Wargroove

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

rittchard

Wargroove

Post by rittchard »

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/wargroove-switch

I just picked this up for Switch last night. It's $20, also for PC, XBox and PS4, and can be played cross-platform except for PS4.

It's very similar to Advance Wars in look and feel, but goes beyond it quite a bit. Also allows for custom maps and apparently people have already recreated Advanced War and Fire Emblem maps. Seemed like something the folks here would really enjoy.

I've only played the first few campaign missions, so I can't say too much about it aside from the look/feel/interface being very familiar (in a good way).
wonderpug

Re: Wargroove

Post by wonderpug »

I've been enjoying this quite a bit. There's been a handful of other "just like Advance Wars!" games I've tried over the years, but this one scratches the itch much better than any of those.
ChuckB

Re: Wargroove

Post by ChuckB »

So far, I really enjoy it on my Switch - I actually like the graphics and the missions so far are fun! I REALLY hope it does not turn into one of these turn-limited strategy puzzle games where you have to find the one and only way to beat a mission. So far, no turn limit and it allows you to recover from mistakes you make