City of Heroes/Villains Lives!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

morlac

Re: City of Heroes/Villains Lives!

Post by morlac »

Paingod wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:03 am Very nice! I hope he's everything you want... :D

I didn't get my Brute off the ground last night and instead tried an experiment with Robotics/Storm. I got him to 18 in around 90 minutes doing the Death From Below trial repeatedly. I'm not sure about the name "Hurricane Bill" - I went with a kind of steampunk look. I decided to try this out as Storm offers more interaction for me later on than Dark does, and has a lot of the same benefits.
  • Dark has a strong AoE heal which might miss, Storm has a weak single-target heal that buffs stun/sleep resist.
  • Dark has a good accuracy & damage debuff enemy AoE toggle, Storm has a potent speed debuff enemy AoE toggle
  • Dark has a good defensive PBAoE stealth toggle, Storm has a near-identical ability
  • Dark has a long recharge ranged AoE resist debuff, Storm has a moderate recharge ranged AoE resist debuff
  • Dark has a cone Fear, single target Hold, and an intangibility ability, Storm has a knockbacks, knockdowns, and disorient.
  • Dark summons a mini Dark/Dark Defender as the last ability that lasts 4 minutes (recharge in 8), Storm summons a powerful AoE storm that lasts 1 minute (recharge in 90 seconds).
Some similarities, but Storm seems more actively engaged in combat. Once my pets get fully defense buffed later on, the need for the AoE heal is diminished. I think Dark is a safer power set, but storm might be more fun. Testing will tell. My two characters are almost the same level and I'm eager to get them both to 32 to see how I feel about each. The one big thing Storm is missing is an Ally Rez, which means I might tote around a couple revives if I'm grouping.

Once I got out of Atlas and King's Row, the content (Contacts, Missions, Arcs) suddenly looks entirely familiar. I think they gave up on whatever re-write they were doing with that horrible "Twinshot" stuff and left well enough alone.

Storms is a blast and my favorite defender set. It's the weakest on paper. Weak heal, no buffs. However, you can knockdown lock mobs with a combination of slow and knockdown powers. Hurricane is a toggable and can completly break encounters by pinning mobs against walls, boxes, etc and keeping them in a knockdown loop. Bosses even.
Endurane drain is nonexistent with everyone having all the convenience powers unlocked so you can keep it up permantly with flight even. Soo silly and fun.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

morlac wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:33 pmStorms is a blast and my favorite defender set. It's the weakest on paper. Weak heal, no buffs. However, you can knockdown lock mobs with a combination of slow and knockdown powers. Hurricane is a toggable and can completly break encounters by pinning mobs against walls, boxes, etc and keeping them in a knockdown loop. Bosses even.
Endurane drain is nonexistent with everyone having all the convenience powers unlocked so you can keep it up permantly with flight even. Soo silly and fun.
Storm is fun, so far. I agree that it looks weak on paper, but all that Knockback has real value. My Mastermind is currently 20th and I haven't gone back to the Death From Below trial. I know leveling will be slower, but I can focus more on missions, badges, and exploring the world more. The big one for me is the Frost Patch skill, which hits foes with a 30% resistance debuff so your minions can do 30% more damage. Getting the recharge down on that so I can always have a patch out is a priority.

BIG TIP: If you're interested in doing missions, but aren't sure where your contacts are - you can Find Contact on one of the tabs in the Contacts window. You'll see the contacts you've already met and see more you haven't. All you need to do is talk to them to start running their missions. That screen will even give you the option to teleport directly to the contact, saving a lot of trouble in hunting them down. I jumped through three zones with six clicks last night to acquire a bunch of Level 20 contact missions. This may be the biggest quality of life improvement in the game. I had discovered this at Level 1 when I first launched the game but all it did was bring me to my first level 1 contact. I was all "Big Whoop, saved me 10 steps" ... but at level 20 you've got like 8 new contacts across 4 zones to work with and this lets you access them all easily. Every time I gain a level, I'll be checking this screen to see if anyone new opens up.

