Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

MS Flight Simulator 2020

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

malchior

Re: MS Flight Simulator 2020

Post by malchior »

I had mentioned earlier that I thought there was a bug with reverse thrusters crashing the plane. Nope - it is a bug some people have started complaining about that fills the runway with what might be rendering errors. They'll look like 'cracks'. If the runway looks like that...it is impossible to land on it. It's broken. Sometimes they'll bounce you 100 ft into the error. Sometimes you'll flip face forward into the concrete. Since I became aware of it I've managed it by applying TOGA when they appear (only appear when you are ~200-300 ft. from touchdown) and going around. Usually this fixed it for me.

But today I hit max absurdity with this pile of shit. Coming into KMSP on 30L. Cracks appear about 100 Ft. TOGA. Line up again on 30L still bad. TOGA. 30R. Broken. TOGA. 35. Broken. TOGA. Let's try 7 for kicks. Broken. Fuck it. I'm done. Land it. Plane flips onto nose. Fucking hell. This thing has the dumbest bugs ever. When it's good this thing is great but when its bad it is aggravating bad.

Thread on this bug on the MSFS forum.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Yeah, I've worked so many workarounds into my normal play that I can't even remember a lot of the bugs that remain. Using the A320NX mod alleviates a lot of issues and makes the game fun again, but the CTDs remain. I can't remember the last time I completed a flight in the 747, which pisses me off because it's my favourite in the game.

Besides the CTDs, it's death by a thousand cuts really. There are little issues with practically everything. Just off the top of my head:
  • ATC handing me off to other controllers three times in as many minutes
  • flight director giving completely wrong pitch attitudes
  • loss of elevator control when disconnecting autopilot
  • aircraft becomes really unstable on approach
  • autopilot sometimes ignoring STARs
  • almost impossible to enter flight plans by hand on the main menu
...and so on. The problem is, this is the best we've got. It's going to be at least a year before the payware airliners are released and the game is patched to a good state. Oh well. It's playable...some of the time.
The pro gamer formerly known as Huw the Poo
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paradroid wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:29 pm [*]autopilot sometimes ignoring STARs
This kills me but I have a stable workaround. Now that Navigraph charts are working well I just put the overlay up and switch over to manual headings and just fly the star when it happens. I'd say 25% of the time.
[*]almost impossible to enter flight plans by hand on the main menu
This actually works better with the Navigraph data fwiw.
Isgrimnur
Loading…

MS Flight Simulator 2020

Post by Isgrimnur »

malchior wrote: Sometimes they'll bounce you 100 ft into the error.

:lol:
Black lives matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:49 pm
malchior wrote: Sometimes they'll bounce you 100 ft into the error.

:lol:
Holy malfunction. Need to QA my quick typos.