Rainbow Six Siege PC Game News - new prices, bundling, free weekend

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Rainbow Six Siege PC Game News - new prices, bundling, free weekend

Post by jztemple2 »

Oddly, I can't seem to find a devoted Rainbow Six Siege thread, just the Looking for group (R6:Siege + Others) thread, but since there is some R6S news that might interest some folks I thought I'd share it.

Ubisoft has announced in an article that first, Year Four of the game starts today (Feb 12th). Additionally...
Year 4 is just around the corner, and there’s never been a better time to get into Rainbow Six Siege. We are making entering the community easier than ever with price reductions arriving to the digital and retail versions of Rainbow Six Siege for 2019. With these changes, we will also be updating the cost and availability of DLC operators per version for both new and existing players.
As you can see, there are now four versions and prices seem to have been reduced. Additionally there is a sale on.
On February 12, we will be removing the PC Starter Edition, and creating a new entry base game at $19.99. This new PC standard version, simply called Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, will be available at digital retailers . This new base version improves the former Starter Edition progression system, which converts unlocking Operators to the original base game rate – saving players up to 150 hours of gameplay to get the Operators of their choice.

For our active community, all current Starter Edition owners will be granted an automatic upgrade to the new base game transforming your experience of Rainbow Six Siege. Starter Edition players will now unlock Operators at a normal pace, following the original game’s Renown cost. All progression and content previously unlocked will be carried over.
So if you bought a Starter Edition you now have a regular edition. Good for you! If not, the regular edition is on sale for half price for would guess to be the duration of the free weekend, which runs from Valentines Day through the 18th.

And here are the details on the
Year 4 Edition Details

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
The new base PC edition will now have an everyday price of $19.99, with an improved progression compared to the previous Starter Edition, returning to the original base game system.

Deluxe Edition
Players who purchase the Deluxe Edition will acquire the new base edition and an instant roster expansion that includes all Year 1 Operators: Buck, Frost, Blackbeard, Valkyrie, Caveira, Capitão, Hibana, Echo.

Gold Edition
The Gold Edition provides all the benefits of the Deluxe Edition plus the Year 4 Pass, which grants early access to all 8 Year 4 Operators. Click here to discover all the benefits of the Year 4 Pass.

Ultimate Edition
The Ultimate Edition unlocks all DLC Operators in-game through the end of Year 3, as well as the benefits of the Year 4 Pass (Operators included). This version grants access to every DLC Operator: Buck, Frost, Blackbeard, Valkyrie, Caveira, Capitão, Hibana, Echo, Mira, Jackal, Ela, Zofia, Ying, Lesion, Dokkaebi, Vigil, Lion, Finka, Maestro, Alibi, Maverick, Clash, Nomad, Kaid, plus all Year 4 Operators when they release. Click here to discover all the benefits of the Year 4 Pass.
I've tried a couple of times to get into this game, but so far it hasn't grabbed me. Still, a free weekend might just be the thing to turn me around.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold