Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Sinking City

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Sinking City

Post by GreenGoo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Place holder post.

Lovecraftian detective simulator. More details to come. Feel free to fill in the details yourselves since I won't get a chance for a few hours.

Lordnine

Re: Sinking City

Post by Lordnine » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:28 pm

First I've heard of this. Has potential for sure. The trailers make me think it is a little heavy handed with its theme though. Lovecraft was very subtle, I'm hoping the trailers are an exaggeration of the weird elements.

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 am

Well... there's always our friends over at GT. There are other articles there as well, that's the latest.
-mf

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:06 am

I suspect the internet has multiple references to it.

MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:26 am

I suspect! :wink:
-mf

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:37 am

RPS has run a half dozen articles about the game, the most recent about a week ago.

The Sinking City wants players thinking like (weird) detectives
It’s hard enough being a private eye when the world makes sense, but when there’s fish-men on every corner, weird cults and magic involved, investigating crimes in The Sinking City looks tricky. It’s a challenge I’m eager to try my hand at, though, after seeing the latest chunk of footage from Frogware’s upcoming survival horror detective adventure. There’s clues to find, but no prompts popping up saying you’ve cracked the case – the player gets to decide when they’ve built up a strong enough profile to accuse a suspect. Take an investigative peek for yourself below.

While The Sinking City will include some combat against supernatural monsters, and the occasional trip through mystical realms, the heart of it looks to be proper detective-work. Using systems lifted from Frogwares’s Sherlock Holmes series, players piece together a profile of the crime from a board of motives, suspects and evidence gathered. It’s an intriguing web of systems, aided by the protagonist knowing a bit of magic himself. In classic early 2000s supernatural detective fashion, he can see visions of the past, although they’re not exactly admissible in a court of law.
Time and tide melt the snowman.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:11 pm

MonkeyFinger wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:26 am
I suspect! :wink:
:D

Grifman

Post by Grifman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Moving to Epic.