on steam. I did few kickstarters, but that's about it.
DD* wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 am Geez, I'm only at about $1900. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I bought Through the Ages & Planet Coaster for $30 combined and took advantage of the $5 off through Paypal.

There are other games on sale on my wishlist but not sure I'd even play them before the Xmas sale...so I'll wait.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I guess this turned out to be the sale thread?

I spent 31 bucks on mostly old stuff to add to my collection with little to no chance of ever playing it.

MoO and MoOII
Baldur's Gate
Planescape: Torment
Lady Hammerlock - Character for Borderlands: The Prequel
Handsome Jack Dopplerganger - Character for Borderlands: The Prequel
ICY: Frostbite Edition (weird little choose your own adventure/survival game)
Vanquish - Not sure. Believe it's a PS3/4 port that looked like a fun 3rd person shooter

I also spent 45 bucks on Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for my son as a graduation present for grade 6.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Purchased some of the things that have been on my backlog for a long time. Mostly stuff that I haven't seen any cheaper and figure probably won't ever be lower (or not for a long time).

Just Cause 3 - $4.49
Valley - $3.99
Mad Max - $4.99
Blue Estate - $3.24
Claptastic Voyage & Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 - $3.29
Dying Light Enhanced Edition ROW - $19.79

~ $40. That's the most I've spent in a long time.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hmmm...Planescape Torment Enhanced for $5 is hard to pass on. I want it on GoG though but never see it that cheap. Im not sure Id ever play it again and it killed my eyes originally and Ive only played it that once. But Ive tried other old games recently I loved and just cant take them now. Maybe that would be the game that would stick.. Then again maybe its too quirky still. I loved it then but found it a strange game.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I picked up the DLC for Project Highrise, which I keep telling myself I'm going to get back into someday.
And I picked up the latest DLC for Crusader Kings II, which I keep telling myself I'm going to get back into someday... wait :doh:
I got PC Building Simulator, still in Early Access and therefore violating my oath to never buy a game until official release, but I'm weak :roll:
I picked up the base game of Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 but decided to pass on the DLC for now. I gave it a look and while there's a lot more to it, I'm still not ready to shell out more than twice the price of the base game for DLC I may never get to.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I think I'm finally going to commit to Fallout 4 tomorrow. Doesn't seem like it's going to drop below $15 anytime soon.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 am As far as the sale, I don't have anything on my wish list that I am dying to play and none of the sales are good enough to really get me to spend money anyway.

I did get the free $5 from PayPal so I feel like I should find something to spend it on.
...and with a few hours remaining I have purchased nothing. I think this may be a first for me. OK, technically I purchased a card but my leftover sale cards paid for that about 30 times over.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I came away with Assassin's Creed Origins, Epic Battle Fantasy 4, and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition.

Still thinking about Conan Exiles and .hack/GU, but I'm not sure I"d actually have time for either, so I'm likely done.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:49 am Still thinking about Conan Exiles and .hack/GU, but I'm not sure I"d actually have time for either, so I'm likely done.
Conan doesn't take up that much time... I'm at 253 hours and I think I might be running out of steam now.... maybe.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

My backlog embiggenment:
  • Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered - CDN$ 10.99
  • War for the Overworld - CDN$ 7.42
  • War for the Overworld Underlord Edition Upgrade - CDN$ 2.47
  • War for the Overworld - Heart of Gold Expansion - CDN$ 3.16
  • War for the Overworld - My Pet Dungeon Expansion - CDN$ 4.74
  • War for the Overworld - The Under Games Expansion - CDN$ 9.31
  • Half-Life 2: Episode One - CDN$ 0.89
  • RAGE - CDN$ 3.24
  • Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition - CDN$ 5.60
  • Halcyon 6: Precursor's Legacy - CDN$ 2.54
  • Agents of Mayhem - Safeword Agent Pack - CDN$ 2.74
  • Agents of Mayhem - Lazarus Agent Pack - CDN$ 2.74
  • Kaiju-A-GoGo - CDN$ 2.87
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kraken wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:36 am I think I'm finally going to commit to Fallout 4 tomorrow. Doesn't seem like it's going to drop below $15 anytime soon.
...And I waited too long. Thought the sale lasted through the 5th, but it's back to full price. Oh well, it will come around again.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

My summer "donation" came to $85.59
Waaay back I used to spend this much every month
on just 2 games

Arx Fatalis
Medieval II: Total War
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Knights of Honor
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Q.U.B.E.
Far Cry 3
Miasmata
Kairo
Dreamfall Chapters
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
SOMA
Shardlight
SLAMMED!
Champion of the Gods
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
Legend of Hand
West of Loathing
The Painscreek Killings
I Fell From Grace
The Mind of Marlo
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.