The Platform Wars (Steam, Epic, GoG, etc)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Paradroid

Re: The Platform Wars (Steam, Epic, GoG, etc)

Post by Paradroid »

Yeah, there's a reason Valve take 30%. It's so they can code a massively featureful and fully-functioning client. Epic will never have even 20% of the features Steam has.

But they give away free games! Isn't that nice of them?
I no longer post here.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:24 pm now here's a problem i've never had with Steam, GOG or any other service - emails from epicgames with the security codes to login are no longer arriving in my email.... so i can't log in at all or play anything there. they were fine all up to Thursday - then it was Friday and no more. i have a helpdesk service request in, but i expect i won't hear anything until Monday.
Are you sure they're really not arriving or if they're automatically tagged as spam via the service provider? I've had to log in via my provider's webmail and found several of their emails tagged as spam.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Rumpy wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:27 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:24 pm now here's a problem i've never had with Steam, GOG or any other service - emails from epicgames with the security codes to login are no longer arriving in my email.... so i can't log in at all or play anything there. they were fine all up to Thursday - then it was Friday and no more. i have a helpdesk service request in, but i expect i won't hear anything until Monday.
Are you sure they're really not arriving or if they're automatically tagged as spam via the service provider? I've had to log in via my provider's webmail and found several of their emails tagged as spam.
i def checked the spam folder. out of the 20-30 times i tried over the weekend, twice one would eventually arrive, but it would be outside of the auth window.

in any case, they just started working as normal again about 40 minutes ago.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Paradroid wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:57 pm Yeah, there's a reason Valve take 30%. It's so they can code a massively featureful and fully-functioning client. Epic will never have even 20% of the features Steam has.

But they give away free games! Isn't that nice of them?
Do they need most of those features? A lot of the Steam 'features' are redundant , pointless, or counterproductive (such as Steam reviews.) I said it earlier in this thread: I want to game store to sell me games. I don't need another social media platform, blogging platform, chat platform, forum platform (platforum?), review aggregator, or most of the other extraneous stuff they offer. There are a few things that Epic still needs to catch up on, and they're dragging their feet, but I still prefer their client to Origin or Uplay.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Need? Possibly not, but if we're talking about need then do we need the Epic store? I can think of a dozen places to buy games just off the top of my head.

Plenty of people (myself included) like all those extra features. I find the reviews helpful, I use integrated chat, broadcasting and groups, the Steamworks API practically revolutionised multiplayer gaming. It's particularly baffling to criticise the integrated forum; where else will players gather to discuss a specific game - get support from the devs, report bugs etc. When people have an issue with a game on Epic they'll come to the Steam forum to discuss it! Same goes for those playing on PS4 or Xbox.

And we're still only talking about the client. Valve do plenty of other stuff to benefit people too. Like Proton for example, which is a miracle for Linux gamers. Or key generation, which is completely free to developers and publishers. Or backing development for other platforms entirely. The list goes on and on.

And Timmy Tencent has the gall to say that Epic are the saviours of PC gaming, while they divide the market and bring exclusivity to an open platform. :roll:
I no longer post here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm glad you find the Steam features useful. In my experience the forums are packed with obnoxious kids and most questions are more likely to result in condescension and trolling than real answers. If I need that kind of input, I come here or go to Reddit (or just Google) where the attitude/information ratio is more reasonable. Their chat works, but is redundant with Discord where 90% of my friends choose to be. The Steam reviews are so polluted, between chicanery and organized review-bombing that I avoid them just for their unreliability. Is it handy to have all those sorts of resources consolidated into a single client? Sure, but their versions of all of them are inferior to other, standalone offerings. In any case, even if they were perfect, it doesn't counter my point. If Steam were the end-all, be-all utility for gaming, Epic still wouldn't need all those features. It just needs to be an effective store.

As to being an open platform, sure. But only if you're happy with one company running the entire industry with an untouchable monopoly. The only thing that has come close has been GoG, and they've never been competitive with Steam. Everything else is a single-publisher platform, and even some of those (Origin, Bethesda, Uplay) have begun to migrate their games back to Steam, or never left Steam to begin with. Steam has been absolutely untouchable. And yes, they've been benevolent dictators (for the most part), but a market with no competition doesn't make me at all comfortable. So to answer your question:
Paradroid wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 am Need? Possibly not, but if we're talking about need then do we need the Epic store? I can think of a dozen places to buy games just off the top of my head.
Yes, we need the Epic store, or something like it. We need something to threaten Steam and put competition back into the market. We need game platforms to go back to convincing us to give them our money instead of just sitting back while we stand in line to hand it to them. And if that means exclusives is the price to pay to knock the Steam empire off of its pedestal, then so be it. It's not like console exclusives - Epic exclusives and Steam exclusives are still PC titles, and we can play them all.

And to be clear, I like Steam. It was Steam that saved PC gaming, and I've got hundreds of titles on their platform. I love Steam, and they do some great stuff. I just don't trust them to always be on the consumer's side.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. However I can't let this go unaddressed:
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:21 am And if that means exclusives is the price to pay to knock the Steam empire off of its pedestal, then so be it.
With respect, that's an utterly bizarre attitude in my opinion. You acknowledge that Steam does all this stuff, you acknowledge that Valve have been completely benevolent dictators, yet you still think that Epic - which is doing things completely the wrong way in my opinion, speaking as someone who cares passionately about the industry - is right to use their disgusting strong-arm tactics to "knock Steam off its pedestal". I will never, ever agree with this. I don't mind competition. I have no problem whatsoever with the existence of Origin, Uplay, GOG, Greenmangaming, Gamersgate, and so on. I only have a problem with Epic because of their shitty practices.

Edit: Actually I want to address this one too:
I love Steam, and they do some great stuff. I just don't trust them to always be on the consumer's side.
I don't know what else Valve have to do. They have bent over backwards improving everything for everyone, even (as I pointed out) people not on their platform. They have gone to just insane lengths and the PC gaming industry is immensely better off for it. What more can they do to win your trust? And if Epic somehow became king, wouldn't you say exactly the same about them?
I no longer post here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If Epic had an effective monopoly? Yes.

I don't love Epic. I don't trust them either. But I think that one company controlling an industry is dangerous. It's not a safe long term situation.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Paradroid wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:43 pm
With respect, that's an utterly bizarre attitude in my opinion. You acknowledge that Steam does all this stuff, you acknowledge that Valve have been completely benevolent dictators, yet you still think that Epic - which is doing things completely the wrong way in my opinion, speaking as someone who cares passionately about the industry - is right to use their disgusting strong-arm tactics to "knock Steam off its pedestal". I will never, ever agree with this. I don't mind competition. I have no problem whatsoever with the existence of Origin, Uplay, GOG, Greenmangaming, Gamersgate, and so on. I only have a problem with Epic because of their shitty practices.
Yep, I agree with this. I feel that Epic is little more than a single-publisher platform that wants to try to take on Steam, which is a hilarious prospect in itself, and they do so by strong-arming developers into either being bought out or signing an exclusivity contract, sometimes even pulling promised releases from Steam in the process. That's not being competitive. Being competitive would be allowing titles to appear on both platforms, competitively setting your price and allowing customers to choose where they do business. Buying up some hotly anticipated titles as exclusives just smacks of dirty practices. I can't really think of any Steam exclusives aside from early titles and titles that were their own, and there aren't very many of those compared to everything else they have available. One of the best things they've done is introduced an API to help with some of the backend, which has paved the way for easier modding. I feel much more comfortable going through them for mods rather than some random site.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

no one should be counting on Epic as a long-term savior. Epic is majority owned by tenCent... that company has the potential to not only out-EA EA, but maybe every terrible software publisher ever, combined.

just wanted to add, Epic is Windows-only, while Steam supports Linux and Mac as well (and as alluded to earlier, the release of [Valve + WINE =] Proton a few years ago was a massive boon... might even say 'game changer'... for Linux gaming).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I don't think there was any other option to make a dent in Steam's armor. Everyone else that tried, failed. Do I like that Epic is running its PC business the way every console does? Not particularly. But there was no other way to compete with Steam. Valve defined how the industry worked. Epic had to change that in order to compete.

And a significant majority of titles for the past decade have been Steam exclusives unless the publisher had its own platform. They were exclusives simply because there was no other option. "Requires Steam" has been a standard disclaimer for a long, long time.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:04 pm I don't think there was any other option to make a dent in Steam's armor. Everyone else that tried, failed. Do I like that Epic is running its PC business the way every console does? Not particularly. But there was no other way to compete with Steam. Valve defined how the industry worked. Epic had to change that in order to compete.

And a significant majority of titles for the past decade have been Steam exclusives unless the publisher had its own platform. They were exclusives simply because there was no other option. "Requires Steam" has been a standard disclaimer for a long, long time.
Agreed. I'm not fond of Tencent for sure, but I agree with BH that no company should have a platform monopoly.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:04 pm And a significant majority of titles for the past decade have been Steam exclusives unless the publisher had its own platform. They were exclusives simply because there was no other option. "Requires Steam" has been a standard disclaimer for a long, long time.
But is that really an exclusive though? I don't really think it is. Valve hasn't come along and lay claim to them. Rather they've provided a framework from which developers are using to provide features such as multiplayer, something that's been done before such as with TeamSpy, and ironically, I don't think Epic would be in this place if Steam hadn't provided multiplayer for games such as Rocket League, which premiered on Steam, from what I remember.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:55 pm ironically, I don't think Epic would be in this place if Steam hadn't provided multiplayer for games such as Rocket League, which premiered on Steam, from what I remember.
oh yeah. about Rocket League...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/1/18525 ... nreal-deal

i wonder how long the Steam version will be supported - since it went F2P (and an Epic exclusive), you can't of course buy it on the Steam store anymore. i think support for the Linux and Mac versions will be the first to go, however.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I'm fairly sure Linux support has already gone. More of that lovely "openness" that Timmy Tencent goes on about...
I no longer post here.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:15 pm
Rumpy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:55 pm ironically, I don't think Epic would be in this place if Steam hadn't provided multiplayer for games such as Rocket League, which premiered on Steam, from what I remember.
oh yeah. about Rocket League...

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/1/18525 ... nreal-deal

i wonder how long the Steam version will be supported - since it went F2P (and an Epic exclusive), you can't of course buy it on the Steam store anymore. i think support for the Linux and Mac versions will be the first to go, however.
Yeah, they've said players could keep playing it on Steam and download it as long as they've already bought it, but it has me worried a bit. I don't know if it'd be legal for them to completely drop support for a platform that people have bought it from.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:55 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:04 pm And a significant majority of titles for the past decade have been Steam exclusives unless the publisher had its own platform. They were exclusives simply because there was no other option. "Requires Steam" has been a standard disclaimer for a long, long time.
But is that really an exclusive though? I don't really think it is. Valve hasn't come along and lay claim to them.
They're not officially exclusives, no. They're still exclusive to Steam, as Steam controls the market. If you want to sell more than a handful of copies, you accept what Steam offers. That's scary. And that should scare the developers most of all. Sure, they do a lot for the gaming industry, but how much of that is love of the industry, and how much of that is because it benefits their bottom line for the industry to flourish? The entire gaming industry is balanced on the idea the Valve is the good guy and will stay that way.

I was called earlier for calling Steam a benevolent dictator and still criticizing them. The problem with benevolent dictators is that, eventually, the power passes to someone else who may not be so benevolent.

Again, I don't trust Steam. I want them off of their throne. Do I want Epic and everything that represents (the real issues, not the assumptions and conspiracy theories) to do that? They wouldn't be my first choice. I'd love to have seen GoG do it. But Epic is the only one that's had any success.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:17 pm The problem with benevolent dictators is that, eventually, the power passes to someone else who may not be so benevolent.
I think that describes it pretty well, honestly. You say you don't trust Steam, and I'd say I trust Epic, owned by a chinese company, even less. At least Valve is a fully-owned American company, and if say Epic were to weaken Valve and eventually become dominant, they may not be so benevolent.

Oh, I'm sure most of what Valve does is to benefit their bottom line, but what company doesn't? It'd be foolish to assume that they do it out of love for anything. The difference with Valve is that at least they've innovated along the way and brought some convenience to gamers. I prefer that method any day over Epic's whack-a-mole strategy.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

One company will always be dominant in any competitive marketplace. And yes, I'd rather Steam have a monopoly than an Epic monopoly (or an EA or Ubi or Bethesda monopoly.) But that's not what I'm arguing for, though. I'm arguing against any monopoly. I'm arguing for a competitive marketplace instead of an entire industry run by one company.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

If Valve's ownership changed hands, the worst that could happen is they'd stop doing all the nice stuff and become just another storefront - which is what you seem to want anyway?

Well, actually, the worst that could happen is the service is pulled entirely and we'd all lose access to all our games. I suspect nobody wants that.

