Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

Post by jztemple2 »

Also, the Community Survey is now live. It asks for input on the game, areas where you would like to see changes, plus some player info like what game genres you prefer and the usual age and what games you own.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New Chapter 3 in the Faction Missions:

Faction Missions: Chapter 3

A DEADLY TRAP
A strain of the Chikungunya virus is set to hit the island and put Erewhon at risk. Help Homesteaders prepare and gather supplies to survive this.

WHISTLEBLOWER
A list of potential rebels has leaked from Sentinel and now the names are on a priority hit list. Cover their tracks and help them reach the Outcasts.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I jumped in this morning and ran the one-off A Deadly Trap and Whistleblower missions. After playing nothing but RDR2 for the last week, the gun handling, shooting and movement in Breakpoint felt really, really good in comparison.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I played a mix of faction, main and side missions today. Still having fun. I've noted the relaxing of the stamina rules, but I never considered it a problem before, it was just one of those constraints that you worked with.

I probably could step up from Regular to a higher difficulty, but I really don't want to have to replay missions. I also could turn off parts of the HUD, or nerf my mini-radar, but even with these aids on I still feel like I'm barely keeping ahead of the enemy sometimes. That's good, it keep the game a challenge.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I just love these little touches; this is an automated billboard in a residence area:

Nomad doesn't like being snowed on:

So many cool things on display; Skell really does good PR work:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Nothing pisses off a Behemoth than sneaking onto the tower it is protecting to loot it and then running away and jumping off a low cliff so the Behemoth can't follow. This Behemoth has been tossing rockets at a point I left about ten minutes ago. I love messing with them :D

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I think my personal favorite was sniping one from halfway across the base that it was protecting. I did learn a few times not to let it actually get full acq, as its machine guns went through the wall like a hot knife through butter.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Does this sniper rifle make my butt look big?

Why does an electric motorcycle have a fuel tank?

I have no idea what this is, but I didn't shoot it :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hey, you can now get protein by shooting any animals, not just birds. I can finally craft more items!

naednek

Post by naednek »

I have this game, but it's gonna be a chore to obtain...

I bought a AMD 580 video card for my son's hand me down PC... The bundled free games they are offering are not appropriate for him to play so I'm taking it :) In order to claim the game AMD wants me to install the video card and download a file that proves that I own the card...

WTF.

Here's what Nvidia does... I input the code that newegg gave me into GEFORCE Experience. I link up Battlenet, and I got Call of Duty added to my library. That's it.

Why make this so difficult.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

naednek wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:49 pm I have this game, but it's gonna be a chore to obtain...

I bought a AMD 580 video card for my son's hand me down PC... The bundled free games they are offering are not appropriate for him to play so I'm taking it :) In order to claim the game AMD wants me to install the video card and download a file that proves that I own the card...

WTF.

Here's what Nvidia does... I input the code that newegg gave me into GEFORCE Experience. I link up Battlenet, and I got Call of Duty added to my library. That's it.

Why make this so difficult.
Not sure if it's linked to an account or not, but can you do the thing on your son's pc, then remove your account and try loading it on your pc on your account?
Or is the game itself locked to a PC with their card? If so, that's a horrible decision.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Finished the main campaign:

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nice.

I may come back to this one at a later date, post boardgame and turkey holidays.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm still playing, knocking out a side mission every evening or so. There are still quite a number of bases/camps/facilities I haven't visited and cleared. I'm waiting till I get a mission that sends me there.

Not a glitch. I was admiring this nice waterfall and took a step too far. I survived, barely.

They have pretty nice places to rest on the island. That's a ping pong table over in the corner.

Apparently this is the one guy on the island who, no matter what shit Sentinel is doing, still has time for a camp out.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

He's actually there for a good reason.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:03 pm He's actually there for a good reason.
I know, but that's not as funny :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Right at midnight, 0000 EST on Tuesday 11/26, Uplay went offline. I'm assuming it is for maintenance based on the timing. Meanwhile, supposedly in four hours a new patch, Title Update 1.0.3.1 will be released.
DOWNLOAD TIME AND SIZE

Please note: Whether you purchased a digital or a physical edition of the game, you will need to download the patch before playing. The size of the patch depends on your platform, the region, and your preferred language.

Xbox One: 11.3 GB
PlayStation®4 system: 11.3 GB
UPLAY PC and Epic Game Store: 8.5 GB
The info on the patch is on the linked page. The patch includes some free stuff that normally would have to be found or bought within the game. Since I've put in about 126 hours so far I've probably already got most of them :roll:

Most of the stuff that's being fixed are items I've never come across, so the patch is rather meh for me. Still looking forward to some major changed, updated or added features.
naednek

Post by naednek »

So finally got access to the game after dealing with AMD's stupid redemption policy.

