Funcom to make new Dune game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Funcom to make new Dune game

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/197895/func ... aming-deal
The announcement comes as Legendary gears up for its already highly anticipated film adaptation of DUNE, directed by critically acclaimed filmmaker Denis Villeneuve, and featuring an all-star cast that now includes Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista Stellan Skarsgård, Charlotte Rampling, Jason Momoa and Javier Bardem.

Development will begin in Funcom’s Oslo studio later this year.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymon

Re: Funcom to make new Dune game

Post by Jaymon »

hm, this begs the question. is it going to be a game about the movie? or a game about the books? Because we all know how well video game adaptations of movies turn out.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently the deal is for 3 games, the first of which will be a multiplayer open world game, which I'd guess means that they are planning something similar to Conan Exiles.
Funcom has entered into an exclusive partnership with Legendary Studios to develop games based on the works of Frank Herbert’s DUNE, one of the world’s best known science fiction universes with multiple adaptations into movies, games and other media.

This is a six year partnership to release at least three titles on the PC/Console platforms, with one of the games planned to be in the “Open World Multiplayer” genre that will enter into pre-production in Funcom’s Oslo studio during 2019.

Entering into this partnership is in line with the company’s strategy of working with strong Intellectual Properties, allowing for two different vast and well known universes – CONAN and DUNE – to be available for the Company’s games.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

They should do an MMO set in God-Emperor Leto II's reign where nobody has any option but to pursue the same dull life pattern for century after century.

Theme, people! Video games are ART!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.