Outward - Survival RPG

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Outward - Survival RPG

Post by coopasonic »

I've seen a little video overview of this and I am intrigued. I am wondering if anyone is going to pull the trigger. I am still busy with other games, but it is staying on my list.

Like I mentioned in the title it looks like an RPG with survival elements and if I am remembering correctly, you don't play some fantastical hero, you play a regular person. It's an interesting idea, but not quite enough to get me to bite right away. Oh it also supports both online and couch co-op (split screen - remember that?).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Re: Outward - Survival RPG

Post by GreenGoo »

I like the idea. Haven't seen the video so no idea on the gameplay. The price puts it out of reach for now. I'm interested in impressions though.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

I've been watching some streams of this today. Looks brutal. Jury is still out for me.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I'm on the fence. Not sure what platform to get it for, if I do....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

So no one got into this, huh?
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

I got it when it came out, and ended up beating it. It was rough around the edges, and the main story (at least the path that I chose) was no great shakes, but it was a fun and alien world to explore, and its quirkiness was endearing.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The OP Steam description reminds me of a sci-fi Robinson Crusoe type survival game on DOS in the early 1990s. I cant find it online though to get the exact name. Thought it had the name of Crusoe or Robinson in it. Guess not.

EDIT: Found it. Robinson's Requiem

Enlarge Image

I remember being very interested in the concept at the time and read the box each time I went to the Software Etc in the mall but never got it as I heard some bad stuff on it like bugs and difficulty.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:52 pm I got it when it came out, and ended up beating it. It was rough around the edges, and the main story (at least the path that I chose) was no great shakes, but it was a fun and alien world to explore, and its quirkiness was endearing.
I've seen a lot of comparisons to Dark Souls regarding the combat difficulty. If you played Dark Souls, do you think those comparisons are valid?
morlac

Post by morlac »

Its similar in lethality but not as deep. The jankiness makes it harder than it should be.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Ugh, that doesn't sound good. Wish there was a demo.