What are you playing? - Spring Break-ish Edition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

What are you playing? - Spring Break-ish Edition

Post by Blackhawk »

So, the kids are on spring break starting in about two and a half hours. I'm shamelessly stealing this as an excuse to create anther 'what are you playing?' thread. I enjoyed the last one.

----------------

I'm... juggling. I've been in a weird gaming mood lately. I don't think it is burnout so much as it is having too many games that I want to play at once. And since a lot of them are long games, I can't just push through them to get to the next. It's led to an indecisiveness where I keep starting to play one, then wishing I was playing the other. It's annoying. My selection right now is:

~Enderal - the amazing Skyrim TC. Check this one out. It's just a single download from Steam and doesn't require a bunch of modding. The environments are better than Skyrim. The story is better than Skyrim. The completely new skill/leveling system is better than Skyrim. Hell, even the amateur voice acting is at least a match for Skyrim. It is a bit harder than Skyrim, though, at least early on.

~Divinity: Original Sin EE - this is my third attempt. Something about this game always just gets under my skin in a bad way, and i'm not sure what. It isn't just the frustration, either.

~Total War: Warhammer (1) - GreenGoo's fault for making me want to play again. I'm part way into a Wood Elf campaign, and really enjoying it. Given the fact that I've already beaten the campaign with two other factions, this is the one I'm most likely to wait to get back to.

~Of Orcs and Men - Just started it last night. A blend of third person stealth game and super slow-mo (nearly turn-based) tactical action game, depending on which of the two characters you're playing. I'm really, really liking what I've seen so far.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Re: What are you playing? - Spring Break-ish Edition

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have been remiss in trying to keep these started, and generally figured it out on Mondays. :oops:

I'm between games at the moment. I finished up Sniper Elite 4. Going back to Sniper: Ghost Warrior isn't quite grabbing me the same way.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Most of my time has been in Fallout 4 with a tad in Civ 5 & 6. I'm thinking about going with Master of Orion next.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Still grinding to get a full set of i400 gear for my Bard in FF XIV. The end-game grind is getting really tedious though, so we'll see if I make it.

Picked up Vermintide 2 last week, and have been having more fun with that than I expected to.

Been spending most of my time lately with Skyrim on Switch. Been seeing all sorts of new stuff that I never got through on previous playthroughs.

Also hoping to get through a couple more scenarios with either the Temple of Elemental Evil or Legend of Drizzt D&D Adventure System games with Little B 10.0.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Going to try to finish Far Cry 5 this weekend; I'm in the last "area" but I'm really focused on the story quests now as I've seen in the first two the optional stuff is very same-ish.

I'd like to start AC: Origins next but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that level of commitment.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Just finished Pathfinder Part 1 in WoW. Playing Oxygen Not Included and Astroneer. Working on trying to learn Factory Town and Satisfactory. I always have to push past an initial frustration with these types of games so am being patient with them.
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I am currently dabbling in Apex Legends and The Sims 4. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much mileage we've gotten out of The Sims.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Just reached level 50 on a Magicka Templar in Elder Scrolls Online. That combined with my D&D campaign on Fantasy Grounds is pretty much taking up my time.

Apex Legends and PUBG are still lurking in the background as is Railway Empire which I d/l and played a few hours of last week.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Anthem

Maybe Turbo Tax soon.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm Maybe Turbo Tax soon.
Ugh, that one is lurking my backlog as well. Told myself I'd try to get it done this weekend...we'll see.

Definitely not looking forward to it, as I'm going to get hammered this year.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Our Spring Break was last week and I was home for a good bit of it babysitting. The 12yo and I played a bunch of Diablo 3 and I might play some more with him this weekend, but I am pretty hot and heavy in The Division 2 right now, so that will take most of my time. There is a free weekend for World of Warcraft this weekend, but I doubt that will get installed... finally Sekiro released today and I am tempted but so far have avoided buying it while I am still into The Division 2 so much. I might check it out on twitch a bit over the weekend.

TL;DR - The Division 2
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:32 pm ~Enderal - the amazing Skyrim TC. Check this one out. It's just a single download from Steam and doesn't require a bunch of modding. The environments are better than Skyrim. The story is better than Skyrim. The completely new skill/leveling system is better than Skyrim. Hell, even the amateur voice acting is at least a match for Skyrim. It is a bit harder than Skyrim, though, at least early on.
Color me intrigued. I may look at this a bit a well.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:09 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm Maybe Turbo Tax soon.
Ugh, that one is lurking my backlog as well. Told myself I'd try to get it done this weekend...we'll see.

Definitely not looking forward to it, as I'm going to get hammered this year.
It's the only game I pay someone else to play on my behalf (I mean if you ignore the twitch prime sub).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:19 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:32 pm ~Enderal - the amazing Skyrim TC. Check this one out. It's just a single download from Steam and doesn't require a bunch of modding. The environments are better than Skyrim. The story is better than Skyrim. The completely new skill/leveling system is better than Skyrim. Hell, even the amateur voice acting is at least a match for Skyrim. It is a bit harder than Skyrim, though, at least early on.
Color me intrigued. I may look at this a bit a well.
A review by Gopher, one of the better known names in the Skyrim/ES mod scene.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've gotten back into Civ6 since they added the Hall of Fame. I might add the DLCs soon if the price drops. Or I might go back to GalCiv3 and check out the latest patch for that.

In other words, same old same old.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

The Division 2 - I'm up to level 8 and hope to put in some quality time this weekend. I'm really enjoying it (although it should be The Division 1.5 because it's just a very refined and polished version of the first game)

OOTP XX - just released today. I'm debating between creating a 2019 MLB league or creating yet another historical league. I'll probably start with 2019 and see how long it takes to rebuild the Royals

Magic The Gathering: Arena - I've kind of stepped away from this one recently after getting one too many blue denial decks but I'll probably play a bit over the weekend

WoW - I'm an alt-aholic and they just removed the single-realm character limit. Now I have 28 characters on Whisperwind. :oops:
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

The Division 2 - Though this has faded a bit, and I've fallen into the more casual 'play for awhile' sessions, rather than hardcore play time.

Ironcast - I played this a long time ago, and had put it on the shelf. Saw it in the steam library, remembered enjoying it so I re-installed. I play a bit, here or there. (Description from the Steam store page described it as: Puzzlequest meets FTL in this Steampunk Victorian era roguelite.)

Turbo-Tax - I beat this year's version. Time to wait for the sequel.

But the biggie for me is the release Tuesday of MLB the Show 19. I will put a silly number of hours into that game, and this year's version sounds like it might be better than last year's.

Also playing a little Shop Heroes, Civ VI and LOTRO when the mood hits me. And more often than not, trudging along with Star Wars:Galaxy of Heroes.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 pm Most of my time has been in Fallout 4 with a tad in Civ 5 & 6. I'm thinking about going with Master of Orion next.
I'm with you. Been going with Fallout 4 for the last week or two. Imperialism 2 was wonderful for about 2 weeks before that.

Spring Break is 3 weeks away. Who knows what I'll be playing by then?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I did fire up Never Alone for the first time this evening.
dbemont

Post by dbemont »

Splitting my time among

* At DasTactic's instigation, another try at getting into Age of Wonders III with the Empire Building mod.

* Deity Empires - So good, so flawed

* Civ VI - Using Jam's Difficulty Mod, which makes the early game just a tad less interesting, but has been extending the length of games for me, such that I actually get to the Modern Era

* Alliance of the Sacred Suns (although mostly just looking around in fascination, too many systems yet to come for me to want to commit to a full game)

* All the while, reading up on the updates to Star Traders: Frontiers, getting ready to jump back in

* And, of course, I am always playing Out of the Park Baseball in its online league form.

But the weekly updates on Spire of Sorcery have me licking my chops. Early Access is only a month or so away, and I think this is affecting my ability to concentrate on other games. :) Kind of silly because, even though I believe the game will be a masterpiece, it is probably a year away from being fully baked.
Commish of OOTP online league Dog Days Baseball
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pushing cardboard and rolling dice in anger over Downtown.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Playing Sekiro, Hearthstone, and Civ VI (all DLCs). Great gaming for each.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Total Warhammer I and II, currently.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm mostly spending my time with The Division 2, but I also have a Vampire Coast campaign on the go in Total War: Warhammer 2, and for some unfathomable reason I suddenly had the urge to start another run through Bloodlines, so I did.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Picked it up on a $20 sale and have been having a blast with it. It's like a Far Cry game with cooler combat.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm not sure who to be more annoyed at here: Monolith Soft or Gamestop.

