Amazon has whacked our affiliate account. Hosting Donations/Commitments $2063 of $1920 (Sept 13/18). In Hand $1466 (Lump sum payments minus paypal graft). Paypal Donation Link Here

Final Fantasy VII - PS4 remake

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Final Fantasy VII - PS4 remake

Post by Skinypupy » Thu May 09, 2019 10:56 pm

This was announced nearly 4 years ago, but we've seen precious little about it since. Little blips here and there, but I was fully expecting that it had been quietly cancelled by Squeenix. Which would have been much to my disappointment, as FF VII is my favorite game of all time.

So imagine my surprise when this trailer was dropped today, with the promise of additional info in June. Barrett, Cloud, Aerith, Biggs, Wedge, Jesse...and a Behemoth! And the bombing run! And Shira soldiers! And the Guard Scorpion (complete with raised tail antics)! I'll admit that I'm far more excited about this than I should be but, dammit, it looks exactly like what I was hoping for...the game I loved with a new coat of paint. Can't wait to hear more next month.

Now to see if cross-dressing Cloud makes the final cut. And that it's released sometime before 2070. :)

“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

Blackhawk

Re: Final Fantasy VII - PS4 remake

Post by Blackhawk » Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 am

If only they weren't replacing the entire combat system with an action version.
[This space left intentionally blank.]

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy » Fri May 10, 2019 10:52 am

Blackhawk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 am
If only they weren't replacing the entire combat system with an action version.
I'm actually OK with that. The action combat in FF XV was excellent and what little I've heard about this remake indicates they're heading a similar direction.

I've been replaying FF X lately, and going back to the traditional "heroes on this side, badguys on that side. Now take turns hitting each other." style of combat is becoming more and more difficult.
“Don’t tickle the wall clown.” - MST3K

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk » Fri May 10, 2019 2:07 pm

There's where we differ. I thought the combat in FF XV was absolutely awful. I hated not having any real control of the party most of the time, and I hated trying to manage a battle while jumping all over the battlefield, often so much so that you couldn't see what your own teammates were even doing. Compared to the careful, thoughtful approach of the old 'active time' system, I felt like a lot of the series appeal was lost.
[This space left intentionally blank.]