Smaller tips:

To start things like the Death From Below trial, you've got to have 8 people in your team, in the same zone (same Atlas instance, or same Sewer Network instance) and then you queue up for it in the "Trials" tab (I think - it's definitely one of the tabs) from the chat screen. DFB is a great way to skip to level 14-18 quickly, or keep going until you're high enough level for other content if you have no intention of running contact missions (which provide slower leveling but can reward you with temporary powers, Merits, and badges). Good rewards, including SO enhancers (5 per run at 1-19, then 5+ at level 20+ as they may randomly drop anytime from any foe).

The consignment market (black market for villains) is okay, too. When my Robot/Dark MM hit 25, I spent just over $250,000 filling out his slots with level 26-28 SO enhancers. Combined with the enhancers I already had from running the DFB trial so much, he's well set to run amok for another 3-5 levels before I feel a real need to refresh them.

If you're finding missions are too easy or too hard, you can adjust the difficulty. This is done by either talking to one of the logistics officers that hang around the superheroes that let you choose new powers when you level, or through one of the tabs in the chat window. You can choose to go from -1 to +4 levels (so things get easier or a lot harder), include bosses (who drop better loot), power up Archvillains you face, and even have yourself count as more than one player (so you get bigger spawns). I wager Brutes with ample AoE powers would enjoy having large groups of spawns, but even my MM's can handle harder groups as they evolve. Right now at 20 I've decided to include real Bosses for added flavor.

Don't forget - if you're worried about outlevelling content, you can eventually unlock the Ouroboros portals to Flashback to a specific level or mission and replay it. Have fun, don't panic. You can do everything!

Then there's something I don't even know what to do with. Leveling past 50. I'm nowhere near there and this wasn't a thing when I was highly active. I think the one level 50 I had back in the day participated in a couple Hamidon raids and that was about it for "End Game" content for me as I kept making new characters.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Paingod wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:53 am
To start things like the Death From Below trial, you've got to have 8 people in your team
You only need I think 4. 8 helps the XP boost and helps actually kill all the AVs... but I think it will start with as few as 4.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I've been having a hell of a lot of fun.
Made WAY too many Alts, but I just love coming up with Hero ideas/names/sets....

Playing with my kids has kept me doing a lot of contact related missions, but with as many ALTs as I've made - I've certainly taken a few of them up quickly via the Death from Below (hence forth to be called DFB).

If anyone is on the Renunion server and needs help/wants to team up - let me know. I think most of you stuck with Torchbearer though. ?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I thought DFB could be started with fewer than 8, but honestly I've never started it myself and never seen a group bother to try and run it with fewer. I think people would walk on you if you did.
Black Lives Matter

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I got stuck between two rocks and used the teleport to contact function to escape!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Paingod wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:20 am I thought DFB could be started with fewer than 8, but honestly I've never started it myself and never seen a group bother to try and run it with fewer. I think people would walk on you if you did.
I've been on a couple that ran fine with 7, when they just couldn't find that 8th. And I've been on a few where the leader asked if we were ok with 6 ('cause they swear we could do it')… but people pushed back.

Truth is - ya should absolutely do it with 8... I just needed to correct that.

You are on Torchbearer, is that right?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Jaymann wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:21 am I got stuck between two rocks and used the teleport to contact function to escape!
Very nice.

also - just for everyone there is a /stuck command.

also, also: A GREAT link for how to make Macros and Keybinds: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/536558 ... faqs/48212
(I've not bothered yet, but I know back in the day I did create a few)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holy cowbells. Some info on setting up your own server. You know, just in case, right?
Unagi wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 amA GREAT link for how to make Macros and Keybinds: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/536558 ... faqs/48212
(I've not bothered yet, but I know back in the day I did create a few)
Macros are absolutely essential for Masterminds - but I've found they're kind of wonky. You can't make elaborate ones right out of the gate. You need to make a basic one and edit it.

/macro GoDnc petcom_all goto passive $$ petsay_all "As you command!"

