Rocket League Forum Tourney?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Rumpy

Re: Rocket League Forum Tourney?

Post by Rumpy »

Off the top of my head, I dunno. I'd have to look into it more deeply again, or if anyone wants to read up on it, be my guest. The logistics could be tricky. Those of us playing against each other would have to be in a party together and choose opposing sides, and for competing against different players, I'm not sure how that'd work out. It might be that we have to figure out the logistics on our own and run separate games and keep track of the scoring externally.

Some good tips here:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I know you can create a private tournament that presumably people can join using a password (as you can do for private matches), but I’m not sure what all the options for it are. I’ll check it out today to see how it works.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, if one of us can figure it out, maybe we can have a smaller scale tournament for those who are interested.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Looks like we can generally set up any sort of tournament we want. Depending on how many people are interested probably will determine team size. Could even do 1v1 but that’s a pretty different game. The only limitation, I think, is that everyone has to be on at the same time: I don’t think the tournament can be played asynchronously.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, from what I understand, if we want to do it asynchronously, we set up smaller clusters of matches, keep track of the scores externally in a spreadsheet and determine the outcomes for who plays next.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti