COD Black Ops 4 Impressions

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

UsulofDoom

COD Black Ops 4 Impressions

Post by UsulofDoom »

Anyone playing? Since it's multiplayer only, are you playing with console players too? Do pc players only play against other pc players?
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Blackhawk

Re: COD Black Ops 4 Impressions

Post by Blackhawk »

They finally ditched the campaign? That's a shame. It was the only thing that ever really appealed to me in the CoD titles. I always found the multiplayer too unstructured, and the community too toxic.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Players are matched up only against players on the same console. I'm enjoying it (XB1) quite a bit after not having played a CoD in a long while, but it may be a bit too twitchy/fast paced for me. More often than not it feels like I'm dying because my opponent has a lower ping rather than because I was outplayed.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I haven't played it much yet. For me so far it's really only fun in short bursts. It's too frantic for me to play hours on end. With PUBG I could play unhealthy amounts of time because the pacing is pretty slow. I think they have sold a boatload of copies so I wouldn't expect to ever see a single player campaign again.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm They finally ditched the campaign? That's a shame.
Press F to Pay Respects
Maybe next year, maybe no go
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:51 pm I haven't played it much yet. For me so far it's really only fun in short bursts. It's too frantic for me to play hours on end. With PUBG I could play unhealthy amounts of time because the pacing is pretty slow. I think they have sold a boatload of copies so I wouldn't expect to ever see a single player campaign again.
Well, no more COD for me then.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

FWIW:

"[Today], we're releasing a substantial update to #BlackOps4 with a host of improvements, fixes, and additions across all modes, including new stability fixes for Zombies. We’ll also kick off our first 2XP Weekend, along with 2XP Nebulium Plasma in Zombies! More details soon."
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:51 pm I wouldn't expect to ever see a single player campaign again.
And if it is successful, I'd expect to see Battlefield follow. We're in an FPS drought.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Let me clarify: For people who enjoy single player games, we're in an FPS drought.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 am Let me clarify: For people who enjoy single player games, we're in an FPS drought.
Huh. I guess it helps that I'm open to 3rd person games in addition to 1st person, but I've been thinking this year has been fantastic for quality single player games.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

wonderpug wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:35 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 am Let me clarify: For people who enjoy single player games, we're in an FPS drought.
Huh. I guess it helps that I'm open to 3rd person games in addition to 1st person, but I've been thinking this year has been fantastic for quality single player games.
I am, too. I play a lot of third person games. They're completely different experiences for me, though. Kind of like the difference between RPGs and strategy game. While there is often some overlap (see Baldur's Gate/Jagged Alliance), they're distinct.