Steam related issues

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Carpet_pissr

Steam related issues

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Not sure if we already have a generic Steam thread, but here are some expected upgrades for Steam in 2019, according to Kotaku.com:

As for what’s ahead, Valve outlined eight changes that it plans to ship this year. Those include:

improved store discoverability including a new algorithmic recommendation engine and new broadcasting and curating features
a reworked Steam library based on tech that underlies the new version of Steam chat,
the launch of Steam China,
a new events system
Steam TV support for all games
a new Steam chat mobile app
an expanded Steam Trust system for determining whether or not players are cheaters
an official Steam PC cafe program.
dbt1949

Re: Steam related issues

Post by dbt1949 »

In other words if Steam is working fine for me now they're going to screw it up.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Doesn't seem as if they are making changes to the client.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Proton has me most excited.

https://www.protondb.com/

i think i finally have a roadmap to no longer having to rely on Windows for PC gaming.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Right now I don't like the event reminders. It pops over everything, including the games.

With that said, Steam China is overdue, but it's basically something for the Chinese censors to play with.

OTOH, some of the stuff China comes up with is pretty impressive. "Bright Memory" is pretty darn impressive for what's basically a playable tech demo, and it was supposedly done by a single guy. It feels like a combination of Tomb Raider and Bobba Fett (fly around with a jetpack and still shoot people) and Force Unleashed and it's not a bad mix.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds