Paingod wrote: ↑Tue May 21, 2019 7:03 amVery nice! I hope he's everything you want...
I didn't get my Brute off the ground last night and instead tried an experiment with Robotics/Storm. I got him to 18 in around 90 minutes doing the Death From Below trial repeatedly. I'm not sure about the name "Hurricane Bill" - I went with a kind of steampunk look. I decided to try this out as Storm offers more interaction for me later on than Dark does, and has a lot of the same benefits.
Some similarities, but Storm seems more actively engaged in combat. Once my pets get fully defense buffed later on, the need for the AoE heal is diminished. I think Dark is a safer power set, but storm might be more fun. Testing will tell. My two characters are almost the same level and I'm eager to get them both to 32 to see how I feel about each. The one big thing Storm is missing is an Ally Rez, which means I might tote around a couple revives if I'm grouping.
- Dark has a strong AoE heal which might miss, Storm has a weak single-target heal that buffs stun/sleep resist.
- Dark has a good accuracy & damage debuff enemy AoE toggle, Storm has a potent speed debuff enemy AoE toggle
- Dark has a good defensive PBAoE stealth toggle, Storm has a near-identical ability
- Dark has a long recharge ranged AoE resist debuff, Storm has a moderate recharge ranged AoE resist debuff
- Dark has a cone Fear, single target Hold, and an intangibility ability, Storm has a knockbacks, knockdowns, and disorient.
- Dark summons a mini Dark/Dark Defender as the last ability that lasts 4 minutes (recharge in 8), Storm summons a powerful AoE storm that lasts 1 minute (recharge in 90 seconds).
Once I got out of Atlas and King's Row, the content (Contacts, Missions, Arcs) suddenly looks entirely familiar. I think they gave up on whatever re-write they were doing with that horrible "Twinshot" stuff and left well enough alone.
Storms is a blast and my favorite defender set. It's the weakest on paper. Weak heal, no buffs. However, you can knockdown lock mobs with a combination of slow and knockdown powers. Hurricane is a toggable and can completly break encounters by pinning mobs against walls, boxes, etc and keeping them in a knockdown loop. Bosses even.
Endurane drain is nonexistent with everyone having all the convenience powers unlocked so you can keep it up permantly with flight even. Soo silly and fun.