Achievements - Bragging Time

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Grifman

Achievements - Bragging Time

Post by Grifman »

Ok, some hate 'em, some love 'em, but they are here and it's time to talk/brag about achievements - what percentage of achievements you have achieved (PC or console, doesn't matter), your rarest, the strangest one - the one you had to really do some crazy stuff to get. For the specific achievements, list the game, the achievement, what percent of players have it, and a description of the achievement. I'll start:

1) Achievements completed - 28%
2) Rarest Achievement - Fallout 4 - "Beverager", 0.70% of players have this. You get this for finding all of the Nuka World drink recipes. I'm not sure why so few have this - I got it without even trying and looking for all of them.
3) Craziest Achievement - Wasteland 2 - "They Walk Among Us", 0.90% of players have this. You get this by getting on of your Ranger team infected and turning into a "pod person". The only problem is that the infection will kill your Ranger before they turn unless you keep them alive by healing them of the damage done. I had to run the game in the background for several hours, checking it every so often, and healing my Ranger whenever his health got low. I don't normally go crazy for achievements but for some reason, I got involved with this one and I had to complete it.

So what are yours?
Last edited by Grifman on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
dbt1949

Re: Achievements - Bragging Time

Post by dbt1949 »

7288 hours in Civ 5. I still play it.

344 games in Steam which I assume doesn't include DLCs.
Last edited by dbt1949 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

dbt1949 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:39 pm 7288 hours in Civ 5. I still play it.
You honor, the witness is non-responsive :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

• Average game completion rate in Steam: 40%
  • Puzzley games I finished without using hints
    • Antichamber
    • Braid (all puzzle pieces)
    • The Dig
    • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
    • Grim Fandango
    • Infidel
    • Machinarium
    • The Neverhood
    • Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    • Portal
    • Portal 2
    • Trinity
    • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
  • Collectible-laden games I 100%ed
    • Bully
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Ridiculous Fishing
  • Notable cheevos
    • Dragon's Dogma. The Hero trophy. You get this by completing all the sidequests, some of which are easily missable so this trophy is on the rare side (1.6% global achievement rate in Steam). I had to follow a walkthrough carefully.
    • Fallout: New Vegas. Finished the game on Very Hard difficulty with a melee-focused character with an Intelligence of 1 in Hardcore mode (must eat, drink water, and sleep to survive). Hardcore (4.5% global achievement rate in Steam) is actually not that difficult and makes the game more interesting. The most difficult parts were fighting cazadores and yao guai.
    • Final Fantasy X. Lightning Dancer (dodge 200 consecutive lightning bolts, 7.7% global achievement rate in Steam). I had to prepare myself for this one, physically and mentally. I rested my eyes between lightning bolts and kept a written ticksheet of my progress.
    • Half-Life 2 Episode 2. Little Rocket Man, 6.8% global achievement rate in Steam. This requires you to bring a garden gnome with you for most of the game. You have to drop it whenever you fight and retrieve it when the battle's over. There were several times when I had to search long and hard for it because some explosion blew it away. Also, you move slower while carrying it. There was one monster I couldn't kill and had to outrun, so I threw the gnome away and went back for it later. Also, the gnome had a tendency to fall off your vehicle during the driving segments. Imagine trying to keep a garden gnome on the roof of your car in real life and you'll get the idea. As annoying as this all was, it added an interesting twist to a shooter that I otherwise wasn't enjoying much.
    • We Love Katamari: Got every item in the collection (but not every possible planet, which would have required more arcade skills and patience than I had). Also, I collected a million roses in the rose stage. I could collect about 30,000 roses in 10 minutes, so by playing the rose stage for 10 minutes every night over the course of a month, I reached a million. I probably got some good podcast-listening done in the meantime.
Hipolito

Post by Hipolito »

I didn't mean to kill the thread with my wall of self-glory.

I had actually wanted to start a thread like this. I never got around to it, but made a list of my achievements. So when Grifman posted this thread, boom, I was ready.

I hope more people post. I may be the biggest dork, but I don't want to be the only dork.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pinball FX2
Manager of the Month - Strategically manage your team in order to achieve their potential by achieving all 5 Extra Balls on a Super League Football table.
0.60% of players have this

Gunslinger - Win a quick-draw duel on the Wild West Rampage table.
0.60% of players have this

Just Cause 2
Trying Anything Once - Drive all 104 vehicles.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I had some legit rare achievements, but I soured on the process when I unlocked a bunch by playing games from bundle packs and they bumped my truly rare ones off the chart. The reason they bumped off others is because apparently I'm the only one playing games from bundle packs, so that makes the achievement rare - not that they were difficult or obscure to earn.

