Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lordnine

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2

Post by Lordnine »

So this has risen to become my most anticipated game of the year. The campaign trailer was released a couple days ago and is everything I want from a 40k game.

• 12 factions from the original tabletop game (the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Adeptus Mechanicus, Necrons, Chaos, Aeldari Corsairs, Aeldari Craftworld, Drukhari, the T’au Merchant and Protector Fleets, Orks, and finally, the Tyranids.)
  • Three dynamic solo campaigns (Tyranids, Necrons and Imperium).
  • Co-op compatible for all three campaigns.
  • Online ranked multiplayer.
Anyone else looking forward to this one?
Freyland

Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2

Post by Freyland »

Having never played the first one, despite owning it forever, I'm reluctant to invest.

Knowing how they reportedly never addressed all the issues from the first one, and seeing how complicated this one is, I will definitely wait awhile to bite.

But if they pull it all off, whoo-boy....
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I will be watching this with interest, but probably not a day one purchase.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Played during the free weekend, and it definitely scratches my "17-19th century + torpedoes and aircraft naval style combat in space" itch. Let's be honest, that's basically what it is. "Crossing the T" works great as a tactic. They don't really do a good job explaining some of the campaign-level mechanics, but I figured them out, so it's ok. It's basically the same thing as the first one, with some balance adjustments, and the capability for bigger fleets.

Also, it appears to have coop campaign play, which is the best kind of campaign play. Anybody up for some space battles?
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Last time I played this was apparently two and a half years ago.

So now I'm taking another crack at it. It's fun. I was even willing to try to leave the space elves alone - it was super inconvenient and they had control over some pretty good systems that I wanted, but they and I were buddy pals in the last game. But then they started trying to awaken some elder god of theirs, and you know what, I can't have that. So, off with their pointy-eared heads.

I remember the first time I played through this I had trouble generating enough income to requisition the fleets I needed to keep the tyranids and chaos guys and necrons off my back. Now I'm making like 1000 terabucks per turn and literally can't spend it all. At this point, what I think I'm going to do is bee-line for the end-game victory conditions rather than try to take over the entire super-sector or whatever they call it.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I got both of these a while back. Still on my wait list.......about 300 strong.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949