The above should send all your pets to a specific location and speak in local chat. It makes the button, but when you look at it, it's lost the $$ and everything after it. If you Edit the command button, you can add back in the $$ and the rest to re-make it and it'll stick.

The Mastermind bare essentials:

/macro Rage petcom_all goto aggressive (pets will attack anything at or near the location; they may give chase and go a ways off in pursuit - great for Mayhem missions)
/macro Dfnd petcom_all goto defensive (pets will go to a location and fight back against anything that attacks them, but not go crazy)
/macro Bye petcom_all Dismiss (pets will immediately leave the game, good for quickly stopping terrible things or if you need more stealth)
/macro Danc petcom_all Stay $$ petsay_all <em dance>
/macro Mnky petsay_GIR "I'm dancing like a monkey" && petcom_GIR <em dance>
/macro Infnt petsay_all "To infinity, and beyond!" $$ petcom_all Dismiss (my robots fly into space when they Dismiss, so this works)

I don't think there's a limit to how much $$ you can put into one /macro command. I'd have to tinker with it to find out. I think at one point back in 2012, I had a couple buttons that made all my minions do different things - like my Assault Bot would <em lecture> while my Battle Drones <em protest> and the Protector Bots <em holdtorch>. I'd go around and move them this way and that so it looked like a set piece, then leave them there for a while and do some Consignment shopping or crafting. People seemed to get a kick out of it. I also had a Boombox & dance crew emote setup.
Black Lives Matter

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Sadness. CoH is not playing nice on my stupid Lenovo laptop with dual video cards. I can launch it, but I can't get it to use the Nvidia GPU, it always defaults to the Intel built in, which I bet will run OK, but I can't bring it up to native resolution, it goes outside of the margins of the screen when I do.

I'll keep playing with it.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
morlac

Post by morlac »

Unagi wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 am
Paingod wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:20 am I thought DFB could be started with fewer than 8, but honestly I've never started it myself and never seen a group bother to try and run it with fewer. I think people would walk on you if you did.
I've been on a couple that ran fine with 7, when they just couldn't find that 8th. And I've been on a few where the leader asked if we were ok with 6 ('cause they swear we could do it')… but people pushed back.

Truth is - ya should absolutely do it with 8... I just needed to correct that.

You are on Torchbearer, is that right?
Meh did one with 5 the other night. We had zero issues. Mob qty scales with party size iirc. Party makeup makes a difference as well but we had 1 controller (me gravity/time manip) and a defender so no real issues since we had 3 other capable damage dealers.

Side note, I transferred off the EU server and moved everyone to Torchbearer or excelsisor. Only name that was a dupe was Sherlock Ohms :(.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Hentzau - you should be able to go into the NVidia 3D settings and make an application profile for COH. It is probably missing the profile and defaulting to application controlled. If you create a specific profile, you can force it to use the NVidia GPU.
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

hentzau wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am Sadness. CoH is not playing nice on my stupid Lenovo laptop with dual video cards. I can launch it, but I can't get it to use the Nvidia GPU, it always defaults to the Intel built in, which I bet will run OK, but I can't bring it up to native resolution, it goes outside of the margins of the screen when I do.
Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics here. It works just fine unless I'm near Ms. Liberty.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Cylus Maxii wrote:Hentzau - you should be able to go into the NVidia 3D settings and make an application profile for COH. It is probably missing the profile and defaulting to application controlled. If you create a specific profile, you can force it to use the NVidia GPU.
Any clues if I should target the launcher or the city of heroes app? Heck, guess i can target both.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hentzau wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm
Cylus Maxii wrote:Hentzau - you should be able to go into the NVidia 3D settings and make an application profile for COH. It is probably missing the profile and defaulting to application controlled. If you create a specific profile, you can force it to use the NVidia GPU.
Any clues if I should target the launcher or the city of heroes app? Heck, guess i can target both.
I'm pretty sure it's the app, since once it is running, that is where windows looks.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Started up my first melee character attempt since I got back in and enjoyed the evening. Instead of being in the background of each group fight, I was the lead. It's kind of nice. I need to work on my targeting and taunt.

I ran with a Technology Rad/Fire Brute. I chose Radiation for the Contamination effects, which trigger small AoE's when you work it, or provide a healing boost with one of my attacks. Fire is mostly nostalgia, but also for AoE damage.
Black Lives Matter

hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Jaymann wrote:
hentzau wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm
I'm pretty sure it's the app, since once it is running, that is where windows looks.
Well, that still didn’t work. Still only sees the intel graphics driver, and using that i have to run it at a crappy 1024x768 resolution. If I try and run it any higher it only gives me 3/4 of the screen. I tried disabling the onboard video driver and that made matters worse. So I think I’m screwed running CoH.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I was having trouble getting my mouse to work so I hit ctrl+enter to run it in a window. Worth a shot.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Played with Unagi last night, had a blast. Got two of my toons a few levels doing DFB (sewer runs), as well as quite a few temp powers and SO enhancements that will sell very nicely for 2k or so. I plan on saving every bit of cash I can so I can craft some good enhancements once I hit 25 or so.

We are on the EU server, and there is NEVER a queue, so come over and play! I usually get on around 9 central time or so.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

All my characters are on EU, so hit me up @Corwin if you want to group. My current best are:

20 Brute/Battleaxe/Regen
22 Scrapper/Martial Arts/Regen
28 Stalker/Dual Sword/Regen

I have only grouped once (except for duo with my son) from a random invite. It seemed to be going OK, but when the ambush came I could see a team wipe coming, so I ran to a back room and logged.

My MO for soloing is:

Find a mission with the least annoying enemies and environment.
Jack the difficulty up to the max I can handle.
Log before completion.
Rinse and repeat.

I keep changing heroes and making alts to keep it from getting stale.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Jaymann wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:00 pmMy MO for soloing is:

Find a mission with the least annoying enemies and environment.
Jack the difficulty up to the max I can handle.
Log before completion.
Rinse and repeat.
If you're just repeating a solo mission for experience without ever completing it, you should probably join a DFB group and power through those levels. It's faster experience with better rewards (lots of Single Origin Enhancers). In fact, once you pass level 20 you'll start to sometimes get random drops of SO Enhancers and not just from bosses.

I stopped doing DFB missions with my level 20 Robotics/Storm Mastermind, but only because I wanted to actually run missions and read the stories.
Black Lives Matter

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, having played dozens of characters through level 20, I am not ashamed of rushing through those levels with my alts (via a few DFB runs) - - However, if you only run DFB, you are forever level 2-6 or something and never actually use your new powers, so there is a point where just about -anyone- will back off those missions, just to actually play with their hero.

My son desperately wants to do all the contacts, so I'm doing them all again in some form or fashion (Oroboros is such a great idea). And I'm seeing that the completionist in me will need to pick a main toon soon.

It was very cool running into Hyena the other night. I had just made an 'Unagi' toon, and he saw that toon and reached out, which is funny because had I not made that toon just then, we'd likely still have played on the same team that night and not known about it. He made an excellent hero, btw... I teamed with his Manahatan Solution, who's a huge glowing green radioactive dude.

I'm embarassed at the amount of characters I have (and have played substantially with).

Unagi is my deamon summoning / Kinetics Master mind and it's pretty powerful... but I've not played him all that much after that night.

I've been playing my fire-controllet/kinetics mostly (level 34), but I've got 9 others over 20, and about 10 others level 10-20. And quite a few 'name-grab' toons that I've only placed into the game to hold the name for later.

Jaymann wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:00 pm ... but when the ambush came I could see a team wipe coming, so I ran to a back room and logged.
That sounds... less than heroic.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Unagi wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:44 am
Jaymann wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:00 pm ... but when the ambush came I could see a team wipe coming, so I ran to a back room and logged.
That sounds... less than heroic.
That's why it's Heroes/Villains ;)
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I love my Orobouros portal power. I can port from anywhere (even inside a mission) then port out to where I really want to go. Massive travel time reduction.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Thanks, Unagi! I am quickly turning into a sucker for kinetics. I have a giant bald eagle beast/kinetics mm named Mer'ica that is awesome, and a ninja/something that's a ton of fun, too.

@v.19 if anyone wants to team up! I've got tons on blue and red.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

This is so freaking awesome! Absolutely loved this game back in the day and our SG was amazing...I'm sure I'll never get that particular band back together but just getting to fly around Atlas Park again is amazing. I still don't understand why NC soft canceled this game. It was never a money loser for them and clearly the interest has been and continues to be there..bah just glad it's back for however long.

I wouldn't say I'm a completionist but...I'm thinking I had about 10 lvl 50s. Of course that was pre-kids so I'm pretty sure that's not happening again. But I at least told some buddies about this and we should be getting at least some of the gang together tomorrow. Man I'm stoked! Haven't been this excited for a video game since I dunno, CoH in like 2003??😁

/doing the happy dance
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It's unbelievably fun to be playing this again.

And with my son most of the time too. He's totally hooked. He's teaching me the science behind The Devouring Earth, and he has a bunch of inside knowledge he likes to share about the Freakshow as he learns about them.
Soooo much fun.
morlac

Post by morlac »

There is an option for experimental cel shading graphics that turns it pretty trippy. I couldn't play it for too long like that but it made for some pretty damn cool screen shots.

Other than that I haven't played much this week due to work being slammed. I did manage to roll up a gigantically huge Sonic/Sonic blaster named Baritonne.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

GungHo wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:53 pm This is so freaking awesome! Absolutely loved this game back in the day and our SG was amazing...I'm sure I'll never get that particular band back together but just getting to fly around Atlas Park again is amazing. I still don't understand why NC soft canceled this game. It was never a money loser for them and clearly the interest has been and continues to be there..bah just glad it's back for however long.

I wouldn't say I'm a completionist but...I'm thinking I had about 10 lvl 50s. Of course that was pre-kids so I'm pretty sure that's not happening again. But I at least told some buddies about this and we should be getting at least some of the gang together tomorrow. Man I'm stoked! Haven't been this excited for a video game since I dunno, CoH in like 2003??😁
I was in the GG Super Group. I kept playing after everyone else left so I became the SG leader by default. I used my prestige to improve the base and it became like my Fortress of Solitude. :lol: :cry:
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Unagi wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:30 pm Mid's Planner:
http://www.cohplanner.com/

(not entirely up to date, but it's worked enough for me)… Seriously critical.

Server Status:
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/
Good ole Mid's..man that thing is invaluable. I just wish it was an app now so I could sit on my phone and try to figure out how the heck to build my toons. I had that stuff down to a science back in the day but I have forgotten everything. Like when was I supposed to pick up combat jumping and super leap? And how many slots did I need to maximize my END reduction? Amazing how I just used to know all that stuff.

Forum status link is useful as well. Thx.

So just to recap, what server is everyone on? I have a villain on Reunion and all my heroes on Excelsior(not exactly sure why that happened that way...😕). I'm happy to move bc I haven't had any RL friends join up yet
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Some of the more vocal ones (myself included) are on the EU server. By the way, I remember playing with you a ton. I played a rad/rad defender named Doctor Chemo.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

GungHo wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:55 pm Like when was I supposed to pick up combat jumping and super leap? And how many slots did I need to maximize my END reduction? Amazing how I just used to know all that stuff.
Oh, ditto here.
And, just to throw ya - they have changed some things that change some of these choices.

Biggest change is perhaps the fact that you can get SJ,Fly,Speed,TP at Level 4, as soon as you pick from your first power pool (you no longer need 1 of the smaller ones, nor need wait until level 14).

Additionally, there is a vendor named "P2W", off to the left of Miss Liberty who hands out a number of FREE 'prestige powers' to get everyone 'started'... and one of those powers is a Travel Power (Ninja Run or Beast Run).... which gives such a substantial Run and Jump boost that some people hold off on the Travel Power still, until 14 or later (some people... not many)

But my point being, hero builds will be a little different from before.

