Fundraising for 2020/2021: Currently at $1431. Fundraising has begun, see the global post for options. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

GreedFall- 17th century fantasy RPG

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: GreedFall- 17th century fantasy RPG

Post by Jaymann »

Just downloading this now. Any advice/warnings?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I am really enjoying this, it checks all the boxes for me:

Exploring
Loot
Enough side quests, but not overwhelming
Decent companions

I am a level 16 fighter now, but have been hoarding all my points. I would say definitely take at least 1 in Charisma, then get a cape with +1 ASAP. This gives you a 75% chance of success on most dialogues. I hate to miss out on chests, but so far have only seen one with good loot. I have 2 talent points in reserve, so if I come upon a +3 lockpick chest, I save then put 2 points in lockpick in order to examine the contents. So far I have seen nothing that makes me want to spend the points. And the loot remains static after repeated loads.

I also love upgrading my equipment, especially since the blacksmith sells components you are lacking for relatively cheap. I also like how you start out as nobility with some clout instead of a gutter snipe.

I plan on exploring every square inch of the map which should put me over 100 hours.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

So I picked this up last month and have just gotten around to starting it.
Holy cripes.....it's hard. Lots of exploring and quests.
The battles you're given off the bat are not easy.
Lots of ways to play. I've rerolled a couple of times trying to find a good balance.
No bugs so far.
Scratching the rpg itch, for sure.
It makes my dookie twinkle.

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I got to the 25 hour mark in this one and quit. The game was just way to bland for me. I literally felt like I was doing the same things over and over again.
FTE

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The combat is ridiculously easy except for the occasional boss fight. Most of my time is spent running from point to point talking to NPCs. A typical quest is traveling to 10 different points to talk to NPCs and watch dialogue cut scenes. Level progression doesn't seem fast enough - it seems to take eons to get points to unlock a new attribute or trait. I'm not particularly captivated by the story, and all the towns look the same.

Yet I can't.....stop.... playing. :D

Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Unless I'm seriously uninformed there don't seem to be a lot of third person RPGs coming out these days, so this one's definitely on my radar. Not at £43 though; I'll wait for a sale.

And I still have Kingdom Come: Deliverance waiting for me, completely untouched. :roll:
The pro gamer formerly known as Huw the Poo

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

So after multiple tries and reloads, I finally kill one of the creatures necessary to move a plot branch along.
And what's my reward for this epic battle? 5 gold coins...….. :doh:
It makes my dookie twinkle.