When Ski Lifts Go Wrong - A Skiing Themed Construction Puzzle Game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

When Ski Lifts Go Wrong - A Skiing Themed Construction Puzzle Game

Post by jztemple2 »

Leaving Early Access on Steam today, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong has this description:
Ride into a fun skiing themed construction puzzle game; packed full of creative physics-based challenges, sports and bloody disasters! Build chairlifts, gondolas, bridges and jumps to guide your riders away from (or towards if you feel like it) peril!
Note that the game is on sale on Steam for 15% off till January 30th, but is on sale right now on Green Man Gaming for 30% off.

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Re: When Ski Lifts Go Wrong - A Skiing Themed Construction Puzzle Game

Post by jztemple2 »

More from the Green Man Gaming page:
A skiing themed constructions game packed full of creative challenges and hilarious disasters. Build Chairlifts, Gondolas, and Jumps then guide your skiers and snowmobile drivers across 70+ hazardous levels.

Original Physics Puzzles
Construct ski lifts, jumps and bridges from a range of materials to transport your passengers through each level. Master the rope physics and the stresses and strains it will put on your constructions. Cutting corners along the way will compromise the safety and comfort of your passengers. When design alone isn't enough, turn to your skiing skills to get that extra nudge towards your destination.

More than 50 levels
Travel the world's mountains; start in the rolling foothills and journey up to the jagged and exposed peaks. Puzzle over carefully designed scenarios to help skiers reach their destination in a variety of mountain backdrops. Build increasingly impressive structures as you progress through the varied campaign, but keep an eye on your budget!

Sandbox
Create your own puzzles in the easy-to-use level builder where only your imagination is the limit. Customise the puzzle with the slope editor, then bring it to life with the procedural mountain generation tool and your choice of scenery and settings. Combine chairlifts and gondolas in a single level to reach the highest peaks, or construct the terrain park of your dreams to practice your skiing tricks.

Share levels and replays
Share your proudest and most audacious replays with the community. The inbuilt gif and mp4 exporter makes it easy to share your replays and creations online. Or take to Steam Workshop to test your engineering skills against the rest of the community.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I picked this up via a 30% discount over on Green Man Gaming. In its essence it's like Poly Bridge, but here you also control your little people on skis, snowboards, snowmobiles, bikes, motorbikes... I think that's the list. Some puzzles, like the one shown below, require you to build a simple chairlift that will allow your rider to collect a medal floating in the air and also arrive alive, not always easy.

In this one, you control your snowboarder so as to pick up speed, crouch under that black and yellow barrier (note the blood where I didn't duck enough before :doh:) then jump enough to clear the snowmobile. Out of camera to the right you also have to clear a tree as well. So on some maps there's no building at all, while on others it's a combination.

You build ski lifts, gondolas, and those things that you hold to be dragged along. That last one is tricky because your little guy can't be lifted off the ground so if it does try to do that, he lets go and you lose.

So there's the given levels plus an editor and downloadable levels from other folks. I gave up on Poly Bridge because it began to feel too repetitive, but this looks to have some variety.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

tow ropes