Squad

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Squad

Post by Octavious »

Figured I'd start a thread on this in hopes of getting some others to try it out. I'm having an absolute blast playing squad. Check out the videos as it gives you a good idea of what you are getting into. It's a mix of Arma and Battlefield. 50 vs 50 with 4-5 squads on each side. Everyone generally works together using the comms and giving orders. It's the most immersive online shooter I've ever played. We just played a round of capture the flag where we wiped a mortar team and took over their base. As we were holding it we could hear two tanks coming towards us and we didn't have any rockets to fight back with so we just hid. Right before they were about to roll in on us two other of our squads rolled in to save the day.

Sooooo much fun. Takes 5-10 rounds before you have any idea what is going on but it's really not all that complicated. And it's great that you can just drop in solo and have a blast. 90% of the time the squad leader is good and it's a ton of fun. The comms system is my fav part. There's the squad chat which communcates with the entire squad. And then there's local comms for people right around you. You could be moving into a position and hear the local comms complaining about the SL that isn't in range and shit like that.

In the one match we took a tunnel and pretty much built a super fort. We didn't do much except build it, but the entire time we were all shooting the shit. HIGHLY recommended. They do a lot of free weekends so if you want to wait for that then be my quest. I think it's well worth the 30 bucks they are asking for. :horse:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
MonkeyFinger

Re: Squad

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Assuming it's this: http://joinsquad.com/
-mf
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:46 am Figured I'd start a thread on this in hopes of getting some others to try it out. I'm having an absolute blast playing squad. Check out the videos as it gives you a good idea of what you are getting into. It's a mix of Arma and Battlefield. 50 vs 50 with 4-5 squads on each side. Everyone generally works together using the comms and giving orders. It's the most immersive online shooter I've ever played. We just played a round of capture the flag where we wiped a mortar team and took over their base. As we were holding it we could hear two tanks coming towards us and we didn't have any rockets to fight back with so we just hid. Right before they were about to roll in on us two other of our squads rolled in to save the day.

Sooooo much fun. Takes 5-10 rounds before you have any idea what is going on but it's really not all that complicated. And it's great that you can just drop in solo and have a blast. 90% of the time the squad leader is good and it's a ton of fun. The comms system is my fav part. There's the squad chat which communcates with the entire squad. And then there's local comms for people right around you. You could be moving into a position and hear the local comms complaining about the SL that isn't in range and shit like that.

In the one match we took a tunnel and pretty much built a super fort. We didn't do much except build it, but the entire time we were all shooting the shit. HIGHLY recommended. They do a lot of free weekends so if you want to wait for that then be my quest. I think it's well worth the 30 bucks they are asking for. :horse:
Sound a lot like Joint Operations. Used to play that in a league back in the day. Really takes it to a new level when you can organize 100 people to play on a regular basis.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 am Assuming it's this: http://joinsquad.com/
Yup
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com