Borderlands 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymon

Re: Borderlands 3

Post by Jaymon »

One of the enemies in Love Guns and Tentacles has damage that bypasses shields. Maybe more than one enemy, its hard to tell. Deathless is not useful there.

Also, if you use something that projects your shield forward, then you become vulnerable to splash, and side/rear attacks, because your shield is no longer covering "all of you"
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Thread resurrection.

So many posts to sort through.

Did anyone use green guns at all after first few levels? I have so many purple and blue guns that it is hard to keep track and hard to know what to keep. I am level 36 and have used the same 3 weapons for many levels now- all legendary.

Is there an actual good use for particle beam sniper rifles? The power up seems to interrupt the flow of move and shoot to where it isn't effective.

Penn and Teller was my latest surprise...as i was chasing that behemoth rig around the desert I was sure I recognized that voice. Dudes didn't cough up very good loot though....as that is where i stopped last night after rescuing Tanis
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Green items? I can't recall the last time I used a green item. Honestly, I don't think I even look at their stats. I rarely use anything that doesn't have red text (and thus a bonus feature). Though at really early levels I obviously was less picky. I'm fairly certain that green, blue, and most purple items are just there to provide you money. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

As an aside, try to avoid keeping more than, maybe, a couple of guns in your inventory. I only keep guns that either meet a specific need, or use a different kind of ammo. Mostly I find switching to be unlikely to happen (probably because I don't think of it in combat). For instance, I might keep a decent corrosive weapon just in case I run into a bunch of robots. But generally I find the "best" weapons, equip them, and sell the rest. You definitely want to move away from hoarding/holding onto weapons. While you are leveling, most weapons lose their effectiveness once they fall a few levels behind. And to forestall the inevitable "I used xxxx weapon for 27 levels and it ruled!!!1!!", I mean in respect to other weapons. i.e. if you are using a weapon that is 5 levels lower than your current content, then even though it is killing mobs, it is likely that you can find a different weapon that will be more effective.

Finally, many of us keep way too many weapons in the bank.... so if you find yourself struggling, give a shout and I can see if I have a legendary or two that I can cough up to help you get going again.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Thanks. I am selling all blues. The legendary pistol I use is many levels below me but oh mamma does it kill things quick. I keep trying on other pistols but this thing does splash damage out the yazoo.....it has occasionally killed me when I fire at too close a range.

I will take your advice on gun hoarding though legendary guns may go in the vault for my other characters.

Nice little trick they pulled with what I thought was the ending of killing the twins and the "to be continued in 4...".

Not enough Tiny Tina so far....she was the best part of pre-sequel
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

and finished first play-through......quite a ride. Not sure how I survived the Tyreen fight and I had a hell of time climbing her back but my legendary lvl 22 pistol took me to the end.....nothing I have found beats that damn pistol, one bullet branches into several and hits with a lot of explosive power.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Which pistol? That doesn't sound familiar. Unless you are talking about the Devils Foursum. Which is indeed pretty awesome when it connects. But I don't like having to try and find the right range.

Black Lives Matter

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Oozing potent Roison's Thorns - lvl 25. 715 damage,73% accuracy, +101 splash, +180% weapon damage, +69% proj speed. I had the amaya - damage greter the closer you are to target.....it was pure explosive mayhem
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ah. Right. That gun is consistently rated higher (i.e. score) than other pistols it's level. Not great for distance, but very destructive up close. Just be careful if you strafe a lot. I've taken myself out more than once by firing while strafing, only to have a sign post or something pop up between me and the target.... And to make it worse, I have a splash build for my Moze. Ah, the joy of one-shotting yourself from full health.

Black Lives Matter

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Lol, been there done that and got the t-shirt more than once.....but oh mamma is that pistol great and it si still kicking ass in TVHM for now
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I probably have a half-dozen or so of those tucked away in the bank. Of varying levels. :D

Black Lives Matter

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I bought this when it first came out and barely played it. Just grabbed the season 1 dlc and plan on diving in a bit tonight. There was so much negativity about the storyline that I think it killed my urge to play. I need to learn to ignore people.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

TheMix wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:06 pm I probably have a half-dozen or so of those tucked away in the bank. Of varying levels. :D
I likely do as well. Or on one of my dozen mules.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Octavious wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:44 am There was so much negativity about the storyline that I think it killed my urge to play. I need to learn to ignore people.
What was the storyline in Diablo 2 again? Something about chasing a bad guy.

Some games are reliant on a solid story. This isn't one of them.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

It definitely didn't grab me like BL2. But that doesn't mean I haven't gotten my money's worth. There is still a ton to enjoy. I'm going through one of the DLCs right now, and it's laugh out loud funny at times. It's like a Western that is narrated like The Dukes of Hazzard... if the narrator were Matthew McConaughey.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:27 am What was the storyline in Diablo 2 again? Something about chasing a bad guy.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I thought the story was okay. Looking forward to the DLC. Are all the mission available on Sanctuary DLCs or are they are part of baseline BL3?

I think the shear number of blue and purple weapons that drop from the very start kinda make loot not as important other than selling. Basically you wait for a legendary drop for every slot

Did everyone else spend a lot of time on the game in Tanis quarters? I have over 300K points for those bouses
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I have a bunch of points (though not that many). But I never remember to spend them on the bonuses.

The quests on Sanctuary that have the squares around them are initial DLC starter quests. Any that don't you should be able to do with just the base game.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, I spent like half an hour early on just spamming the minigame and got enough points to last me forever. Which I also never remember to spend.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:27 am
Octavious wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:44 am There was so much negativity about the storyline that I think it killed my urge to play. I need to learn to ignore people.
What was the storyline in Diablo 2 again? Something about chasing a bad guy.

Some games are reliant on a solid story. This isn't one of them.
Ya I don't even care that much about the story. It was that and people bitching about it being Epic only. Again I need to learn how to ignore people. I'll probably have a blast playing it this week. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:10 am Yeah, I spent like half an hour early on just spamming the minigame and got enough points to last me forever. Which I also never remember to spend.
I am now remembering to spend my 300K points......who can ever have enough Butt Stallion?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Had issues with it crashing all the time. Seems to not like it being in fullscreen. Might have something to do with the dual monitors shrug... The game looks amazing with hdr on.

Anyone that tells you that hdr 400 is fake hdr can piss off. It is like night and day when you turn it on with this game. My tv can do like 1,000 nits so it's nowhere near as bright as that, but damn it makes the game pop.

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Finished first play through with Fl4K. Powered by the same damn pistol as before but also a total badass SMG courtesy of Butt Stallion milk.

I am doing TVHM and mayhem level one and it seems easier than my very first play through and was expecting to it to be harder not easier.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Don't forget, all they did was level up - more health, more damage. But you picked up a ton of skills that boost your character in a bunch of ways. And you have fancy gear. If you are knocking it out of the park, definitely up the Mayhem level some more. Higher Mayhem will mean more Badasses in addition to more health and damage. And they will get the Mayhem boosts (those can be mitigated a bit by picking ones that don't have as much impact, obviously).

Friend and I have been playing Mayhem 7 for a while and mostly cleaning up. But I'm a bit afraid of the jump to 8. It'll be a lot more difficult to avoid nasty Mayhem effects.

Black Lives Matter

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

okay Mayhem level 2 or 3 here I come.

Now that I have played them all I think I like pre-Sequel the best just because of the Tiny Tina commentary. Plus low gravity!

I have enjoyed them all immensely though. only complaint about BL3 is that it doesn't make me feel much for the characters I play while I felt like the others had much more dialog specific to the character.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Borderlands 3 is like strength training. When the exercise starts to feel like you don't have to work much, add five pounds.

When the game feels like you don't have to work to much to win, up the mayhem level. Each time you bump it you'll get better gear, which will let you bump it a little more.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Went up to mayhem 2 and definitely harder and strangely even with butt stallion legendary drops are not happening so much....not like it has been when I drink ambrosia of butt stallion
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

B3 is on sale, with ultimate edition (base + both season passes) at $50. I am tempted, but I already have too many backlog games. :-\
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Killing Joey Ultraviolet on Mayhem lvl 2 was more like a siege than a gun-fight.....my pet was reviving me a lot, thank goodness they did not target good ole Buttmunch. Taking on Joey with another character but no mayhem level was pretty easy. Guess I need better weapons for true mayhem....and yeah I did try out different damage types but his yellow blocks of shield went down soooo slowly.

Anyone see their graphics or at least the map resize with this latest update? All the selectors for map/inventory etc. are now almost off the screen and I see no way to resize the screen....i can resize the map but not the whole screen.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I didn't notice any changes with the HUD. Sorry.

Did you try corrosive? That should help with armor (yellow). Also, I assume you are aware that you can't damage him until the 2 lieutenants are dead.

Took him down with a friend on Saturday night at Mayhem 7. It was definitely a crazy fight. We were both running Mozes with splash damage builds. The small space makes that build a bit hairy.

Black Lives Matter

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

With Buttmunch reviving me and never dying I probably spent 10 minutes in this fight.....maybe more. Pretty sure I tried corrosive, hell I had time to try everything.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

arise thread - I never knew BL3 had flame throwers which is my new favorite weapon. I have played over 300 hours and never knew or used a flamethrower.....I wonder what else is out there I have never used.

Doing the Moxxi's heist on mayhem 3 and took out a boss that was lvl 56 with a lvl 42 corrosive assault weapon. I guess I will find another surprise in another 300 hours.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got this free on Epic the other week Just now installing Doubt Ill try to do a full play this install but wanted to see how it is
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

If you are looking for the most survivable I recommend Fl4K and getting to where you pet can revive you. Good ole Buttmunch just revived me over and over in the last Moxxi's Heist fight
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Jaddison wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:56 am arise thread - I never knew BL3 had flame throwers which is my new favorite weapon. I have played over 300 hours and never knew or used a flamethrower.....I wonder what else is out there I have never used.
I did not know that either. I did get the Doom shotgun from some random enemy though, it plays a heavy metal riff when you fire it and just gibs anything in front of it.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I had no idea the Tediore Longmusket was a flamethrower....to me, longmusket does not equal flamethrower. Imagine my surprise when I equipped it and then started melting faces
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Jaddison wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:38 am I had no idea the Tediore Longmusket was a flamethrower....to me, longmusket does not equal flamethrower. Imagine my surprise when I equipped it and then started melting faces
Ah. Right! I was trying to remember if I'd seen any flamethrowers. That gun is awesome. But, inevitably, I always end up swapping it out because the range is so short. But for up-close-and-personal it is pure destruction. Though it's also fun to do an early reload to watch it chase enemies around.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just started this. Picked FL4K as suggested. Played to getting our base. Picked the Skag as the first pet. May get the others as I go. Not sure Ill reach the bottom of a skill tree and get the super skill if Im putting points into all 3 trees. Shall see.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:00 pm Just started this. Picked FL4K as suggested. Played to getting our base. Picked the Skag as the first pet. May get the others as I go. Not sure Ill reach the bottom of a skill tree and get the super skill if Im putting points into all 3 trees. Shall see.
You can get the capstone in two trees and still have points left over. Enjoy.

I don't know if it has changed since I last played a year or so ago, but it used to be that the jabber was the go-to pet, mostly because the AI sucked and the pet was always getting killed, and often went loony when there were flying enemies they couldn't reach. Since the jabber is a ranged attacker, he stays back with you, ready to pick you up when necessary, and doesn't have trouble with fliers.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

I've done both pets and the tankish pet is my favorite as he is one survivable SOB and revives me over and over and over again. The jabber is cool but just a tad less survivable. I think the tank pet draws aggro the jabber not so much. Plus the tank pees on things, anytime anywhere.