Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1431. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Assassins Creed Odyssey

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Assassins Creed Odyssey

Post by Smoove_B »

Ok, so this might be the best open-world game I've played that's not The Witcher. And really, the issue is the story - the Witcher blows this game out of the water. But in terms of things to do and places to see? If that's your thing, this game delivers - repeatedly. I think I put around 75 hours in playing the story and hammering out random side quests including the free (?) historical quests they added at some point. I have another ~8 hours now playing the official Legacy DLC. Haven't even touched Atlantis yet.

If Valhalla is 1/2 the game this is, it will be epic.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This game never ends! I finished the Legacy of the First Blade DLC last week and then started on Atlantis. I figured Atlantis would be similar in scope, but it's like a whole new game. I had to do like 5 hours of quests to finish the prologue for Atlantis and get started, and after another 5 hours, I'm still in Chapter 1 (of 3) for this new story line. The amount of stuff in this game is absurd!

coopasonic
Loading…

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:20 pm
This game never ends! I finished the Legacy of the First Blade DLC last week and then started on Atlantis. I figured Atlantis would be similar in scope, but it's like a whole new game. I had to do like 5 hours of quests to finish the prologue for Atlantis and get started, and after another 5 hours, I'm still in Chapter 1 (of 3) for this new story line. The amount of stuff in this game is absurd!
So you are saying my idea of starting NG+ (on Hard) to experience the DLC along side the main quest may not have been well advised? I am very early in the story on the second playthrough and it feels very... familiar so I may not stick with it.
-Coop

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think I'm at 105 hours now on a single play through. I think I finished the base game along with a ton of side quests and distractions (lots of exploring) around the 90 mark. So yeah, the last 15 hours or so has been the DLC. I can't even imagine trying to play this all again, and I'm absolutely doing it on Easy right now. I think I just hit level 60. :D

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Smoove_B wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:20 pm
I played the First Blades DLC and really like it. I then started Atlantis but I could never get into to it. I just didn't find the realm of the gods nor their quests as interesting. I kind of burned out on it and never finished the first area. So my DLC experience is opposite that of most popular opinion. But it was still a great game.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm absolutely burned out, but I know if I don't finish playing the Atlantis DLC right now, I never will. It still might come to that, but on Easy mode it's not frustrating me...yet. I really can't imagine playing Atlantis on Hard or NG+, honestly. The way they crafted the enemies and the powers they have to keep you on your toes was a tactical surprise.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I think I'm done. I'm at 113 hours now and I'm still not finished with the first chapter of the Atlantis story line. There's a new mechanic they just introduced that has me creeping through an area unnoticed and without killing anyone all while carrying something. After spending 110+ hours hacking and slashing my way through everything, suddenly switching to a Splinter Cell style stealth mode isn't what I'm looking for. There's still 2 more full chapters of Atlantis but I just don't think I have the interest anymore to continue. Based on the global achievement listings, I'm not alone.