Dragon Quest 11

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: Dragon Quest 11

Post by YellowKing »

Skinypupy wrote:- Not too crazy about the whole "Pep" mechanic. If there were some sort of gauge that tells me how close each character was to triggering Pep status, then maybe it could be used strategically. As is, it feels frustratingly random. For example, I've got two quests which ask me to use a skill that requires three separate characters to be in Pep status at the same time. It's been hours now, and that has yet to happen.
I know those two quests and finished both of them. I think one major factor in getting pepped is taking damage. So what I did was went out and fought the biggest group of enemies I could find, then just Defended the whole time and let them beat up on me until I got the right characters pepped.

It's still a major chore and random as hell, but it at least ups your odds. I probably spent less than half an hour on the harder of the two (which requires three prepped characters).

As I've hit the 10 hour mark myself, I definitely agree with some of your criticisms. The soundtrack in particular is really annoying, which is a shame given the excellence of everything else.

I don't mind the linear progression, but I've been playing in short bursts to avoid fatigue. This isn't a game I can see myself marathoning. A half hour or hour a night is plenty.