Have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Alot better than the last one. I do feel like I'm a one man army. I can totally see how this game would shine during coop.

Speaking of coop, I made it to the cave and saw a bunch of my ubisoft friends huddling around the table. I'm like, wow, so many online at once, that's rare. I started text chatting but nobody would respond. I'm like man Ron and JZtemple is rude for ignoring me. Then it dawned on me, nobody is online, ubsioft just shows your friends around the map table. It was kind of cool, yet confusing.

I have to say, the foot\walking mechanics of this game is pretty neat. It's most realistic I've seen in a game.

I do hate the helicopters and drone plane flying over me forcing me to always hide as they pass.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

naednek wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:51 pm Have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Alot better than the last one.
:snooty:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

To me it is a different game from Wildlands, so you can't really compare them. I've put in 126 hours now on GRB, so obviously I'm enjoying it.

And, on November 28th...

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And Raid 1 is officially available today:

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Has there been any word on when the Terminator event or engineer class are landing?

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:24 am Has there been any word on when the Terminator event or engineer class are landing?
No, still waiting to hear something.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I guess it works out well with Phoenix Point coming out that after 136 hours in GRB I've not only finished the campaign but I've also completed all the side missions. The only missions left are the daily faction missions and I'm getting rather burned out on those. So now I'm just waiting for the new class and the Terminator event.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Oh, I also found the posting on the GRB news forum, Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Community Survey Results. I won't post all of the thread, just some of the highlights people might care about:

They have identified a lot more areas to improve, although some items, like new enemies, will only be seen in Raids and the Live Events.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm surprised that "Remove online requirement" wasn't more requested, but perhaps the community is already self-selected on that issue. Much of the requested fixes seem to be "Remove the Division-lite stuff and make it more like Wildlands" for the most part.

naednek

Post by naednek »

i love the scope of the game, but man i find it hard (and unrealistic) as a solo player trying to take out a well armed base all by myself. I'm early on, and I'm trying to find a 3d printer location. Have to go to some port to get clues. Meanwhiles there's gunners and a copter waiting for me.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

My go-to approach for clearing a base is to start with a thorough recce using the drone and/or binoculars. Any comms personnel are priority targets since I want to take them out first to prevent reinforcements being called in. I initially snipe as many targets as I can at the longest possible range, preferably from high ground with limited avenues of approach in the event that I'm spotted, before moving in to finish off the survivors at close range.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

naednek wrote:i love the scope of the game, but man i find it hard (and unrealistic) as a solo player trying to take out a well armed base all by myself. I'm early on, and I'm trying to find a 3d printer location. Have to go to some port to get clues. Meanwhiles there's gunners and a copter waiting for me.
With the extra health I have in the assault class and a good machine gun I look forward to seeing copters!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Copters aren’t a big deal as long as you can see the pilot.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The most satisfying way to down a helicopter, for me, is to snipe the pilot.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Max Peck wrote:The most satisfying way to down a helicopter, for me, is to snipe the pilot.
That's pretty impressive. A more elegant technique vs my brute force solution. Every so often one of the soldiers on the chopper gets clipped and falls out of the plane which gives me a sense of a job well done.

I'm also entertained by clipping the blades of an enemy chopper with the skids of the chopper I'm flying.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:43 pm My go-to approach for clearing a base is to start with a thorough recce using the drone and/or binoculars. Any comms personnel are priority targets since I want to take them out first to prevent reinforcements being called in. I initially snipe as many targets as I can at the longest possible range, preferably from high ground with limited avenues of approach in the event that I'm spotted, before moving in to finish off the survivors at close range.
After the reinforcements guy, take out the generator. It kills the automated defenses.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Those are good suggestion above on cleaning out bases, especially getting the reinforcements guy and the generator. I'd love it if there was high ground right next to the base, I'd plant myself up there and snipe till the only bad guys left were in the buildings. And I'd use landmines to cover any approaches to my perch.

However, as I reached triple digits on hours played I ended up going back to bases I'd already cleared once and so had no one-time-only rewards to get. If at all possible I'd go stealthy into the bases if I could accomplish my mission goal that way. It added a whole new aspect to game play enjoyment, trying to avoid being spotted while sneaking through sometimes elaborate facilities.

Two hints I'll provide for folks who are early in the game. First, if you are told you need to hack a computer, that probably (but not always) means you're going to end up after doing the hack with a two minute timer where you have to stay and protect the computer. And if you get killed or the computer gets destroyed you'll usually have to restart the whole mission. I hate that. If I was told to go do a hack I'd clear out the base if possible and lay landmines on the likely approach paths of reinforcements. One time I actually got a large armored truck and positioned it to block possible fire towards the computer.

Second, if you are told in the mission description that you have to accomplish the mission without being revealed, that doesn't necessarily mean that the mission is blown if an enemy sees you. I've had a couple of missions where I was spotted (the two angled lines which moved together showing that the enemy has indeed spotted you) but I then immediately disposed of the bad guy before the base went on alert and the mission was still OK. In fact I had one mission where it was pretty much impossible to avoid being spotted, but I nailed the guy as soon as he started yelling and avoided being revealed.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:10 pm I'm surprised that "Remove online requirement" wasn't more requested, but perhaps the community is already self-selected on that issue. Much of the requested fixes seem to be "Remove the Division-lite stuff and make it more like Wildlands" for the most part.
In my >130 hours of playing I had only one instance of being knocked out of gameplay due to a dropped online connection to Uplay, so perhaps many people playing have also been satisfied that needing to be online isn't a big deal. Personally I'd rather they spend their developer hours on other things.

Also surprising to me was the desire to have AI teammates added. I've completed all main and side missions solo, abet on Regular difficulty. As Max stated, maybe a lot of folks are wanting to see the game become a new Wildlands.

I'm wondering about Ubisoft's approach to the changes. There are so many big things that they say they will address changing that the game will be Ghost Recon Breakpoint 2.0 if it happens. But will there be that many people who want to replay the game? Or alternatively delay playing at all and wait and buy the version 2.0? If I was on the board of directors I'd ask if the money being spent is really going to make up for the ill will that supposedly has been generated by the problems people had with some of the features. Maybe I'd suggest that we announce "Ghost Recon Wildlands 2" with similar gameplay to the first but set somewhere else and give everyone who bought GRB a discount.

And while I was at it I'd also ask why we didn't doing Watch Dogs 3 with similar gameplay to the 2nd game, instead of doing Watch Dogs Legions with all its massive changes.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I hadn't noticed it since I was playing Phoenix Point, but there is a new chapter in the Faction Missions and Faction Rewards have been reset. I'm giving them a look tonight.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This was posted on the GRB announcements forum a week ago but I just saw it now since I was off playing Phoenix Point:
Battle Rewards Update

After the start of Act 2 on Tuesday, we’ve been monitoring the conversation around the Battle Rewards. Here are the steps we are taking to address the following issues next week:

1. Duplicates / Empty Crates

Our team has identified the cause and is working towards a solution.
We will be granting everyone all Battle Rewards from Act 1 and 2 to ensure no one misses an item they should have received.
We will also be deactivating the Battle Rewards system until we have implemented solutions to prevent this issue from reoccurring. Our team aims to have everything ready for the start of Act 3.
The Hill and Walker figures will not be mass-granted until we have resolved their respective problems.
This will not change the evolution of the Faction Mission chapters.

2. Hill Figure

We’ve noted two issues regarding the Hill figure, the pants on the Hill figure do not match those in the cut scenes and in select cases trying to unlock it will cause a crash. We are working on fixes for each of these issues.
Players who already have this figure will keep it. Players who do not currently have it will not be granted the figure until we have a fix in place.

3. Walker Figure

The Walker coat issue is being investigated by the team. We will provide an update to the item behavior as quickly as possible.
Players who already have this figure will keep it. Players who do not currently have it will not be granted the figure until we have a fix in place.

4. Act 1 Item Hidden After Start of Act 2

We’ve seen reports in rare cases that an Act 1 item was hidden from players who had acquired it when Act 2 started.
With the Act rewards grant to all players, individuals who experienced this should no longer have an issue – however, we are investigating the cause to ensure it doesn’t repeat again in the future.
So the big stuff was: "We will be granting everyone all Battle Rewards from Act 1 and 2 to ensure no one misses an item they should have received" and "We will also be deactivating the Battle Rewards system until we have implemented solutions to prevent this issue from reoccurring". The Faction Missions are still there, but now there are no rewards except the satisfaction of having helped the cause :D. The good news is that all those items I never had the energy to obtain by completing endless faction missions are now all mine!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Uh-oh...
Ghosts,

In our December Update we announced that we would have our next TU, 1.1.0, live on the 18th. After careful consideration by the development team, we are choosing to delay the release of the TU until the latter half of January to ensure its quality.

Our goal is to deliver you polished content and meaningful bug fixes, to do that we need a little more time. This means that the Terminator Live Event and the fixes referenced in the monthly update will be coming to you in the new year.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we put the final touches on TU 1.1.0.

/The Ghost Recon Team
Not going to be a happy holidays for some Ubisoft executives :tjg:
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Sooo, what's up with this game. It got terrible reviews from both reviewers and gamers early on, but the latest comments here indicate that people are enjoying the game. Did you all like it from the beginning, or have they improved the game that much? I was very interested in getting the game but then I saw the reviews and general player dissatisfaction so I moved on. So how's the game now?
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton