Any modern games similar to NWN?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

I know there is an enhanced edition recently, but it looks fairly dated.

My brother is coming over this weekend for a bunch of gaming and our standby more than a decade ago was Neverwinter Nights. We played through so many modules and had a blast. Now we both have kids and will have at least six computers that have decent graphics cards in a LAN.

Any suggestions for a multiplayer coop rpg? Or should we just use the NWN enhanced edition?
GreenGoo

Re: Any modern games similar to NWN?

Post by GreenGoo »

Wow, that's a somewhat unique setup and request. I don't have an answer for you but I look forward to any suggestions from the board.

Hopefully they have some interesting ideas for you.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Huh, I've played a lot of coop PC games, both online and LAN, and I'm having trouble coming up with anything more modern that is comparable to the way NWN played.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Divinity Original Sin 2 is big fun multiplayer, but it isn’t in the exact same vein.

[edit] - and I feel it isn’t six players.
dobberhd

Post by dobberhd »

Thanks for the responses. For now, we've settled on Ark. Not necessarily role-playing, but fun nonetheless.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

dobberhd wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:51 pm Any suggestions for a multiplayer coop rpg?
IF you're looking for serious bonding, try some mutually assured survival in 7 Days to Die.
The recent update has new skill trees, perks, and quests.
Here is a video how to setup 7D2D for LAN play.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

dobberhd wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 pm Thanks for the responses. For now, we've settled on Ark. Not necessarily role-playing, but fun nonetheless.
Conan Exiles might be worth a look.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch