Game Pass Ultimate deal too good to pass up :)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lorini

Game Pass Ultimate deal too good to pass up :)

Post by Lorini »

So basically until tomorrow you can get Game Pass Ultimate for $1 a month. The thing is, it converts any existing sub to $1 a month. So if you have Xbox gold for 12 months at whatever insane price you paid, that price is now $1 for up to 36 months. So if you have an Xbox I'd highly recommend getting in on this deal. It expires Thursday June 13.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Re: Game Pass Ultimate deal too good to pass up :)

Post by coopasonic »

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass
What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass when I join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

When you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we will apply any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass toward Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, up to a maximum of 36 months.

For example, if you have 3 months of Xbox Live Gold and 3 months of Xbox Game Pass already on your account when you purchase your first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you will have a total of 7 months of Ultimate on your account before you need to renew your membership.

What happens if I have more than 36 months prepaid time in my account?

The maximum time that can be applied to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is 36-months. Any time over that will no longer remain in your account after you upgrade.
To clarify a little bit, based on my understanding, you are getting one month of Ultimate for $1 and whatever time you have left on xbox live gold or game pass (up to 36 months) is converted to ultimate.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Post this in the Deals forum too! This is good info - now I just have to remember to do it tonight.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Thanks for the clarification Coop! I was phone posting.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Can confirm that it works. Thanks for the heads-up!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
disarm

Post by disarm »

Done...GamePass Ultimate until next February for only $1!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

That worked. Even had a 2 year gold card I activated first (couldn't find it before sub was up earlier this year). Got ultimate through 3/2022 for $1.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

So if I don’t already have it, it’s full price? That’s what the link shows...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Punisher wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 pm So if I don’t already have it, it’s full price? That’s what the link shows...
It's $1 for the first month. If you don't have any Xbox Live or Game Pass to to convert, you won't get anything.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Once you get the $1 deal (thanks!) do you need to do something to downgrade or unsubscribe the game pass part? Or would you not need to worry about that until the end of your current banked months?
Jag

Post by Jag »

Bought Ultimate for PC and cancelled recurring billing. I don't have an Xbox. Going to see if I can finish Metro Exodus within the month. Well worth a buck! Thanks Lorini.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

wonderpug wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:49 am Once you get the $1 deal (thanks!) do you need to do something to downgrade or unsubscribe the game pass part? Or would you not need to worry about that until the end of your current banked months?
It converts you to Ultimate which is gamepass + Live Gold. You don't need to unsubscribe because it converts all your remaining months (up to 36). At the end of your banked months, you are on ultimate untill you cancel, I guess.

It looks like it will just charge you the $1 (or in my case $1.06, thanks, Illinois). I get the feeling it will charge every month but I'll wait and see.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT