Borderlands 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Borderlands 3 announced, trailer, no date. Also: remasters of all three originals

Post by jztemple2 »

I might be getting this game after all. Turns out that Green Man Gaming (my go to site for game discounts) has keys for sale for B3, all versions. And I just got a notification that I have an 18% off voucher good for the next couple of weeks and it can be used on B3.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Re: Borderlands 3 announced, trailer, no date. Also: remasters of all three originals

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm I might be getting this game after all. Turns out that Green Man Gaming (my go to site for game discounts) has keys for sale for B3, all versions. And I just got a notification that I have an 18% off voucher good for the next couple of weeks and it can be used on B3.
Yeah, too bad I already paid full price for it. :P Good news is I can get a discount on a copy for the kiddo.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
naednek

Post by naednek »

so time to change the title, we have a release date...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Re: Borderlands 3

Post by Daehawk »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I pre-ordered through Green Man Gaming to get my 18% discount. I didn't finish Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel , but I put in over 40 hours on it so I guess I'll get something out of the purchase.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Does anyone care? I do, a little... You won’t be able to pre-load Borderlands 3 on the Epic store
If you need to play the PC version of Borderlands 3 the instant it launches, here’s a bit of bad news: the Epic Games store will not support pre-loading by the Borderlands 3 release date. Epic boss Tim Sweeney has confirmed the news on Twitter, which will no doubt add yet another dose of gasoline to the burning fire of discourse around the platform.

In response to a fan’s inquiry, Sweeney tweets “I’m sorry, we won’t have support for pre-loading in the Borderlands release timeframe.” Pre-loading does technically exist for some third-party titles on the store, but Sweeney follows up to say “it’s complicated. We’ve released support for file preloading which is sufficient for some games, but we aren’t certain it’s up to the demands of a blockbuster like Borderlands.”
I think it just means it's going to be a mess on launch day.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How hard can it be to let you download something but keep it from running for a bit?
stessier

Post by stessier »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm I think it just means it's going to be a mess on launch day.
I would bet it would be a mess at least through the weekend.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

stessier wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 am
jztemple2 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:10 pm I think it just means it's going to be a mess on launch day.
It's not an MMO and these are the Fortnite people, you'd think they could handle a spike in download demand.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 am
stessier wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 am
It's not an MMO and these are the Fortnite people, you'd think they could handle a spike in download demand.
Steam still occasionally has issues even with allowing preloading. I would think a platforms first big release is going to be epically bad.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Well, I used the coupon code and pre-ordered this one. Did finish the first one. Got midway through the second one numerous times (including a recent attempt). Finally got around to buying the Pre-Sequel thing when they were virtually giving the old games away to promo the new one. Might make a push to finish 2 in the next few weeks so I'm more or less up to speed.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

More stuff to talk about... from PCGamesN, Borderlands 3 will use Denuvo
The release of Borderlands 3 is impending, and its PC deployment has brought along no shortage of controversy. It’ll be a timed exclusive to the Epic Games store, and now we know Borderlands 3 will make use of that most derided DRM solution: Denuvo anti-tamper.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why bother it will be ripped in 3 days.
stessier

Post by stessier »

That's a pretty good reason to wait for the Steam release. It's what, March next year?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Steam has plenty of Denuvo games. If they're hell-bent on that crap, there's no reason to believe it won't be on Steam, too.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:26 am Steam has plenty of Denuvo games. If they're hell-bent on that crap, there's no reason to believe it won't be on Steam, too.
For anyone that is curious.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

All that reloading those players do was starting to piss me off until I realized I do it that much too. Also hearing Ice-T voice work was cool. Funny where they stuck him lolz.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another video, 6+ minutes of overviews of characters, enemies and gameplay:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Epic Games Store 48 hour preloads of Borderlands 3.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/203342/bord ... c-preloads
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:28 am Epic Games Store 48 hour preloads of Borderlands 3.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/203342/bord ... c-preloads
This is the real news:
September 12, 2019 - 19:00 EDT
Expect EPIC to be crushed at the time, but that's a pretty early for a 9/13 release. Note that is for the PC release. XBOne and PS4 release is five hours later at midnight eastern in the us.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Launch trailer, a little early:

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Tiny Tina, front and center at the Apocalypse Party. Noice!
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The reviews are rolling in. Consensus seems to be at about 90%.

Except for PC Gamer. PC Gamer hated it and gave it a 63. All I can glean from the review was that the author thought it was dated and not trendy enough.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:11 pm The reviews are rolling in. Consensus seems to be at about 90%.

Except for PC Gamer. PC Gamer hated it and gave it a 63. All I can glean from the review was that the author thought it was dated and not trendy enough.
I hate trendy. I loved dated. I'm dated and I'm certainly not trendy :D

Now I'm just waiting for my Green Man Gaming key...
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I pre-ordered for the PS4. Anyone else getting it for PS4?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Nope, PC for me.

The Polygon review starts with
. Players who just want more Borderlands will likely be happy with Borderlands 3
Yup :D
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:11 pm The reviews are rolling in. Consensus seems to be at about 90%.

I just saw this on Kotaku:
In the case of Borderlands 3, which comes out Friday for PC and consoles, things are unusual. Rather than sending out codes for the game, 2K gave reviewers special Epic Games Store accounts loaded up with early, work-in-progress builds of Borderlands 3—a bizarre scenario that we’ve never seen before. As Polygon explained in their review:

2K Games and Gearbox didn’t send out review codes for Borderlands 3. Instead, they set reviewers up with new Epic Games Store accounts with the game unlocked, and gave us a few warnings about the game being a work in progress. They asked us to stay away from the DirectX 12 implementation, for example, and told us that our progress in these builds may or may not carry over to the final game.
They're being asked to review WIP builds for publication? WTH?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I seem to recall this happening back before digital distribution was common, but it seems rather iffy now. Well, I've already pre-ordered based upon the past performance of the developers. What could possibly go wrong?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I love Borderlands, I preordered 3, but I'm really starting to dislike Gearbox.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Blackhawk wrote:The reviews are rolling in. Consensus seems to be at about 90%.

Seemed like they mainly disliked the story and the juvenile humor. But it read like they really like the gameplay. The story has never been the main draw of Borderlands to me, so that criticism doesn’t bother me much.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Liked seeing Tiny Tina is the launch video. She is great. Looks older now.

Love that its backed by Queen's Seven Seas of Rhye.
morlac

Post by morlac »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:32 pm Nope, PC for me.

The Polygon review starts with
. Players who just want more Borderlands will likely be happy with Borderlands 3
Yup :D
Meh, I got burnt out on the first one and didn't realize it until trying to force myself to complete #2. I just recently tried again and fizzled out pretty early again. I recall #2 coming out pretty soon after the first which helped with my fatigue. I did adore #1 and played the hell out of it. I'll get this eventually but can't seem to get hyped for it and buy in at launch.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My issue with replaying games is more to do with story and setting rather than gameplay. I also recently tried replaying BL2 but after a few hours I got tired of not seeing any new places or new characters. It is also probably why I never re-read any books.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Says the man that plays racing games.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 am Says the man that plays racing games.
Me? I've rather burned out on racing games too. I've passed on the new F1, DiRT 2 and I'll probably not even bother with the new Grid.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What if it lets you turn right? :wink:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:51 am What if it lets you turn right? :wink:
??? All those games let me turn right. :mrgreen:
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I tried replaying/restarting BL2 to get ready for the one game, but never finished. I didn't really get worn out playing, I just had other things distracting me. (So a step up from game fatigue?).

Hoping the new game hooks me for awhile, to at least get my money's worth. Hope to sometime finish 2 and 3 at least once. Won't bother to replay. Shooting everything again, at a harder level, just bores me.