Weave and Acrobatics are still your friends. :wink:
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Yes! Weave and Acrobatics! Completely forgot about those...oi my build on my Brute is already in need of a respec and he's only lvl 12. 😩

And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but slotting 3 of the same TO/DO/SO is the way to maximize that particular facet of a power is that right? For example END or ACC? IIRC any more than 3 gets you diminishing returns. I'm still stumbling my way thru Mid's..was so much easier to build a toon when I was already 50 and had essentially unlimited $. The struggle is real.

Also found the P2W girl (Thx) and apparently she unlocks the 'Inherent Fitness' pool for free? That's handy.

I'm @GungHo if anyone is LFT.
OR

-Hiccup
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GungHo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:37 pmIIRC any more than 3 gets you diminishing returns.
That's exactly how it was "back in the day" but I don't know if these new private servers are playing by the same rules. I assume the big one - Homecoming - is, but who knows on the other ones.

Don't forget - this has become a game you can download, set up your own server, and play forever with just you and your close friends if you want to. There are actual guides out there for this. I'm considering grabbing whatever I can before NCSoft pulls the plug with a takedown.
Black Lives Matter

GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Yeah I need to look into setting up my own server...I can't possibly see how NCSoft doesn't send a cease and desist ASAP. There are ppl running around with obvious trademarked clones and plenty of bad behavior that I'm sure they don't want associated with their name.

I wonder what country these servers are set up in? Are they beyond their reach and it becomes a 'play at your own risk' kind of thing? Or are they done the moment the lawyers call?

Too bad they won't sell the IP but I thought I read somewhere (maybe here?) that NC Soft was using some of the CoH IP in another franchise. Been too busy getting back up to speed on the game to do much digging into the legal stuff but that's definitely good advice
OR

-Hiccup
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I would definitely play on an OO server.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

GungHo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:46 pmobvious trademarked clones
There was a big thing about that when the game launched, but legally it boiled down to the game not being responsible for how people were expressing themselves with costumes or some such. I think almost all of the powers are straight from the original game, and things like a Claws/Regen Scrapper with a yellow jumpsuit and wings on his head were certainly a thing. Somehow they got away with it, so I can't imagine it's a good defense now.

I'm mostly worried about the inevitable Cease & Desist with IP backing and a team of lawyers. I think I've read that the people hosting this server are trying to talk with NCSoft about licensing, but no one knows how that'll pan out. NCSoft might take some free money, or they might yoink the license if someone else comes along and wants to spend more on it.

According to this article, CoH is now hosted on servers in Canada (formerly the Netherlands). They also mention seeding the auction houses with ingredients so things shouldn't ever exceed 10,000 for a common, 100,000 for an uncommon, and 1,000,000 for a rare crafting component. This is apparently an experimental change and may be reverted.

This article mentions that they now have close to 70,000 registered players with up to 8,000 concurrent connections.

According to this Twitter Feed, they're still in talks with NCSoft and don't have any news - good or bad - but the last update was positive.
Black Lives Matter

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

GungHo wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:37 pm
Also found the P2W girl (Thx) and apparently she unlocks the 'Inherent Fitness' pool for free? That's handy.
I beleive that was already unlocked 'for free', before they closed down CoH... It was deemed a required pool or something...
But in any case, the P2W girl didn't unlock it, as it's unlocked even if you play for a week without knowing she exists (that was me).
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Hyena wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:44 am I have a giant bald eagle beast/kinetics mm named Mer'ica that is awesome, and a ninja/something that's a ton of fun, too.
Just an FYI:

I just saw someone with a copy of this toon you describe... but named: Mericaaa (assault rifle/devices blaster) big bald eagle.
description wrote: MEEEEERRRRICA FUCK YEA COME TO SAVE THE MUTHERFUCKING DAAAY AMERICA FUCK YEA FREDOM IS THE ONLY WAAAAY(im not American)
sigh.
Last edited by Unagi on Wed May 29, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Someone should make Mercia and see what reactions they get.
It's almost as if people are the problem.