I'm perfectly content to continue cheering for Valve.
I no longer post here.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

So a few games come to Epic first (or maybe only but most of the ones that I cared about came to Steam eventually). I already have games on Steam, Origin, GoG, and Uplay (mostly on Steam and GoG but if there was a deal or freebie on one of the others I picked it up there). Now I get my Epic freebies every Thursday buy the games I want on Steam or GoG and use the GoG client to unify all my games on one client and launch them from there
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:21 amI'm glad you find the Steam features useful. In my experience the forums are packed with obnoxious kids and most questions are more likely to result in condescension and trolling than real answers. If I need that kind of input, I come here or go to Reddit (or just Google) where the attitude/information ratio is more reasonable.
I find that Steam has more features than I really need, but I certainly like:
  • The Workshop and built-in mod hosting with immediate updates.
  • The forums, sometimes. I've found many answers over the years to common game issues there. I never go to chat.
  • "Other games you may also like" sometimes contains a little gem that I may not have known about.
  • The sales. So many sales. I like the bargain bin and as I get older with a larger and larger catalog of games, I'm less and less inclined to buy a $50 title right out of the gate (with rare exceptions).
  • Reviews. I take them all with a grain of salt and read a number of them before making any judgement. Even a "mixed" review game can be good if you discover that the majority of bad reviews are from people with 700+ hours in the game that just don't like a way the game got changed recently.
Something GOG did recently with Galaxy was nice, though, in creating the ability for their platform to link to and discover the games you have on other platforms, allowing you to run them from there. Yeah, it still launches Steam to do it, but I can see all 498 games I have in one place without having to manually create and maintain a unifying platform.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I didn't say Steam didn't have useful features. I use quite a few myself. I said that it also had a lot of useless features. And it's important to keep the context: the point I was originally responding to was that Epic would never have all of Steam's features, and my response was that it didn't need them.
Paradroid wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:19 am If Valve's ownership changed hands, the worst that could happen is they'd stop doing all the nice stuff and become just another storefront - which is what you seem to want anyway?
See, that's where we disagree. First, I'm not just talking about changing ownership (which seems unlikely), I'm talking about leadership, too, and in any corporation a change of leadership is inevitable. Maybe the new leadership takes the same approach, maybe they don't.

No, the worst that could happen is that the company that effectively controls the entire gaming industry could go the way of EA and Bethesda, both of which were very consumer-friendly companies who turned into greedy, anti-consumer cesspits. The core of my position is that when that happens (if), it would be better for everyone if they were a little less powerful. If they were, perhaps, a lead competitor in the market instead of the market itself.
ManAboutNothing

Post by ManAboutNothing »

For a developer's perspective, Steam seems to have changed...a little bit...in the time since I last published a game on there (Sep. 2018). Sales have been better, and i've already 5 or 6 nice interactions there since I launched my new game yesterday.

The biggest oddity: New game sold 57 copies the first DAY, while my VN sold 48 copies the whole first MONTH. I promoted the game exactly the same. I have no idea what I did or didn't do, since I did the same thing. New game is a strategy one, last game was a Visual Novel, maybe that matters that much?

Maybe i've just been lucky, but hey, Steam seems like less of a pool of scum as a developer this go-round, after almost abandoning it for good. As a gamer, I do appreciate the auto updates and various other conveniences, as others have said, but also agree there needs to be more of a balance with regards to game sales portals. It's just Steam, a little Epic and a little GOG and that's... it, really. Makes Steam too powerful in dictating the market, IMHO, especially when its as mercurial with sales and attitude as stated above.
Derek
Very part-time indie developer and full time internet business tinkerer/failure/blunderer
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Paingod wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:08 am
  • The Workshop and built-in mod hosting with immediate updates.
This is certainly one of the more useful features, particularly when games update often breaking mods. Long gone are the days when you have to worry about mods not being up to date. You just have to wait a bit until a mod author releases an update and it's all automatic. I don't even think Epic's store allows for any modibility?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

They've started testing mod support, but only for one title that I'm aware of:

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, built-in mod support is nice. I use it for a few games, although there are a lot that I still mod manually, either because they don't have support, or the mod authors don't use the workshop, or because they tend get updated on Steam later than through other sources. Nexus is still my #1 source of mods.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I don't think this was worth starting a new thread (am I wrong?). From PCGamesN, Uplay is dead, as of Watch Dogs Legion – replaced by Ubisoft Connect
Ubisoft has announced Ubisoft Connect, an “ecosystem of players services for all Ubisoft games across all platforms”. In terms a little less impenetrable, it’s the new name for Uplay, and it’ll unify all of Ubisoft’s cross-game services under a single banner, while offering up some new benefits in the changeover.

Ubisoft Connect launches October 29, alongside the Watch Dogs Legion release date. You’ll still launch all your PC Ubisoft games through Connect, so everything that previously required Uplay will now launch through the new client. Uplay will automatically be updated to the new name, and all your games will remain installed.

Full cross-progression across upcoming Ubisoft games is the big benefit of Uplay Connect. Starting with Hyper Scape, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and Riders Republic, you’ll be able to use your Ubisoft account to keep progress across platforms. Play on PC, switch to consoles where appropriate – it doesn’t matter. Your saves and progression will carry with you, and Ubisoft intends to “support crossplay and cross-progression as standard in as many future titles as possible”.

The new system will also introduce a new in-game overlay on both consoles and PC, a unified Ubisoft friends list across platforms, and a new version of Sam, the AI assistant from a few years back that gives you help when you suck at Rainbow Six Siege.

Ubisoft Connect will offer a similar loyalty reward system to the previous Ubisoft Club, and your units and XP will carry forward. Old challenges on older games are no longer active, so all those little in-game rewards are now completely free – Ubisoft says there are “more than 1,000” newly free in-game items.

You can get more details in the official announcement and FAQ. I doubt many of us will be shedding any tears over the death of Uplay, especially now that Ubisoft is actually using the platform to offer real benefits to players.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wonder what happens to those Ubi points . I spend those on extra game content if I like the game. I have a few hundred stocked up too.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ubisoft Connect will offer a similar loyalty reward system to the previous Ubisoft Club, and your units and XP will carry forward.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Old challenges on older games are no longer active, so all those little in-game rewards are now completely free – Ubisoft says there are “more than 1,000” newly free in-game items.
That's pretty cool. The cynic in me thinks maybe they couldn't figure out how to transfer challenge statuses across, heh. But whatever the reason, there's sure to be some stuff I'll gladly pick up for games like Wildlands.
I no longer post here.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

And they've said that any games that won't be patched to the new system will have everything unlocked upon installation. But what's odd is that some of the more recent ones like Far Cry New Dawn and AC Oddyssey won't be making the switch.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Probably contractual things.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Paradroid wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:45 pm
Old challenges on older games are no longer active, so all those little in-game rewards are now completely free – Ubisoft says there are “more than 1,000” newly free in-game items.
That's pretty cool. The cynic in me thinks maybe they couldn't figure out how to transfer challenge statuses across, heh. But whatever the reason, there's sure to be some stuff I'll gladly pick up for games like Wildlands.
I fired up Wildlands last night and got oodles of free crap, patches, clothes, camo patterns, it took minutes for them to display the info three items at a time. Thought I had won the lottery or some weird "You are the one millionth person to log on this evening" type of thing :lol:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 pmI fired up Wildlands last night and got oodles of free crap, patches, clothes, camo patterns, it took minutes for them to display the info three items at a time. Thought I had won the lottery or some weird "You are the one millionth person to log on this evening" type of thing :lol:
I thought you were joking, but no - it went on for like a minute!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Think my only Ubisoft games on Uplay are Heroes of M&M 6&7.

Wonder if there's anything actually useful in game for either of those (that I didn't buy already). Preferably, 7. Didn't enjoy 6 that much. 7 felt like it captured the traditional mechanics/flavor better.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

99% of the stuff are cosmetics.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:54 pm 99% of the stuff are cosmetics.
Yeah, just how many face paints and silly hats can a guy have? :D

Of course a lot of folks buy the games in part for those cosmetic touches, otherwise Ubisoft wouldn't be spending so much on putting them in the game. Watch Dogs Legion is probably going to go nuts with those items, it is darn near the perfect game for that. Except of course maybe Cyberpunk 2077.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Heres the list of games that will have all rewards unlocked.

Anno 2070
Anno 2205
Anno 1800
Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin’s Creed: Origins
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
Assassin’s Creed: Unity
Child of Light
Far Cry 4
Far Cry 5
Far Cy Primal
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Might & Magic: Heroes VII
Might & Magic X: Legacy
Monopoly Plus
Just Dance 2018
Just Dance 2019
Just Dance 2020
Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Edition
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Tetris Ultimate
The Crew
The Crew 2
The Division
The Setters VII
Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs 2
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"