Borderlands 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Borderlands 3 announced, trailer, no date. Also: remasters of all three originals

Post by Isgrimnur »

Glad to help.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Re: Borderlands 3 announced, trailer, no date. Also: remasters of all three originals

Post by Blackhawk »

Warning: This sucker is packed full of spoilers for Tales from the Borderlands. Which I have not played. :evil:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thanks for taking one for the team. Should I push the PreSequel to the front of the line as well?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:47 pm Warning: This sucker is packed full of spoilers for Tales from the Borderlands. Which I have not played. :evil:
My son loved it. I think he played it more than the actual borderlands games. I should probably give it a try.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 pm Thanks for taking one for the team. Should I push the PreSequel to the front of the line as well?
So far, from what I've played, you'll revisit an area from the Pre-Sequel 'after the events of' that brings back a few memories, but I don't think you'd miss much if you didn't recognize it.

I'm guessing that the four of us (me, BadDemo, Bob, and Brian) are probably 2/3 of the way through. It's great to see a few favorite characters from the originals, and they're back in top form. There was a very brief quote from Claptrap, too, that I'm guessing was the new voice actor. He didn't really say enough to get a bead on it, though. I'm having fun so far. It's very Borderlands.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

It sounded like Mordecai was voiced by a new actor as well.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Just a reminder that the final BL2 DLC is only going to be available at the low, low price of free until 8 July.

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Thanks. Didn't realize there was a time limit in place.
stessier

Post by stessier »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm Thanks. Didn't realize there was a time limit in place.
+1
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It only took my son and I about 3 hours to burn through it (on whatever the second play-through is called {Totally Ultimate Truly Final Vault Hunter Mode}).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:37 pm Just a reminder that the final BL2 DLC is only going to be available at the low, low price of free until 8 July.

Thanks for the reminder. I just went over to check this out and then looked at the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection BUNDLE. It's 97% off. I have most of the major items, but for $2.85 USD more I can get every silly bit of the game.
Last edited by jztemple2 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ooohhh. *runs off to check*

$2.81CAD for 33 items of the 52 included in the pack (I had 19 of them it seems). Done!

...even though I usually detest paying money for purely cosmetic items.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

According to Steam, I've owned everything that ended up in The Handsome Collection since Oct 2014. Completing all the BL2 DLC only cost me USD $12.88 at the time, so I'm guessing it must have been on a deep discount to promote the release of the Pre-Sequel that month. But not quite 97% off, most likely.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
naednek

Post by naednek »

checked my dlc list to make sure it's listed and in the list it states it was released in 2012...

Enlarge Image
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Handsome Collection for $3 at GMG right now
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The new Claptrap sounds fine to me.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well he did tell him not to shoot anything else. Coulda saved him :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ah, Claptrap, centerpiece of my Deluxe Edition bonuses collection:

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Brian

Post by Brian »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:49 am The new Claptrap sounds fine to me.

[Snip]
Steve!!! HeyOOOOOOO!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Claptrap sounds fine. I can tell the difference, but it's subtle. After an evening with the game, it won't even be noticeable.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I owned the original Borderlands on Xbox 360 but never got it on the PC. I just checked and the only version available, Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, is only 33% off during the Sale. Seems weird since the the next two games are 75% off. I mean, sheesh, it was released ten years ago :doh:
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

And the Handsome Collection is 97% off.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've signed up for the Borderlands 3 VIP rewards which in addition to getting me more loot for BL3 when it is released, also gave me ways to get Golden Keys for BL2 and BLTPS. So I've re-re-reinstalled BL2 and am playing through it again, since I have 274 keys to burn :wink:.

I guess I'll be getting BL3 when it comes out, even though it is on Epic :roll:. I hate PC exclusives. The least Epic could do is force Rockstar to release Red Redemption 2 for the PC through their store.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Brian

Post by Brian »

Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhh. OK.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

That trailer is freaking awesome. I hope that is the tone of the game.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 am I've signed up for the Borderlands 3 VIP rewards which in addition to getting me more loot for BL3 when it is released, also gave me ways to get Golden Keys for BL2 and BLTPS. So I've re-re-reinstalled BL2 and am playing through it again, since I have 274 keys to burn :wink:.

I guess I'll be getting BL3 when it comes out, even though it is on Epic :roll:. I hate PC exclusives. The least Epic could do is force Rockstar to release Red Redemption 2 for the PC through their store.
I've been re-playing BL2 as well and just finished the first playthrough. Trying to make an Infinity pistol Anarchy build for Gaige.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I have a bunch of Infinity pistols of various levels. Let me know if you want one. A lot depends on what level you want/need.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

TheMix wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:56 pm I have a bunch of Infinity pistols of various levels. Let me know if you want one. A lot depends on what level you want/need.
Thanks. I'm level 32 right now. I'm on PS4 so that might complicate things, huh?
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:40 pm
TheMix wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:56 pm I have a bunch of Infinity pistols of various levels. Let me know if you want one. A lot depends on what level you want/need.
Thanks. I'm level 32 right now. I'm on PS4 so that might complicate things, huh?
Oh. Yeah. Probably. I don't think we will be able to connect. Sorry.

Black Lives Matter

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

TheMix wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:40 pm
Oh. Yeah. Probably. I don't think we will be able to connect. Sorry.
No worries, thanks for the offer.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

There was a way to farm him without having to fight through all the riff-raff, but I was trying it the other night and couldn't get it to work. So either I lost my mojo or they changed it. Before you could run over that geyser in front of the motel, and if you timed it right, it would throw you up and forward, allowing you to land near him. If you can get it working, it makes farming for the pistol a lot easier. Of course, you also need to be able to kill him easily. :D

Black Lives Matter

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Are you referring to Doc McCoy? I'll try that trick, but I'm usually so bad at pulling off those maneuvers that it's quicker to go through the riff-raff. Plus, Anarchy.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

When I was farming him previously I actually got pretty good at it. I could probably nail it about 30% of the time. But either I suck now or they changed something. I gave up the other day after trying for like 10 minutes.

Black Lives Matter

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's still possible and way easier that I imagined. It just involves standing on the rim of the geyser toward Mercy and waiting for it to blow. I get it about 90% of the time. I tried about 20 times with no luck. I'll wait until I'm higher level before I try again.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Moze. Had to grimace when the mechs ran from the falling building and ran straight away the length of it instead of simply sidestepping out of the way.

raydude

Post by raydude »

So I defeated the big bad in the Commander Lilith DLC, got to the credits scene, and hit "ESC" twice. Turns out I was treated to a split second of what looked like loot lying on the ground around the end boss then the "after cut-scene".

Can someone tell me if I ESCed my way out of some cool end boss loot? If so, AAAAAAAAARGHH! Who the hell decided that escaping out of the loot gathering phase was a good idea? OMG!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Eden 6 the planet the game takes place on.

*Giddy schoolgirl voice* FL4K is so cool!