Monolith Soft developed the excellent JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles 2. About a year later, they came out with an expansion/prequel called Torna: The Golden Country that was very well received. I had burned out on the original game, so I didn't bother with the xpac when it was released. Fast forward a year, and I'm ready to jump back in.

Now for the mess. The xpac is sold digitally for $30 as part of a "Season Pass" DLC package for owners of the original. However, it is also sold as a physical stand-alone game that doesn't require you to have the original for $40. I sold off the original game, but was pretty stoked to hear there was a stand-alone version available. My local GameStop says they have it in stock, so I run over to pick it up.

Turns out, what GameStop is selling is not actually the physical stand-alone copy of the game like their website says. They're selling a case that has a code for the DLC version inside...which requires you to have the original game. :roll:

EDIT: Scratch that. Turns out you can buy the digital stand-alone version on the Switch e-shop. There's a tiny bullet point at the very bottom of the product listing in the e-shop that says "The main Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game is not needed to play this content and is not included".

Of course, that is followed immediately by another bullet which says "Both the retail and digital editions of this content contain a download code for the XC2 Expansion pass. Expansion Pass content is only playable with the XC2 game, which is sold separately". Gee, thanks for being clear as mud about this.

I'm giving it a shot, and hopefully I'll able to play it without the base game. Will report back in an hour once it's downloaded.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I just finished the campaign for BattleTech a couple days ago. Looking into mods and giving career mode a shot, or may move on to something else (maybe TW:Warhammer II or Gal Civ 3 with some newer DLC since the last time I played).
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I played a little bit of Fallout 4 yesterday. Yes, still playing it. Starting to get a little bored finding things to do, so I guess I’ll get back to the main quest line.

Other than that, I’ve been painting minis almost every day.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Just finished Metro: Exodus.

Was an enjoyable ride. Now tryin g to figure out whats next. Want something different. May try Devil May Cry 5.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Kraken wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:30 pm I've gotten back into Civ6 since they added the Hall of Fame. I might add the DLCs soon if the price drops. Or I might go back to GalCiv3 and check out the latest patch for that.

In other words, same old same old.
Same here. Almost done with game 3 of Civ 6 since the add-on and might have time for one more before gaming season ends.

it helps some that my wife decided to take over the kid's playroom. There is still much work to do, but at the moment, the kids have simply recreated the mountain of toys down in the basement where my computer is. I won't have to wait for those rare moments when they nap on weekends or, even more rare, go to bed on time. I can now go down and play on the computer while ostensibly watching them.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

My newer stuff isn't holding me and nothing shiny is screaming at me to buy it right now or pay for DLC right now.

As a result. I play a few rounds of Magic the Arena every day. I put HoMM3 on a memory stick via GOG replacement of my old CDs and occasionally pop the stick in to some machine or another. I started this when I started getting semimonthly 4 hour chemical infusions at a lab to treat my Crones. I also just put down my down time at home playing RimWord and started playing RRTII again. We'll see how long it holds my attention. I was hoping the Kalypso railroad game would replace it but ultimately, I think the AI was no advancement, and the market/investment aspect of the Kalypso game was pretty much a complete failure. It's too bad, a little bit of a living track laying AI and RRTII or better stock market and I think that game would have hooked me and seen me buying all their nickel and dime DLC as well.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Thought i would actually play OOTP XX.....and try and start as the expansion Mets. But the expectations are that I make the playoffs....WTF? So i will no doubt be fired as I lose 100 games.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

For the first time since I got married nearly 6 years ago, my wife is taking an extended vacation to go to the Star Wars Celebration in Chicago for a week, and I get the house to myself for 7 glorious days, of which I have 5 off work.

I've been working on a list of games I'm planning to get some time in with, in no particular order:
Warhammer: Total War (I have a High Elf game currently going, but I might switch up to a Skaven faction to get a little practice in before the DLC comes out)
Division 2
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Grim Dawn
Stellaris
Hearts of Iron 4
Borderlands Remastered
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm still going crazy with Fallout 4. Been using the cheat terminal. Nothing like starting out with max lockpick available.
Put some more time into Civ 5.
Got a couple of DLCs for Panzercorps so I'll be getting into that.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949