[mobile] Egypt: Old Kingdom

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

AWS260

[mobile] Egypt: Old Kingdom

Post by AWS260 »

I've been playing Egypt: Old Kingdom for the past day or so on my phone. While I haven't finished my first game, I've been enjoying it enough to drop a recommendation here.

It's a pretty straightforward civilization-builder: you explore lands, assign workers, build facilities, and research a tech tree. The interface works well on my phone (a Pixel 3). What really sets it apart is the theme. It's closely grounded in the history of the period, with regional tribes gradually cohering to form what we recognize as ancient Egyptian civilization. Most of the events that you have the react to are based on actual moments in history.

If you believe that the Pyramids were built by aliens or that mummies can rise from the dead, there are variants for those two scenarios (I haven't tried them).

Pocket Tactics review (with some screenshots) here.
Jolor

Re: [mobile] Egypt: Old Kingdom

Post by Jolor »

Thought it familiar so I checked; brought to us from the same developers that published 'Predynastic Egypt' in 2016. I've played that via Steam (so not mobile) and really enjoyed it. I see that it, too, is available for Android.

This looks like it's building on the first game and taking you to the next major historical period. Great to see the series continue and also great to read that 'Old Kingdom' is enjoyable.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.