Tom Clancy's The Division 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Post by Max Peck »

I'm currently tootling around in the streets at WT2.

You may be wondering, "Why the red gear?" Well, that's so bad guys can't see me bleed.
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

I'm (for now) officially over my difficulty hump and I (still) really like the game. I'm slow to level (I'm 35hrs in and Lvl 13) but I really enjoy the ride. I'm actually able to rely to around 80% of the time on my Rifle (very recently switched to a blue Mk17 that deals around 1.4k damage, supported by a (green) M60 for close up). For the missions, I'm now (later into the mission) switching to a gear setup that gives me +30% damage to Elites (and some more protection from Elites) and that works really well. The repair drone certainly makes a big difference and the turret is still a very good friend. I'm now much more tactical when I fight, make sure I know where to go back to if things get complicated and only start the fight once I'm in the best position I can find. I actively cover certain attack vectors with the turret but position myself away from the turret.
When I'm roaming the streets, I exchange the rifle with a M700 Marksman rifle and a gear setup that gives me maximum headshot damage. I think the marksman rifle deals around 2.5k damage. And yes, the M60 is on hand once the rushing starts.

As jztemple2 wrote, I mainly like to stroll around and see what happens. I did two more missions yesterday (the apartment complex side mission in the theater district and the American History museum mission) and while I enjoyed both of them, it was almost more fun to walk from the museum back to the white house to cash in the new skill points (haven't decided what I'll unlock after the turret and the drone).

I also spend more time walking along the buildings and marvel at the details, it's pretty amazing what they created. It would be nice if I would know DC better to see how much I could recognize, though.

I still have not teamed up with anyone, will probably try this soon. If anyone here plays this on the PS4 and would be interested in some coop, let me know (I'm ChuckB08 on Playstation).

I noticed that visually, I don't fit into the OO crowd at all ...

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Patience gear talent is my new best friend. It allows your armor to repair over time while you're in cover. It works well enough that I often get through combat encounters without needing to tap my healing skill or use repair kits.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Ran into my first frustrating mission last night - the story mission at NASA headquarters.

It took way too long and I couldn't beat the boss at the end before I gave in frustration. Since it's a story mission it won't level with me so I'm going to level up a few times and come back. I'm considering using matchmaking to run it with a rando - that might make the final boss a little easier.

It'll at least give him something else to lob grenades at. :mrgreen:
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Exodor wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:59 pm Ran into my first frustrating mission last night - the story mission at NASA headquarters.

It took way too long and I couldn't beat the boss at the end before I gave in frustration. Since it's a story mission it won't level with me so I'm going to level up a few times and come back. I'm considering using matchmaking to run it with a rando - that might make the final boss a little easier.

Since I had a similar problem with one of the story missions (for me it was the Viewpoint Museum one), I read around a bit and apparently, the story missions also scale with the players to a certain extent - apparently, they difficulty/enemy level with never be lower than 2 levels below your current level. I finished the Viewpoint Museum a couple of days ago and think I was three levels above the mission level and it was still tough in certain places.

I have not done in coop in TD2 but in TD1, teaming up did not always solve the difficulty issue, since the missions would scale up to the level of the (highest level) player and the size of the group you would be in
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Exodor wrote:Ran into my first frustrating mission last night - the story mission at NASA headquarters.
That's the same one I got stuck on. I've had plenty that i've had to retry a couple of times to complete, but that was the first one I gave up on completely.
raydude

Post by raydude »

ChuckB wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:49 pm
Exodor wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:59 pm Ran into my first frustrating mission last night - the story mission at NASA headquarters.

Since I had a similar problem with one of the story missions (for me it was the Viewpoint Museum one), I read around a bit and apparently, the story missions also scale with the players to a certain extent - apparently, they difficulty/enemy level with never be lower than 2 levels below your current level. I finished the Viewpoint Museum a couple of days ago and think I was three levels above the mission level and it was still tough in certain places.

I have not done in coop in TD2 but in TD1, teaming up did not always solve the difficulty issue, since the missions would scale up to the level of the (highest level) player and the size of the group you would be in
I got through the Viewpoint Museum by responding to someone else's call for backup. Turns out he was on his way to starting that mission and I went along. Another dude joined us, so there we were..our three person team. The scaling up was not too bad. We kept eyes on our flanks and were able to watch each others backs.

Where I believe teaming up helped A LOT was on the final level:
Spoiler:
You had to find and destroy 3 EMP generators and defend the antenna. I could not find the freekin generators to save my life. There was too much crap on the screen when I tried following the generator icons I could not see anything like the EMP generators from the TD1 underground missions. Luckily my teammates could find them and destroy them. So I let them do that while I distracted and killed the enemy.

So I would say having more teammates helps in terms of more eyes and brains being able to solve any possible "puzzles" on the last step of a mission.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

raydude wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:22 am
ChuckB wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:49 pm

I got through the Viewpoint Museum by responding to someone else's call for backup. Turns out he was on his way to starting that mission and I went along. Another dude joined us, so there we were..our three person team. The scaling up was not too bad. We kept eyes on our flanks and were able to watch each others backs.

Where I believe teaming up helped A LOT was on the final level:
Spoiler:
You had to find and destroy 3 EMP generators and defend the antenna. I could not find the freekin generators to save my life. There was too much crap on the screen when I tried following the generator icons I could not see anything like the EMP generators from the TD1 underground missions. Luckily my teammates could find them and destroy them. So I let them do that while I distracted and killed the enemy.

So I would say having more teammates helps in terms of more eyes and brains being able to solve any possible "puzzles" on the last step of a mission.
Yes, you are right, the biggest advantage of teaming up is that more people can cover more attack vectors. The bad guys are really good at flanking you and I never got killed by anything that was in front of me at medium to short range, it was always one (or two) guys that got behind me and/or melee attacked me. Of course, if you don't have a good team, things can get even more confusing sometimes but it certainly helps (not even talking about revives). Again, I basically use my turret like a (static) teammate but it certainly has its limitations

The final level of that mission was indeed painful. I failed it once and was close to rage quitting the game (which I normally don't do). I made it on the second attempt but in between, I was aimlessly running around, "spraying and praying", even ended up right next to the door where the third wave of bad guys entered the level etc. I think I used 3 armor kits (didn't have the repair drone back then) and was close to death a couple of times. And yes, the main issue was that everything was so confusing (oh, and my turret didn't work for these specific reasons)

I did another mission last night (the Odea Tech one in the Theater district) and it was relatively easy, so I have things under control for now
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I need to stop reading this thread. You guys make it sound so fun that I am interested in it. But I cant get it for a year or two at the price its at now. Ive been thinking since I cant bring myself to play my old stuff or even what was installed when my wife passed that perhaps a brand new game would be workable to me.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:15 pm I need to stop reading this thread. You guys make it sound so fun that I am interested in it. But I cant get it for a year or two at the price its at now. Ive been thinking since I cant bring myself to play my old stuff or even what was installed when my wife passed that perhaps a brand new game would be workable to me.
It is a good game IMO but it will be an even better (and cheaper) game in a couple of months. If you mainly solo, the "community" and its involvement does not play any role for you (and, judging from the first Division game, will stay involved anyway for a long time). If you would play mainly with others, yes, there is probably a peak in players right now but again, there will be more than enough left in a couple of months. Some here from the OO community will have moved on (I still don't know how people finish games so fast ...) but several ones will probably still be interested then (I bought the first Division when it came out three years ago and finished it a month ago after not playing for probably 2y).

In my personal experience, whenever I have no interest in playing anything from my (pretty substantial) backlog, a new game rarely fixes this beyond the initial hours. That's when I move to boardgames or books for a while or switch genres completely (EU IV and The Division 2 are very different games ... :D )
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have the first installed now. I reinstalled it about Dec...before my wife got sick even. Cant touch it now. Ive been avoiding all stuff I had installed..or anything I even owned back before I lost her. Its silly yes but part of what Im going through. So thinking a new game would work. She even bought me AC Odyssey just 4 days before her stroke and I was having fun in it...cant touch it. Dont want to move my character or anything. Crazy stuff.

I keep thinking of trying the first again since its installed. Ive deleted and installed it at least 8 times last year alone. I have 2 characters and both are stuck in different areas. It doesn't help I walk away for a month and then cant remember my skills or controls :)

But you're right..it will be cheaper one day. Wife was going to get me Red Dead Redemption 2 Jan. Since she passed I just cant bring myself to do much of anything. Not even get that. But its not on sale. Ive had my eye on new games for at least 3 years. I have a backlog when stuff goes on sale. Right now Far Cry 5 is $18 and tempting me badly. I just dont know.

Anyways glad this game is fun and good. I think it could be better from m limited beta time with it. Ill wait.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 pm UBISOFT FAN!
You already own the 3 proposed titles, and we appreciate your loyalty.

Watch your email around the launch of The Division®2 for your special gift .
As you already own all 3 of the proposed games, we would like to reward you with some free The Division in-game content.. Thank you for your passion!

In replacement of your free PC game, we are happy to reward you with free The Division 2 in-game content.

YOUR REWARDS
- 2 High-End Apparel Keys
- 3 Specialized Apparel Keys

Apparel Keys allow you to unlock Apparel Caches, containing new cosmetic items.
Uhhh... thanks... I guess.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Apparel Keys allow you to unlock Apparel Caches, containing new cosmetic items.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, I got that too. Just to make it extra special, one of the freebie cosmetics was a bust because it was a duplicate of an item I already had.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So, 54 hours played and I'm at level 29. I just cleared the last enemy held control point on the map and have completed enough projects that now have all eight staff working at the White House. I'm about half way done with the main and side missions, having just done the Lincoln Memorial. The last control point I did was the toughest, I was killed three times and spawned each time a bit away, meaning I had to run back to the battle each time to make sure my friendly AI didn't all die off.

I'm certainly getting my money's worth, but I think this will be in future a game I play when I want a break from some other game or I've done a lot of reading and need to pep myself up a bit. I figure one mission or side mission in a session is enough.

Also, considering how lousy I tend to be at shooters, it's something to be said that the battle at the last control point was the first fight of any sort in a while where I need to respawn. I'm using the same skills I had by level 5 and mostly the same types of weapon, although more peppy versions.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 pm I guess I am done for now. I am at World Tier 4 and have the gear score required (430/425) for the final stronghold to advance to world tier 5, but that mission isn't in the game yet. I could spend time improving my gear, but Tier 5 will raise the ceiling another 50 points so all that gear would be replaced pretty quick anyway. It took me 45 hours to get to the current ceiling. I'd call that pretty good. I still have side quests that I haven't done, but I'll wait and do them when they can earn me better loot.
Tidal Basin, which unlocks World Tier 5 is supposed to release next Friday. I'll be back for that. After that... we'll see.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
raydude

Post by raydude »

I'm at level 11 and loving my MG and the damage bonus it brings to hostiles out of cover. Melts those rushers real good. Also, having the oxidizer makes a world of difference when facing armored elites. Cuts the time to kill by about half.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I picked this up for the PS4 (I can PM you my PS4 id). Just starting and my play time will be limited to about 1-2 hour sessions max. Mostly PST evenings when I do. Warning, I am a horrible shot, my aim is simply non existent. So any advice on how to improve that would be awesome. See ya in DC!
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

raydude wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 am I'm at level 11 and loving my MG and the damage bonus it brings to hostiles out of cover. Melts those rushers real good. Also, having the oxidizer makes a world of difference when facing armored elites. Cuts the time to kill by about half.
Agree on the LMG - I'm using two weapons when facing elites (I created a specific "elite" loadout with gear that gives me a 80% damage bonus when fighting elites). One weapon is a (blue) M14 (which does around 5k in damage) and the other a (purple) M249 in an airborne version that does around 1.1k in damage. What I found out is that while the damage output of the M14 is MUCH higher (and the rate of fire is not too slow), the LMG really chews through the elites like butter. Not sure if an LMG adds some sort of damage modifier based on the type of weapon (apart from the "out of cover" one) but it seems to add some sort of "stagger" effects, that almost stuns the elite and keep him exposed to the incoming damage.
There is one story mission where in the end you fight a quite powerful elite that throws these super-annoying and dangerous fire grenades at you. The fight is in this huge hall and I killed him across the whole room with 1.5 belts (150 rounds) of my LMG
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Newcastle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:44 pm I picked this up for the PS4 (I can PM you my PS4 id). Just starting and my play time will be limited to about 1-2 hour sessions max. Mostly PST evenings when I do. Warning, I am a horrible shot, my aim is simply non existent. So any advice on how to improve that would be awesome. See ya in DC!
Happy to help out with missions if you need the help (ChuckB08 on PS4), I'm on PST, too.

I think for the aiming: make sure that "aiming assist" in the options is "on" (should be by default). You can also adjust the sensitivity of the gamepad sticks within the game, maybe that helps.
For me it's a matter of weapon (and their attributes). I'm pretty bad with assault rifles and submachine guns and pretty good with (semi-automatic) rifles. For any weapon that is full-auto, you should try to improve the "stability" rating of the weapon with mods, which affects the amount of recoil. The only automatic weapon I use is a LMG and I ramped up the "stability" rating of that one but sometimes shooting short bursts is the best way to go.

The "accuracy" rating of a weapon determines how fast the spread of bullets you are firing is reduced to the point you are aiming for (as shown in the shrinking reticle), thereby reducing the spread of bullets. For single-action weapons (such as rifle), this is more important to me than stability, as I take single shots but I want to pop out of cover quickly, get one or two shots off and get back into cover.

The last thing for aiming is really to find good cover, move the reticle over the target WHILE BEING IN COVER, then press the aim button to pop out and fire. The higher the accuracy, the fast your aim is ... well accurate. The higher the stability, the more shots you can get off until the recoil moves your aim up. Of course, aiming low to adjust for recoil helps with automatic weapons. When I get rushed and I use the LMG, I start by shooting around the hips and let the recoil move the aim upwards. I always go for headshots with semi-automatic weapons, I never do with automatic ones.

In the end, it's all about getting used to it - I suck terribly at (fast) shooters with the gamepad but TD somehow works for me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

So I'm missing the joke. Is it the game's abundance of cosmetic rewards? Is that what the raid rewards are?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Baroquen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:46 am So I'm missing the joke. Is it the game's abundance of cosmetic rewards? Is that what the raid rewards are?
I'm guessing that's the point. I never did get the hang of enjoying the humor of Penny Arcade.

So I played another main mission of TD2 which puts me up at 56 hours. I'm really, really trying to keep liking the game, but the missions are so cookie cutter that even though the locations might be interesting, the gameplay is so predictable that I just can't keep interested. It's really a shame too, since I'm doing really well in a shooter which isn't normally the case. Still, I'll keep it installed for those days I really, really need to go out and shoot bad guys.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yep, no idea where the joke is there.

I played TD2 pretty much all weekend. I am close to getting gear score 500 drops at which point I can start to optimize my gear for a specific build... or quit playing. Whatever. Over the weekend I learned that there are a bunch of blueprints that you can only get from taking Control Points in that are alert level 3 or higher. Doing alert level 3 control points solo is... hard. So many enemies. I guess I should be matchmaking for the open world for that, but you never know what you are going to get. I have only done matchmaking once for a random bounty and it worked out ok, so I guess I shouldn't be too scared, but bounties are a specific goal where open world, you never know. I'm not sure what else people would be doing open world in the end game.

I'm 23/30 pieces on the apparel event with 3 weeks left so I guess I will have access to more outfits. :P I say that, but I actually do kind of have fun playing dress up. Now if I could just get good chest armor that doesn't look like I'm on the bomb squad... I should have pics dammit.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I haven't played since the first few days. Got distracted by baseball. :) I'm planning on running through it some this week. Didn't help that my headphones broke either. Finally grabbed a new pair yesterday as the spare pair I had was terrible. Traded in a ton of old games I will never touch and got the Hyperx Alpha for 20 bucks. :D
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:48 am I guess I should be matchmaking for the open world for that, but you never know what you are going to get.
I've grouped up for a lot of the story missions and never had a problem. Even if your teammate is a terrible shot it gives the bad guys something else to shoot at.

The only issue I've run into is the mechanics of grouping. I was standing right in front of the entrance to a story mission and hit the button to matchmake. When I joined a group I got a loading screen and then spawned at the White House. :doh: :grund:

I had to fast travel to the nearest friendly point and then hoof it ~.5 KM to the mission.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I loaded it up last night, and was incredibly distracted by bright lights... primarily the inside flood light type things. I don't remember it being that way when I started playing. I tried some settings, thinking it might have caused by the latest patch, but notes didn't indicate that. And my fiddling didn't help. So, I turned it off. Fun.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Baroquen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:36 pm I loaded it up last night, and was incredibly distracted by bright lights... primarily the inside flood light type things. I don't remember it being that way when I started playing. I tried some settings, thinking it might have caused by the latest patch, but notes didn't indicate that. And my fiddling didn't help. So, I turned it off. Fun.
Those lights have been there before, but it doesn't happen too often for me to mind them.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Baroquen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:36 pm I loaded it up last night, and was incredibly distracted by bright lights... primarily the inside flood light type things. I don't remember it being that way when I started playing. I tried some settings, thinking it might have caused by the latest patch, but notes didn't indicate that. And my fiddling didn't help. So, I turned it off. Fun.
A lot of lights (not all) can be shot out, FYI. There are some areas where it is used to make things (and by things I mean spotting) more difficult.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:42 pm
A lot of lights (not all) can be shot out, FYI. There are some areas where it is used to make things (and by things I mean spotting) more difficult.
Wow... didn't know that. Not sure why it was bothering me so much now, and not at all at launch. But I will definitely try shooting out some of those lights. Thanks for the tip.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Posted on PCGamesN, After Kit Harington’s SNL skit, Ubisoft promises The Division 2 NPCs are less chatty
Saturday Night Live poked some playful fun at The Division 2 last week, and it seems Ubisoft enjoyed the bit as much as everyone else. The skit takes down overly chatty NPCs, Ubisoft shouts out SNL to say “You’ll be happy to know that Damien and Ethan are now less chatty with our Invasion update. All hashed out!”
The skit:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I saw that but didn't realize it was Division 2. I thought it was some old school player trying a fancy new millennial VR game.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Baroquen wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:34 pm
coopasonic wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:42 pm
Wow... didn't know that. Not sure why it was bothering me so much now, and not at all at launch. But I will definitely try shooting out some of those lights. Thanks for the tip.
Maybe something in your HDR settings changed? I play this on PS4 and a HDR-capable TV and love how they implemented HDR. Yes, lights can be blindingly bright and often that makes a huge difference for gameplay - same with fighting against the sun, I just can't see much so have to find a different approach (of course, in missions, that may be difficult ...) and I will definitely factor this in when looking for cover. Visually, it's stunning and I'm always surprised when I see my screenshots on my non-HDR devices how much of that is lost without HDR
This is one of the reasons why I often prefer the PS4 to my PC - HDR adds so much to the visuals and mood of the games (good examples are Horizon Zero Dawn, the Last of Us remastered version, Assassin's Creed etc.)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The live team needs to get its act together. They pushed out a patch today, that (for me, anyway) has broken some fundamental features. Cover-to-cover movement doesn't work, and a number of objects (like open-world activity reward chests, special ammo boxes, and doors) that should be interactable are not -- they are highlighted as such, but the interaction prompt doesn't come up so they can't be opened. This is on top of the last patch almost completely zeroing out the drop rate for specialized ammo. I have no idea whether today's patch fixed that, because I hit my "Fuck this shit" threshold before I had played enough to see whether or not the ammo was dropping again.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I think the test server is supposed to be coming soon. That might help. I just had a few minutes to run through and clear some DZ landmarks this morning so I didn't run into any of that... I mean you'd expect I might run into a cover to cover issue, but DZ stuff goes down so fast that there's not much need for sticking to cover.

I do have one complaint. I have been GS490+ since Saturday. I have played a lot since then and have gotten ONE GS500 piece. I do DZ landmarks, normal and hard bounties, alert level 3 control points, random open world stuff (to raise alert levels). I haven't done any missions in a while. I will run some hard mode missions this weekend for projects and maybe that will finally tick me over the edge. I think my equipped GS is hanging around 496 but I have bunches of 498/499 stuff in my inventory. If you can't tell, this annoys me.

For some reason I am still playing and enjoying the game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I played a couple more hours last night, doing the District Union Arena stronghold and a couple of side missions. Everything worked fine for me, no boxes that didn't work or cover I couldn't get too. Maybe they patched just before I started playing. Anyway, I'm still playing in small spurts when I need to take a break from reading. Funny that the gameplay in the Arena felt like the first mission in the first game, which is a good thing. There were less of the fights that felt like the arena brawls from Borderlands.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I don't see any complaints on the Ubisoft forums regarding the issues I had this morning, so it's possible that it was a very specific issue. I'll try validating my installation files before I play again later today and see whether any of the problems recur. With a little luck, it may have been a one-off thing.

Edit: I just validated the game files this afternoon, which showed no issues but did trigger the initial install procedure (DX install and stuff). When I logged into the game, all of the problems I experienced this morning were gone. Hopefully they stay that way.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I just wanted to mention that I am still playing this and still having fun with it. The community has figured out that lower level gear mods are generally better than higher level gear mods (they all give up to a specific percentage boost of some stat, but the high end mods split it up across three stats where lower level mods will give it all to 1 stat) so I created a new character and leveled it up to 18 which is supposed to be the sweet spot and he is farming the DZ for gear mods. I was just about done with the game but just last night my 12yo finally asked me if he could play with me, so that will breath some new life into the game for me. Having a partner will make some things more interesting. I think I have been grouped for approximately 1 of my 100 hours played.

There are a LOT of things that could be improved in the game, but I am still happy with the core gameplay.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

I'm also still playing this (101hrs in) and still enjoying it. I reached level 30 a while ago but I still have one or two story missions to do (plus the three main strong points of the factions) and 3-4 side missions. Also outstanding are the second and third DZ.

Yes, there are things that could be improved - for example, there is almost too much loot (it's actually work to go through all this stuff after every excursion) and while the missions are not bad and their locations pretty diverse, they feel pretty samey after a while. I guess the one main issue the game has that it has exactly one way to interact with the world and that is to shoot people. IMO in the missions, this limitation shows the most, as they are very linear and you go through the same escalation of enemies and difficulty levels and you almost wish that some missions would end without the usual boss fight to keep it less predictable.

I'm enjoying the random fights in the streets, tunnels or buildings much more and lately, I'm actually walking back to the White House no matter where I'm coming from because the graphics, weather, times of day etc. can make this a much more interesting. Did this yesterday after a side mission (drone crash site) that was pretty long and ended pretty interestingly, because for the last big battle, it was not only night but a huge storm started and it got pretty hairy because of the seriously reduced visibility. Walking back to the WH from there (still stormy) was pretty hairy and fun. I think they could do this even more interesting by having groups of enemies even traveling around more (although I think they did a pretty good job of making the world feel much more alive through both the friendly and enemy NPCs being less predictable.