Spacelords is FREE

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Spacelords is FREE

Post by Daehawk »

https://spacelordsthegame.com/

I have no idea what this is but came across it in the news section today. Totally free now.

Also go grab For Honor off Steam as the standard edition is free to keep now if you grab it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Re: Spacelords is FREE

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:37 pm https://spacelordsthegame.com/

I have no idea what this is but came across it in the news section today. Totally free now.

Also go grab For Honor off Steam as the standard edition is free to keep now if you grab it.
So is herpes.

I believe it's the "starter edition" for For Honor and not the standard edition, at least that's how I interpreted it. Someone else can confirm/deny.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:10 pm

I believe it's the "starter edition" for For Honor and not the standard edition, at least that's how I interpreted it. Someone else can confirm/deny.
Confirm. The only difference, though, is that the Starter Edition gives you fewer characters already unlocked to start, and the cost for unlocking is higher (significantly so.) You get everything, but it's best to approach it as a sort of extended demo to decide if you like the game. I read up on it last night, and that's exactly what I plan to do. If it isn't to my liking, nothing lost.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:14 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Confirm. The only difference, though, is that the Starter Edition gives you fewer characters already unlocked to start, and the cost for unlocking is higher (significantly so.) You get everything, but it's best to approach it as a sort of extended demo to decide if you like the game. I read up on it last night, and that's exactly what I plan to do. If it isn't to my liking, nothing lost.
My son owns some version of it (no idea which) and has been playing it a lot lately. It's very good looking and interesting to watch. In the past I had read about it's short comings and that turned me off, but watching it being played is very entertaining.

Good to know what the starter edition entails. Are fewer characters to start and longer unlocks worth saving 20 bucks (the price of standard edition)? For me the answer is an easy yes.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Spacelords webpage art gives off an Overwatch/Battleborn vibe. That's as far as I got. No herpes was involved.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Formerly known as Raiders of the Broken Planet.
-mf
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Good to know what the starter edition entails. Are fewer characters to start and longer unlocks worth saving 20 bucks (the price of standard edition)? For me the answer is an easy yes.
For me, too. Unless I like it and want to keep playing. The difference in unlocks is 500 vs 8,000.
naednek

Post by naednek »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm Spacelords webpage art gives off an Overwatch/Battleborn vibe. That's as far as I got. No herpes was involved.
maybe you got space herpes and didn't know it.... Keep alert!
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Played a round. its all I could stand. I was praying it would be over quicker than it was :) I promptly deleted it. Not for me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:25 pm Played a round. its all I could stand. I was praying it would be over quicker than it was :) I promptly deleted it. Not for me.
Of which?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:59 pm
Daehawk wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:25 pm Played a round. its all I could stand. I was praying it would be over quicker than it was :) I promptly deleted it. Not for me.
Of which?
Sorry, Spacelords.

For Honor seems ok.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

The redheaded guy to the right on the homepage is the reason I'll never play a game like this.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton