Tom Clancy's The Division 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

naednek

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Post by naednek »

Has anyone experience any issues when launching the game. I bought it yesterday and have a new PC (minus the 970 GTX video card) and I get a black screen. I can hear the logo sounds and the menu, but can't see any picture.

People suggest to turn off any overlays, such as MSI afterburner which I did and others, and I still can't see anything. I have a case open with ubisoft, but I'm getting the typical response.

I'm also trying to find out what their return policy is at ubisoft store cuz I'm ready to get a refund.

What sucks is that the beta worked fine on my old machine with the same card...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

No issues here. Sorry to hear it's not working for you!
naednek

Post by naednek »

seems to be related to my display port. I unplugged that i swapped it for hdmi and that worked. Weird. Mad that I wasted 1.5 hours in troubleshooting. That's what I do at work, I don't get paid for doing it at home :P
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

That's odd - my gaming monitor is using DisplayPort with no problems. Anyway, I'm glad you got it working!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
raydude

Post by raydude »

Don't know if people are still playing this. My two friends at work got me through world tier 1-5 over the course of the last three weeks and I'm having a blast (LITERALLY!) playing with the Demolitionist specialty. I've got gear that gives me 20% more explosion damage, maxed out my grenade launcher damage, and am happy squishing elites left and right with my grenades.

Every so often I'm amazed by the work they've put in to the NPCs as well. I died taking a control point and a friendly NPC came up to me and started healing me. Sometimes I see NPC factions fighting each other and I just wait to see who's getting the upper hand before joining in. Unless it's Black Tusk, then I circle around and gank those guys from behind. I hate those guys.

Then there are the times I feel like I'm in the Alamo making my last stand. Usually it's when we are defending a control point that just happened to have Enemy supply convoys spawning right next to it.

Right now I'm just doing the Projects and Bounties, looking for gear that I can recalibrate to fit my playstyle: more explosion damage, higher crit chances, and more crit damage.
morlac

Post by morlac »

I am just now starting this due to the Uplay Pass thing. I am digging it as much as the first one, which is a lot.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I put a bunch of hours into it and then they changed how everything works. I don't have the heart to go back and figure out the changes and re-outfit my character. I also don't have any interest in the raid so there's just not much else to do.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I just wandered to other things. When it came out, I was simultaneously trucking along in the original title because I wanted to see the end of that story/chapter. But I'll gladly head back to it sometime, probably the next gaming lull. I really enjoyed both titles.

I also found Borderlands 2 to be easier when I went back to that after playing the Division. I'm sure it was just a perception kind of thing, but it sure was fun sniping with "newfound" accuracy.
Jag

Post by Jag »

morlac wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 am I am just now starting this due to the Uplay Pass thing. I am digging it as much as the first one, which is a lot.
I did the Uplay pass and played from 1-30. Just finished yesterday. Fun game and it looked great on my upgraded PC. Don't plan on playing the post 30 content, but it was very enjoyable as a free single player game :D
morlac

Post by morlac »

Jag wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 pm
morlac wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 am I am just now starting this due to the Uplay Pass thing. I am digging it as much as the first one, which is a lot.
I did the Uplay pass and played from 1-30. Just finished yesterday. Fun game and it looked great on my upgraded PC. Don't plan on playing the post 30 content, but it was very enjoyable as a free single player game :D
That was totally my plan! I even made it to level 6. Then I decided to "check out" Far Cry 5 real quick for some reason. I'll get back to Div 2 soon ;)
Jag

Post by Jag »

morlac wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:22 pm
Jag wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 pm
That was totally my plan! I even made it to level 6. Then I decided to "check out" Far Cry 5 real quick for some reason. I'll get back to Div 2 soon ;)
Far Cry 5 was like crack to me. Luckily it's a pretty quick game if you play through the story.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well fired up my $5 copy of the game and went to DC. Took 20 steps and fell through the world. Fell a while then landed on my feet in nowhere space and simply bounced as if I was landing over and over. Couldn't even toss a nade to kill myself. I simply quit out. Ill try again tomorrow. But if Im stuck there Im not bothering to try again. Also even after a good tweaking its choppy in spots. It seems perfect as I run then its stuttery choppy then clear then stuttery. All the time. Its like its loading stuff as I run and screwing my game up.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I fell through the damn world again! It was right as I was exiting that first main mission to rescue the girl. So annoying. And Im lagging SOOO much. But not all the time. I run smoth a few sec then jerky around in lag then run fine a bit then jerk around in lag like stutters. All the time. Thats probably helping cause me to fall through the maps. Wish they'd optimize the game. Only so much I can do on my end. I dont find it playable or enjoyable like this.

Shoot a guy turn shoot a guy turn lagggggg chop chop miss miss hit misss lagggg chop ok again shoot gun move on...lame.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This isn't typically my type of game, at all. However, I figured $5 was worth a digital tour of post-apocalyptic DC, so...what the hell. I should have figured that the combination of Epic Store + Uplay = complete and total clusterfuck.

Download game and try to launch. Epic store says I need to re-verify my e-mail address for some reason. After waiting nearly 30 minutes for the verification e-mail to arrive, I do so.

I then have to link the Epic store to my Uplay account (that I haven't used in months) in order to access it there. Couldn't remember my password, so I did a reset link. After waiting another 15 mins for that e-mail to show up, I'm finally able to launch the game. It asks me if I want to patch to the newest version (which I did), and it starts the entire 56GB download all over again.

That finishes, and I'm finally ready to launch the game. Click "launch" through Epic store and see the Division 2 banner, then...nothing. Open task manager, and there's nothing running. Weird. Try launching it again, get the banner, and nothing. The game simply crashes out before anything even loads. Interestingly, the Epic Game Launcher lists the game as "running", even though it's not doing anything at all.

This is turning out to be $5 very poorly spent. :grund:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hmm, I played this a lot through the Uplay client and didn't have any issues. I wonder if there is something wrong with the Epic-Uplay handshake.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Turns out it doesn't play nice with Sophos home without fiddling with a ton of settings. I did those changes and got it to load once, but then it CTD'd after installing the patch data. Now it won't start up again.

Not thinking the hour+ I've now spent trying to get this thing to run is worth the very mild interest I had in the first place.

Interestingly, this is now the second time today I've had an issue with Sophos borking something up. I thought getting free anti-virus through work would be good...now I'm rethinking that option.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:33 pm Turns out it doesn't play nice with Sophos home without fiddling with a ton of settings. I did those changes and got it to load once, but then it CTD'd after installing the patch data. Now it won't start up again.

Not thinking the hour+ I've now spent trying to get this thing to run is worth the very mild interest I had in the first place.

Interestingly, this is now the second time today I've had an issue with Sophos borking something up. I thought getting free anti-virus through work would be good...now I'm rethinking that option.
Can you just try disabling your AV completely for a while and reboot them try again? Just to see how it works.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Punisher wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:26 am
Skinypupy wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:33 pm Turns out it doesn't play nice with Sophos home without fiddling with a ton of settings. I did those changes and got it to load once, but then it CTD'd after installing the patch data. Now it won't start up again.

Can you just try disabling your AV completely for a while and reboot them try again? Just to see how it works.
Took a bit more fiddling, but shutting it off (mostly) worked.

I'm too annoyed to bother actually playing tonight, will give it a shot sometime over the weekend.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thank you for testing Sophos for us so none of us make the same mistake.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I started playing this again last week after shelving it for a year or so. Finally got through the main story line and started the end game. I'm up to World Tier 2 and having a great time. I'll probably unlock WT3 tonight.

I found a set of kneepads that grant +50% skill duration. Using those with the turret and armor-healing drone almost feels like cheating.

Almost. :mrgreen:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just loaded it up thinking it would load me in to right after the mission I completed. It did not. Its as if the mission never happened. So I quit. It also reports it as crashed on exit..its done that every time Ive exited the game crash or not. So DELETED. May try again in a few years. By then it wont matter as no one will be playing to group with. As if many play it now. Im betting from just how bad the game is made not many play it and it will be the end of the series.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Quick google search seems to show that sales were generally disappointing. I enjoyed both the first game and the sequel. Never had much trouble with it technically. Just drifted away to newer shiny games. Might go back to it soon and try to get through some more of the story. Don't care too much about endgame.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:28 am Thank you for testing Sophos for us so none of us make the same mistake.
Yes, thank you ;)

I'm pretty much just standard MS antivirus on my machines now a days. I do add Malwarebytes to my Daughters though because she is not internet savvy like me. She is learning though! I good ole' OS wipe builds character!
morlac

Post by morlac »

Baroquen wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:06 am Quick google search seems to show that sales were generally disappointing. I enjoyed both the first game and the sequel. Never had much trouble with it technically. Just drifted away to newer shiny games. Might go back to it soon and try to get through some more of the story. Don't care too much about endgame.
It's marked down less than $15 pretty much everywhere this holiday season. I paid $5 for it on Epic but haven't played it yet, though I did play previously on the free Uplay thing. I suspect there has been a decent uptick in players because of the discount which might lead to some DLC? I really liked the first one but it did not have to compete with a new Borderlands.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Baroquen wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:06 am Quick google search seems to show that sales were generally disappointing. I enjoyed both the first game and the sequel. Never had much trouble with it technically. Just drifted away to newer shiny games. Might go back to it soon and try to get through some more of the story. Don't care too much about endgame.
I thought it was fine. I put about 45 hours into it and got to phase 3, I think. It was fun, but I had a dedicated group I played with.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

This is like 3 bucks in the Microsoft store right now. Couldn't pass that up at all.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Aaaaand I bought the Xbox version, sigh.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Me too. I figured you knew that, and I was the only chump. At least now I know to filter for PC.

I did submit for a refund, so we'll see.

Still, disappointed.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think I paid $5 during the holidays . I cant play and enjoy it. Its just too stuttery. Take a few steps and it stutters and pauses and then goes on a bit then again choppy mess. Just cant do it.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

So, it's time to try and tie up some of those loose ends The Division left hanging in New York.

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And the free prologue for Warlords of New York unlocks tomorrow (Feb 12) for season pass holders, Feb 19 for everyone else. Well, I'm glad I didn't cancel my Uplay+ subscription :D... no, wait, I bought TD2 and its season pass already :doh:

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

From Kokatu: Ubisoft Reveals A Surprise Division 2 Expansion 'Warlords of New York' That Is Designed To Revive The Game
The makers of The Division 2 have waited until nearly the last possible moment to give their frustrated player base a heap of potentially good news. After spending weeks failing to announce a release date for an expected small extension to the game, they’re revealing today that that mini-expansion—a free, two-mission excursion to Brooklyn’s Coney Island—is but a prelude to much more content, which is all coming out less than three weeks later.

“It’s true, it can create some frustration,” the game’s associate creative director, Yannick Banchereau, said in a phone interview with Kotaku last week. “But we also know by experience that this is the kind of thing that, once we are at the end of the line and players know what this is all about—why it’s been going that way—they will, you know, focus on the exciting and the positive.”

On February 12, Division 2 players who bought the game’s year-one pass will be able to play through the two Coney Island missions. All other players will be able to access them on February 19.

On March 3, the large, $30 “Warlords of New York” expansion will move the action to downtown Manhattan in a map set across four zones (compared to the base game’s 11), from Wall Street to Chinatown, as players hunt for Aaron Keener, the rogue agent antagonist of the original Division game.
And the article has more, but above is the gist of it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It would be ok if it actuallt ran right for me. I guess my system is out of date for it. Though no other game stutters like it.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:24 pm I think I paid $5 during the holidays . I cant play and enjoy it. Its just too stuttery. Take a few steps and it stutters and pauses and then goes on a bit then again choppy mess. Just cant do it.
It's $2.99 for the PS4
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

No thanks. I got Red Dead 2 for PS4 and played it a bit and quit. For some reason I dont like it on PS4. I wish Id waited and got it on PC. Id be playing it now.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

It took me about an hour or so to get back into the swing of things with the game, having previously put in just over 60 hours. According to the game it has been 298 days since I last played :roll:.

I got a cortisone shot for my arthritis in my right thumb yesterday after spending a month dealing with pain and numbness, but it feels much better after playing almost two hours with a controller. Probably if I had been playing regularly the arthritis wouldn't even had shown up!
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

So... how viable is this as a single player game? I have zero interest in any multi but $3? Hmmm... worst case it ends up in the archives like the first one did. :?
-mf
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 am So... how viable is this as a single player game? I have zero interest in any multi but $3? Hmmm... worst case it ends up in the archives like the first one did. :?
From all I've read, pretty viable.
I'm like you and I'm going to get it for sp only.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stimpy wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:20 am
MonkeyFinger wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 am So... how viable is this as a single player game? I have zero interest in any multi but $3? Hmmm... worst case it ends up in the archives like the first one did. :?
From all I've read, pretty viable.
I'm like you and I'm going to get it for sp only.
I played it primarily SP and had a lot of fun with it. I made it to the end game and even kept playing there for a while. From my recollection, there is one part that might kick your ass repeatedly as a solo player, but it is optional and you can PUG if you want. Actually with all the changes to the game since I last seriously played there may have been changes to make that content more solo friendly as well. I would be more specific but I can't remember what they are called.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter