Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Dawn of Man

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Newcastle

Dawn of Man

Post by Newcastle » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:32 am

So this is new on Steam. Pretty fun so far. Its a city builder based in the stone age. I've read comparisons of it being similar to Banished (its true so far). I've only spent about 3 hours in the game, but so far its pretty fun. No real bugs as far as I can tell. The basics is guiding your tribe through the various ages...ie iron, bronze, etc. Anyone else pick it up?
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

jztemple2

Re: Dawn of Man

Post by jztemple2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Didn't even know about it till you posted. Looks interesting and it is 15% off on Steam for the next 25 hours or so. Looking forward to more impressions!
"A plan is a list of things that go wrong. I like to keep my lists short. Just be ready." - Rico Rodriguez

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:31 pm

My son talked me into it. I played just the tutorial so far. I think it will be fun.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 pm

So played this some more. Enjoyable city builder. Its a lot like banished. I actually think the prioritization of your villagers is pretty good. They seem to prioritize decently enough. There is a small tech tree to go through and that takes you into different eras. Its not a AAA title, but for $25 its really not bad. Its a fun little time waster. The comparisons to banished are apt I find. Dont expect a lot of bells and whistles, but it does deliver a fun, and satisfying village building experience.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.