For those that I truly earned, I think my favorites are:

Sniper 3: Sniper Elite Hunter - Eliminate another sniper with a stealth take down (2% of other players have this) - I know the map; I know where it happened. Getting the drop on a German sniper and actually creeping around to take them out with a knife rather than shooting them? Worth it.
Saints Row 3: Health Inspector - Destroy all the green polyps inside Paul (3% of other players have this) - I'd think this should be fairly obvious. :D
Fallout New Vegas: Desert Survivalist - Heal 10,000 points of damage with food (2.4% of other players have this). Apparently I like to cook.

I have 3666 achievements, with 19% of my games complete. 5 perfect games. I know there are people that hate the idea of achievements, but for me they are a treat and give me mental "bookmarks" to remember games with.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 am I had some legit rare achievements, but I soured on the process when I unlocked a bunch by playing games from bundle packs and they bumped my truly rare ones off the chart. The reason they bumped off others is because apparently I'm the only one playing games from bundle packs, so that makes the achievement rare - not that they were difficult or obscure to earn.
I blame JetFred.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I've never cared a whit about achievements.

Frankly, it's utterly baffling to me that people do.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:30 am Frankly, it's utterly baffling to me that people do.
Your unrepentant love of men wearing makeup and yelling baffles me. Let people enjoy things. :wink:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:32 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:30 am Frankly, it's utterly baffling to me that people do.
Your unrepentant love of men wearing makeup and yelling baffles me. Let people enjoy things. :wink:
Fair enough.

Now get offa my lawn.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Some people just enjoy the challenge of working out a way to pull off the sometimes obscure requirements. Just like some people like checking off completed games, or polishing their gameplay in a single game so that they can complete the hardest difficulty in ironman mode, or finding collectibles, or whatever.

I intend to go through some of mine, but there are a lot to sort through.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

A lot of games I have I go thru many times and still only have a few achievements.
They are not one of my goals.
I maxed out a couple and then they added DLCs with new achievements.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

XCOM: EU is my biggest winner. 86% of achievements. The rest are mostly multi-player based.
0.70% - A Continental Fellow - Win a game starting on all 5 continents.
2% - No Looking Back - Win on Ironman Classic+.
2% - Ain't No Cavalry Coming - Have a soldier survive every mission in a game.
2% - By Our Own Powers Combined - Win a mission with 4 augmented soldiers (Mechs) with 4 different base abilities.
XCOM 2
2% - Valhalla - Win on Ironman Commander+
CivV
2% - Poland Can Into Space - Win a space victory with Poland

These are the ones that show on my profile page.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Apparently my rarest ones on Steam (that aren't just 'nobody ever clicked start') are:

0.5% - Shogun 2: Total War - Skilled Warrior (Max out any [Fall of the Samurai] avatar skill tree, by spending a skill point in each skill within a single skill tree.)
2% - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Loremaster (Have a Lore skill of 100 or more.)
2% - Sniper Elite 3 - Three Birds, One Stone (Destroy all 3 bomb dumps at the same time (Mission 7))

I've got the platinum trophies on the PS3/4 (which you get for completing every possible achievement) for:
~Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
~Far Cry Primal
~The Walking Dead (this one is meaningless, as they're all impossible to miss)

I'm missing one achievement for the platinum on Dragon Age: Inquisition

On the 360 I have 100% completion on Assassin's Creed 2.

On World of Warcraft - I have a lot, most of which prove my lack of a life at the time I earned them.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Popular Games
0.50% Battletech: Run Away Faster: Retreated 10 times from a contract before any of your 'Mechs got destroyed - what can I say, I am a cautious player

0.80% Civ V: Party HattUSA : Win as Muwatallis in the Wonders of the Ancient World scenario.
- I don't even remember doing this. Oh right, Unlocked Sep 20, 2011 @ 12:42pm

non-popular games
0.50% Driftland: Sociable Mage: Win a Multiplayer Game
0.60% Puzzle Pirates : Broad Hearts Player: ?? not on steam an more
0.60% Worlds of Magic: Scaly Surprise: Win as Drakhis. (the lizard mage)
0.60% Worlds of Magic: The stout king: Win as Varkin. (the dwarf mage)

2,693 Achievements in 143 different games / 342 games owned
3 perfect games
29% avg completion rate

most frustrating. I was 1 away from getting all achievements on "Craft the World" And then a multiplayer patch was added, with a batch of achievements, and now its beyond my reach. Ugh.

I really wish achievements had a separate category for Multiplayer Only achievements, so could ignore those and still 100% a game.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.